Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cats of the Sun ☼ A Warrior Cats BC

Back to Guilds

A place for members of the Cats of the Sand BC Shop to keep track or and roleplay their characters. 

Tags: Roleplay, Warriors, Cats 

Reply Cats of the Sun ☼ A Warrior Cats BC
[HIRING] Looking for Colorist, Certist Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blinded By Silence
Vice Captain

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:13 pm
User Image

We, and by we I mean me, here at Warriors: Cats of the Sun are looking to expand out little family.
Are you interested in joining us? Look below for details!

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:34 am
User Image

Coloring here at Warriors: Cats of the Sun is a little different than most shops. As a colorist, you are required to work within these limits and by applying you are agreeing to our vision.

tab tab We use pixel art with very minimal use of soft brushes.

tab tab Cats come in a wide variety of colors, from white to blue, to lilac to black. However, please be aware that "blue" cats are not literally blue, but a cool shade of grey or silver. Lilac is the same, but in the warmer tones. There will be no unnaturally colored cats in this shop.

tab tab All cats should have "naturally occurring" markings, meaning tabbys, calicos, torties, points, spots, brindling and the like.

tab tab Cats have a great variety of eye colors ranging from yellow to blue. Colors like amber, turquoise, and even pink can exist.

tab tab The leathers of a cat is referring to the paw pads and nose color. These are usually limited to pinks, browns, greys and black.

By applying, you agree to work under the following conditions:
tab tab All work must be approved before it can be given out until stated otherwise.

tab tab You must be able to take constructive criticism in case your cats are not approved outright.

tab tab Colorists keep 100% of their earnings for what they draw. This includes breedings, customs, and contributions to events!

tab tab While we don't enforce a minimum contribution here, we do have a maximum number of cats made per month. You are required to comply with that number.

tab tab In addition to the gold/plat earned through your art, you will also earn one (1) custom cat OR 15 DP per month.

These are examples of more "realistic" cat patterns.
User ImageUser Image

These, however, are more borderline examples, but are still allowed.
User ImageUser Image

Edits are more likely to be scars and natural traits or accessories, like so.
User ImageUser Image

If you would like to apply to be a colorist please use the following application. For you examples, we require:

tab tab - One cat in all stages (Kit, Apprentice, Warrior, Elder)
tab tab - A breeding between these two cats consisting of at least three kits : Sunseer x Morningsky
tab tab - If applying for an edited position: One scar, one genetic edit, and one accessory.

[ kit | apprentice | warrior | elder ]

[size=14][b][color=blue]Colorist Application:[/color][/b][/size]
[b]username[/b] your username here
[b]edited or unedited[/b] you can switch between these later
[b]software[/b] which software do you use? be sure it is compatible with pixel art!
[b]contribution[/b] realistically, how many cats to you see your self colors in a month?
[b]previous experience[/b] you do not need experience to be hired.
[b]examples[/b] please put your images in a spoiler

User Image

Blinded By Silence
Vice Captain

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150

Blinded By Silence
Vice Captain

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:57 am
User Image

The Certist position is quite simple. Your job will be to take the information from the certing thread, apply it to the cert template, and perform drop offs of completed certs in thread using the shop mule.

You payment will consist of one (1) custom cat OR 15 DP per month.

[ cert template ]

Please cert the following cats:
Breeding Certs
We ask SunClan to welcome these Kits to our Clan...
colorist blinded by silence
mother Morningsky
owner of mother Blinded By Silence
father Sunseer
owner of father Blinded By Silence
generations of parents 1, 1

name Littlekit
owner Nymphiea
clan MountainClan
uncert littlekit

name Blazekit
owner belloblossom
clan MountainClan
uncert blazekit

name EmberKit
owner caffinecraving
clan MountainClan
uncert emberkit

Single Cat
We ask SunClan to welcome this cat to our Clan...
colorist Blinded By Silence
owner Blinded By Silence
name Fish
clan No Clan
uncert Runaway Kittypet

Frozen Cat
Don't ever change...
colorist Blinded By Silence
owner Blinded By Silence
name Morningsky
clan MountainClan
uncert Momma cat

Name Change
From this day forward, you will be knowns as...
owner Blinded By Silence
cert Littlekit
old name Littlekit
new name Littlepaw
reason for the change I'm an apprentice now!

[size=14][b][color=indigo]Certist Application:[/color][/b][/size]
[b]software[/b] which software do you use? must be compatible with .psd
[b]availability[/b] how often are you online?
[b]examples[/b] please put your images in a spoiler

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:06 am
User Image

To be a roleplay manager requires an active user who knows the world. If you are interested in this position, continue reading below.

Your job consists of:
tab tab - Read all roleplays to ensure that they follow the current cannon.
tab tab - Check over new cert requests to ensure names comply with the shop rules.
tab tab - Assist players who may have questions about the world.
tab tab - Your payment for this work will be one (1) custom cat OR 15 DP per month.

Please use the following situations as examples of what you would do to handle them:
Quote:
A shop regular submits some cats for certing. They are:
A Kittypet named Harlot.
A Warrior named Metalfang.
A Kit named Sparrowtail.

Quote:
You find a roleplay where a WindClan cat is sneaking into the nearby Two-leg place. The roleplay is in the WindClan Territory Subforum.

Quote:
A new player comes in and asks where to start.

[color=brown][size=14][b]Roleplay Manager Application:[/b][/size][/color]
[b]experience[/b] how familiar are you with the shop lore? with the warrior series? do you have other experience?
[b]examples[/b] how would you respond to the three situations above?

User Image

Blinded By Silence
Vice Captain

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:00 pm
Certist Application:
username Nymphiea
software PS6 Portable
availability If I'm not working I'm reachable almost all day, and if I am working (I am still seeking a new job so no clue on hours yet) I'll be around either in the morning or night. I get on everyday -- this is where I go to relax. c:
examples
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 pm
Roleplay Manager Application:
username Nymphiea
experience Very familiar! I read everything and frequently check if there's new information. I also am active on the Discord, so I see updates and tidbits about the world when it's mentioned. With the warriors series, I've read the first few books. While I didn't read many after, I keep up on things my own way; I read a lot of fanfics, I research in the fan wiki, and I've RPed in warriors shops for a loooong time. I always worked in a warriors shop before, as well. SO, I like to say I'm quite familiar with the warriors world as a whole.
examples
Naming:
Harlot: While technically an acceptable name within the worlds lore, I would immediately approach Blinded and ask if it's allowed. Mostly, the name is offensive. It's an insult and as thus I personally would be on the side to deny the name. However, my preferences are not the only ones, and if Blinded is okay with the name Harlot I'd approve it once told to do so.
Metalfang: Deny on the basis that cats primarily don't know what metal is -- if they do, they most likely wouldn't call it metal (as they don't call humans their actual name, or any human items/creations their english names). Alternatives would be suggested; Shinyfang, Hardfang, Sharpfang.
Sparrowtail: Kits cannot have a full warriors name. Contacting the owner and re-explaining the name rules would be immediately done, as well as saying the kit can totally be named Sparrowkit.

WindClan Territory: Currently, it seems interactions with two-legs are forbidden for these reasons; two-legs are featured in the upcoming Meta and this is perceived as a Big Deal, warriors are NOT kittypets and therefor remain within their wild home, two-legs are not playable characters, and even kittypets are treated as 'runaway cats', meaning they lack a two-leg associated to them. As of such, I'd contact the players and tell them that, unless further notice or a Meta opens the chance up, contact with humans cannot be done through general RP.

New Player: I'd first send them to the front page and ask them to read it in it's entirety, and then take a glance at the death point system and our guide to the world, which has helpful information on herbs and naming themes. If they had further questions, such as how to get a cat or how a feature works, I'd explain briefly the feature/answer and then redirect them to where the information is written so I don't miss anything.

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Tigeria
Crew

Questionable Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 am
Colorist Application:
username Tigeria
edited or unedited Edited
software Photoshop CS5 and Manga Studio 5
contribution 8-9+
previous experience Starlight Dreams (Closed), Woof (Closed), and Ilosia (Semi-Open?)
examples

Edited Examples

Unedited Examples

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Breeding Morningsky x Sunseer:
(Fun thing about this, I rolled for the number and gender of kits and ended up with 4 girls and 1 boy)
User Image
Kittens:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Apprentices:
Warriors:
Elders:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:23 pm
Colorist Application:
username Taki-di
edited or unedited Edited
software Photoshop CC
contribution Uhh, as a default 8? I can be flexible about it as needs come up.
previous experience Jokoa and a bunch of old dead places such as: Eevee Evolutions, Warriors: A New Beginning, The Wildlife Reserve, Pokemon Pardisia, The Station, Escape! from Area 51, Cybernetics
(i can provide examples of work there if needed)
examples

Growing
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Edits

Sunseer x Morningsky

Others

Taki-di

caffeinecraving
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:07 pm
Colorist Application:
username Caffeinecraving
edited or unedited Edited because go big or go home? xD
software Clip Studio~
contribution I have next to no life... I can color the amount you need, but for me just doing them probably 6? I mean, im not a great self starter.. more like tell me what you need colored and ill color it xD
previous experience Yes, a lot of shops, most are dead (Was gonna reopen a warriors shop but then found your thread xD So glad i dont have to be in charge! You are doing a great job!), I did all the lines and most the coloring for the shop Show Off though, so i mean thats still going... Worked for GKC as well...
examples Fair warning this is my first attempt at pixel art but i wanted to play too! So best effort! xD Sir yes sir!

Ear and Tail Edit that would be breedable, Persian breed edit (breedable),
User Image User Image
Not Breedable Collar, unless to another kittypet? Do all kittypets get to have collars?
User Image

Growing up
....He had a rough life ok xD

Sunseer kits (littlepaw, Ember and Blazekit are the best xD Cant out do them but Tada 3 babies!)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:10 pm
username Moonstone Dazzle
experience Been reading the Warrior Cats series since I was a wee kit myself. Been on the B/C for years, and used to do Warrior Cat RPs on Neopets. To date myself, rofl.
examples

Naming:
Harlot: My personal preference is to say no, namely because I don't know that cats would have a system of prostitution and the name itself conjures sexual imagery. It could offend other people/borderline TOS for gaia and the shop, and I would work with the owner to maybe come up with another name.

Metalfang: Deny because I don't know that cats would have the terminology for metal. I would suggest other options- glintfang, stonefang (something hard that can be sharpened like metal while naturally occurring), shinyfang or gleamfang depending on the imagery they want to conjure up.

Sparrowtail: Contact the owner and quote the rule of kits not actually having warrior names. I would recommend then that the kit could start as Sparrowkit, or offer to help brainstorm on ideas!

WindClan Territory:
My two primary issues with this are that-
1. This is a rather big event, and putting it only in windclan might keep certain people (those who don't have windclan members) from seeing it! It may do better in meta-specific threads OR if we have a borderline territory better defined, putting it there.
2. I would recommend keeping it to a meta, since I believe we don't have access to interacting with two-legs yet? This could impact the shop lore, and I'd really encourage them to come back and do this premise when the meta hits!

New Player:
I'd link them primarily to the rules, the story, and the shop system on the front page, while asking about their knowledge of Warriors + just chatting. Based on that and what they're reading, I'd ask if anything seems confusing or if it all makes sense, and offer to be an ear for questions and support.

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Blinded By Silence
Vice Captain

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:01 pm
First round of hiring! This thread will stay open and I will continue hiring as necessary. Thank you all for your patience.
heart

Tigeria
Our new colorist! Welcome aboard!
Moonstone Dazzle
Our new Roleplay Manager! Welcome to the family!
Nymphiea
Our new Certist! Welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:24 pm
username PeterPan_da144
experience I have only just joined the shop, but I have a deep understanding and love of the Warriors series. I have read up until roughly the 4th book of Dawn of the Clans, the entirety of Into the Wild, all six books of The New Prophecy, all six of Power of Three, and the first two of Omen of the Stars. So I am a bit behind on book canon lore. I have also read a majority of the Super Editions, with the exception of Yellowfang's Secret and Tallstar's Revenge, if I remember correctly, although I do know the stories to all of the super editions. I am currently trying to finish up my collection, and obtain all of the novellas and other books I am missing. I also have experience moderating roleplays. I have been with Gaia for just over eleven years, albeit through several accounts, and have been moderating for about five of those years.
examples how would you respond to the three situations above?

Certing and names
The Kittypet named Harlot is entirely acceptable, in my opinion. After all, it was named by a Two-leg, and Two-legs can be incredibly.... creative with their names. However, I would go to the owner to double check and make sure it is all right. After all, there is still a T.O.S. to abide by. While the cats would not understand the meaning behind this name, which is why I personally would say it works, there are still many rules that have to be followed, and I am uncertain as to if this name would push those boundaries. Hence, talking with the owner to make sure if it is acceptable or not. Once I have my answer, I would approach the person who submitted the cert, and let them know that the name is not acceptable, if it has been denied.

A Warrior named Metalfang I, personally, would say is unacceptable. Mostly because I would have said no to having Metal as a preffix to begin with due to the fact that Cats do not know what metal is. It is the same with gemstones like ruby and jade, unlike gold and silver, which are colors. Therefore, I would recommend a few other names to them, depending on what the cat looks or behaves like.

A Kit named Sparrowtail is unacceptable. Sparrow is relatively fine, should the kit have colors similar to a sparrow. But unfortunately, Sparrowtail is unacceptable as a kit name because their suffix will be kit so long as they are a kit (meaning, before they are six moons old). I would contact the owner directly and relay this rule to them again, allowing them to resubmit the cert request with the suffix of -kit.

WindClan roleplaying with Two-legs
From what I can tell by reading through the shop, these cats have not interacted with Two-legs yet, so just one cat sneaking in seems very... little. Not so certain what term to use here, sorry xD But if one were to introduce the Two-legs beyond Kittypets gone rogue, then I suggest it be used as a Meta plot to move things along in that direction. Therefore, a Meta subforum would be much more beneficial for this. It would enable not only WindClan to journey into Two-leg Place, but the other clans, whether they went together or separate.

Newbies
Granted, I would do the following whether I was an employee or not, but I would help the newcomer by directing them through the Guild to the various rules and information threads, after making sure that they have at least first read the front page of the thread. Not everyone knows Warriors, though, so I would also be more than willing to help explain anything to them that they don't quite understand fully, and if I don't understand it either, then I would ask the owner and other shopkeepers if they do know.

PeterPan_da144

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:27 pm
Colorist Application:
username Natitsuri
edited or unedited Unedited for now, I'll try edits later when I get better.
software Krita, it has pixel art settings.
contribution Somewhere between 3 and 6 most likely, possibly more.
previous experience Modifoxes, Vulpini Lupus Fumus (closed), Krystal Kreatures (closed)
examples

Unedited all stages:

Sunseer and Morningsky:
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:45 am
A small round of hiring. I will probably hire one more colorist before the holidays, so feel free to update your applications!

caffeinecraving
Our third colorist! Welcome, Caffe!

Blinded By Silence
Vice Captain

Fluffy Bunny

6,025 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Expert Skill 150

subducting

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:00 pm