Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 5e] Rotten Apple and Stardust Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pumpkin mask

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:15 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
This campaign is influenced by Lovecraftian Horror, it is a dark story and has a more modernised setting. Magic and such is still very much within the realms of the campaign, it's set in a dystopian land that is very much like our own. This campaign takes a lot of influence from our history, such as incidents being based after World Wars.

XXX World War I – After the assassination of Lord Faust, the Empire of Redguard took this as their opportunity to expand their land. The world was thrown into fragile peace after the war with the Redguard Empire's land reduced as people were freed from communism.
XXX World War II – This is an event that is remembered by the people, as Lord Salvas ordered the ban of magic, all magical beings would be purged from the world in a “cleanse”. Armies revolted against his rules, the war ended when the base of the country Xia suffered massive collateral damage from mages.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
The land seems to be in a state of unease after uniting to reach peace, as fragile as it was. The Emperor Edward has gone totally reclusive after his daughter Amelie mysteriously vanished. The people are calling for assistance as monsters are making more appearances, more than the Hunting Force are able to deal with. Governor's are tense and preparing for war to become the next ruler of the land while The Capital are busy devoting all of their resources into finding Amelie. Emperor Edward hasn't left the castle in months, people are becoming paranoid and on edge, preparing for another war.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
The party are given the important job of trying to find Princess Amelie, they are recruited as The Capital is getting desperate. They get to introduce themselves to others, being sponsored by the same man, known as Paddy Gosh. They are given the instructions to try to find any sort of information about where Amelie could be, and to follow any leads. They are to find Princess Amelie and complete quests along the way. Players will be faced with numerous adventures and quests along the way, hopefully leading to an engaging experience for those involved.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: The Player's Handbook (5e), other supplements can be used, be sure to ask before use however.
Banned Resources: 

ECL:  You begin at Level 1.
Gold:  You start with gold determined by your background/class, you get starting equipment from your class and can purchase items with your gold before the story.
Races:  All races are permitted, using Human Variant.
Ability Scores*: Ability scores are determined by the 32 Point system with all stats starting with 8 points in them, add points as you wish.
xxxxxxxxxx
Hit Points: Hit points are gained the traditional way.
Alignments: All are permitted, although they must be played reasonably.
Pantheon: All are permitted.
Backgrounds: Character backgrounds can be chosen, and you will gain bonuses from them.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] 
2] 
3]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:01 am
I am game, but how modern is the game going to be and how much is magic going to replace Airplanes, ship traveling, and all the other stuff that made the WW's even possible?

Trying to pinpoint the period in history and how much has changed to build a character of that setting.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:42 am
I am too. Kinda thinking of an old favorite character of mine.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:57 am
I'm interested in the previous questions being asked.  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:44 pm
Interested ... eep on level 1 though. Level 1 on 5e is highly lethal in my experience, but I actually just thought of a concept today that would mesh well with the setting.

HUMAN ROGUE FOR ME!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:59 pm
So piecing together concept.

Other sourced material:
I would like to do the investigator variant of City Watchman from SCAG, but if not allowed, I am fine with acolyte.
I think long term I would want to go for Inquisitive from Xanathar's, but am also fine going Arcane Trickster instead if that isn't allowed.

Basically I am making noire universe Sherlock.

Questions:
Languages, should we go with fantasy languages or Earth languages  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

pumpkin mask

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
I am game, but how modern is the game going to be and how much is magic going to replace Airplanes, ship traveling, and all the other stuff that made the WW's even possible?

Trying to pinpoint the period in history and how much has changed to build a character of that setting.

Ship travelling is very much a thing, and so are airplanes, however most airplanes are rather slow and aren't too efficient. Some fighter jets are available - but they are incredibly scarce and were only primarily used in the wars. Most people use balloon like air ships for commercial travel, although they are very expensive and only used among the wealthy. It's very much within the current tide pod eating generation, however due to magic technology has somewhat slowed down ("what is the point of making better airplanes when I can teleport?" mindset is very much apart of the culture). Very basic guns are available, but they're more older models that would've been seen around the wars because, "why make better guns when I can shoot fireballs?". Mobile phones, social media and the such are still a thing, allowing Investigation checks to be done online additionally to find out more information.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:28 pm
PupSage
So piecing together concept.

Other sourced material:
I would like to do the investigator variant of City Watchman from SCAG, but if not allowed, I am fine with acolyte.
I think long term I would want to go for Inquisitive from Xanathar's, but am also fine going Arcane Trickster instead if that isn't allowed.

Basically I am making noire universe Sherlock.

Questions:
Languages, should we go with fantasy languages or Earth languages

That's a gold hat, cool cat! I'm down with what you intend to use smile

Oh yes and Earth Languages  

pumpkin mask

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:57 pm
pumpkin mask
Very basic guns are available, but they're more older models that would've been seen around the wars because, "why make better guns when I can shoot fireballs?".
when you say basic and older model guns, you referring to Reniassance guns or the basic modern ones found in the DMG? And who would have proficiency with them? and cost?

Edit:
Druid or Ranger, depending upon the answers.

I am not saying change anything, but you do realize that "why do this/that?" Is a very bad question. Humans alone have done/created stupid things for just because reasonings for eons. Now you are throwing Halflings, gnomes and dwarves into the picture... Why, becomes even worse of a question... "Here hold my beer" doesn't cut half of it now.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:29 pm
Dan Nygen  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 pm
PupSage
Must resist calling your character Lt. Dan. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:02 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
PupSage
Must resist calling your character Lt. Dan. smile

Wouldn't be the worst thing to be called.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

pumpkin mask

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
pumpkin mask
Very basic guns are available, but they're more older models that would've been seen around the wars because, "why make better guns when I can shoot fireballs?".
when you say basic and older model guns, you referring to Reniassance guns or the basic modern ones found in the DMG? And who would have proficiency with them? and cost?

Edit:
Druid or Ranger, depending upon the answers.

I am not saying change anything, but you do realize that "why do this/that?" Is a very bad question. Humans alone have done/created stupid things for just because reasonings for eons. Now you are throwing Halflings, gnomes and dwarves into the picture... Why, becomes even worse of a question... "Here hold my beer" doesn't cut half of it now.

I think I'll need some time to think up of the why's and how's, and how the influence of other races affected them. Ranger's would have a proficiency in them, that's for sure, I'll need some time to think of what else would have proficiencies but I'll keep you updated. They're going to be more costly, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 pm
PupSage

You're in Lt. Dan wink  

pumpkin mask

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:27 am
What is the common language of where we are starting? I would hate to have your world's version of Google translate the introduction with Paddy.

Also, after some thought going with cleric(war or life, unsure yet). I know no one likes that role, and knowing Gaia's dice roller(and how close we came to death in Pupsage's game) we will need one. Hope to have it done by tomorrow..  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff