Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4E] Glimmers in the Darkeness (Closed) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:57 pm
Hello guildmates: this is the third installment in the ongoing story arc I have been running in this guild. I have 1 to possibly 2 spots open for new players in this next arc.

First, let me go over the ground rules. I expect players who join this game to be active. I need to see at least 2 posts a week from each player during roleplaying. For combat, when it is your turn, you have 24 hours to post—otherwise you will be skipped or your character will be controlled by me for that turn. However, I do not count weekends. It also should be noted it takes about a year of time to play through one of these arcs by play by post, so keep that in mind when considering to join this game.

If you have stuff going on IRL that prevents you from meeting these requirements, please let me know. If you go a week without posting you will be contacted. If I have to contact you too much, you will be dropped. If I don't hear from a player for over 2 weeks, they will be dropped from the game.

[ Character Sheets ]

1] Ilikan Iceborn Vaimei-Laga
2] Keovith

[ Setting Information/Background ]
The hastily constructed fort of Light's Stand stands upon edge of a massive, freshly used battlefield. Its spiky wooden walls are all that stand in front of a great maw of darkness, a wound in the earth that stretches all the way down to the Underdark. It was here that an army of some of the most unsavory denizens of that lightlost place tried to invade the surface world. It was only through the combined efforts of kingdoms of Haverest and Larethal that their forces were beaten back and forced to return from whence they came. Now, the kingdoms lick their wounds and stand steady vigilance over the scar left in the earth, in case the forces of darkness attempt such a folly again.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
You are a hero from the great war against the Underdark invasion. You are now tasked with an important mission. From one of the prisoners freed from the retreating enemy forces, it was learned that a village of underground dwelling Goliath lay in the warpath of the Underdark army as they made their way to the surface. It is now up to you to secretly infiltrate the Underdark and find out the fate of the village.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Anything official; if I can build it in the character builder it goes.
Banned Resources: Nothing homebrew.

ECL: Characters begin at level 7
Wealth: One lvl 8 item, one lvl 7 item, one lvl 6 item, 1800gp
Races: No Changelings, no Pixies—all other races are okay, though character options that grant flight are not allowed.
Ability Scores: 20 point buy OR roll 4d6 and drop the lowest. If you choose to roll, you can attempt one re-roll if you don't like your first roll. At this point, you can't go back to using your first roll. If you're unhappy with your second roll result, you may use point buy instead. Please do your stat dice roles here in this thread.
Alignments: No evil of any kind.
Pantheon: Any non-evil.
Backgrounds: Any, please provide me with a written background for your character; this must be at least a paragraph long and should tie into your background benefit if you choose one.
Themes: Any.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:16 am
Do we know which characters are still sticking around?

Debating if the posting times will become an issue or not if I get a position I've applied for, but knowing the general party might help me at least make a character until there are other takers.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:28 pm
Characters with a short bios and their player

Revenge: Moon Paladin who has a rewards card with the Raven Queen, played by Rain

Kouri: Warden who used to be a Ranger, played by Pupsage

Ruin: Hexblade THP generator striker built like a tank, played by some fool. mrgreen
---------------------

I don't know if Mongoose's Valac will be joining us, but he is a barbarian.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:31 pm
Wait, 3 (psuedo)defenders?

That really makes me want to play another tank too.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:55 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Revenge: Moon Paladin who has a rewards card with the Raven Queen, played by Rain

Nani?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:57 pm
Psychofish
Wait, 3 (psuedo)defenders?

Nani?!?!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:42 am
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

Nani?

No other character(to my knowledge) had to roll a death saving throw... Revenge did it twice. Raven Queen is the goddess of the Grim Reaper. So, she holds your reward card account... with every 9 death saving throws, you get a free cookie.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am
I take umbrage with that assumption that my survival has to do with anything less than the grace of my goddess Sehanine.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:10 pm
Valac has taken a dirt nap or two so Ruin isn't the only one.

Remember, Kouri might be changing her character from an archer to a Warden, so that would be another tank. Also, with the departure of Twyla the party is without a healer.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:42 pm
I stand corrected, I only remember reading of Valac being dropped by Archwizard. Though, that wasn't a kill shot.

And if we need a healer, and the DM is alright, the new people don't want to be one. I can say Ruin stayed with the Demi's, as he isn't with Kouri's group, and build one quickly.

It is an offer, nothing more...

Edit: On the same topic, it may limit the number of times. Kow uses Ruin when talking of Revenge rofl  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm
Much as the idea of playing a party with three defenders and a tanky striker amuses me, I've been looking at controllers and leaders that I thought would fit well with a 2-defender tanky party in my spare time. First instinct is cunning bard, to take advantage of those high ACs a lot- and to make up for how few skills defenders usually have. Not decided yet though.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:55 pm
Let me play around, I am mostly just tryin to make something more optimized

Edit: Starts making Kuori into a cleric of the Goliath Hunter god  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 pm
PupSage

I got to say, I always assumed Kuori was a Warlord, instead of a Cleric.

*Revenge falls in battle*

Kuori: Oh, get up Naeem! T'is, but a flesh wound.

Revenge: I told you not to call me that...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:45 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
PupSage

I got to say, I always assumed Kuori was a Warlord, instead of a Cleric.

*Revenge falls in battle*

Kuori: Oh, get up Naeem! T'is, but a flesh wound.

Revenge: I told you not to call me that...

Thematically, thats the case. Shaming people into finding extra exp.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
Psychofish rolled 20 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 6, 3, 5, 1, 5, 5, 3, 5, 3, 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 2, 3, 2, 6 Total: 80 (20-120)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:12 am
If that's your preference I can roll with that. I'd been looking at bards and found myself designing a Runepriest because I couldn't think of a better party for one than one with multiple defenders. But if competitive cleric is your thing I'm sure I can find something else useful- or multiclass really hard.

I should also try rolling my stats now, just in case the dice like me enough to be better/equal to the point buy.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff