Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
To Catch a Dream Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:32 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

Hollywood paints a terrible picture of psychiatric hospitals. There were two types. Creepy, haunted asylums where horrible experiments had taken place decades passed and now the spirits take their vengeance on any who dare enter. The other was modern day hospitals with white everything, from walls to floors to outfits, and horrible experiments take place behind closed doors, with the patients, often in straight jackets and wheelchairs or looked in padded rooms were guinea pigs. The Providence mental asylum was neither of those. It had large windows and if anything green was the primary colour here. A vibrant leaf green. Though it wasn't the only colour. A patients room could almost be mistaken for a normal room, with a bed and a desk, and depending on their stability some personal items. Of course, the biggest difference was all the furniture was bolted to the floor so it couldn't be thrown. Well, that and the windows were reinforced glass that didn't open. There were a lovely park and common areas, which differed based on risk. It was on the cutting edge of mental health research and truly a place for healing rather than a place just to keep the insane locked up. What really separated it from most other psychiatric hospitals were the clearly labelled areas marked as powered and de-powered zones. It was a hospital for Deviants and the best way to control the mentally unstable was to take away their powers until the patients were either healthy enough to control them, or sane enough to not randomly attack people.

It was here that Carmen found herself after the incident at the cafe. She had only been somewhat stable, to begin with, being allowed out and unsupervised for a few hours a day. After witnessing Alvin get suffocated by a swarm of bugs pretty much all of the progress she had made since being rescued had been lost. At the moment she was in one of the common areas, the anti-power field stopping her hallucinations from affecting others, and feel rather subdued. She had a dream about Oliver, again. But Oliver was dead, murdered by Mathis's betrayal. Or so the official recorded showed. Oliver being killed, not the bit about Mathis. Oliver was a dream walker though, so if she was dreaming about him that meant he was still out there right? The doctor said it was all in her head. Carmen wasn't so sure. What if he was in the hands of the Dominion? But they wouldn't let her leave. Instead, they gave her some sedatives to 'calm her down' and Carmen found herself sitting mutely in a big comfy chair staring glassy-eyed out the giant window.

What if a dream was reality and reality was a dream?
What If things we imagine actually happened?
And real life situations were artificial?

Wake up in your dream
You can do anything there
Well I know you will
Because you've been there so many times before
Take your
dream

March 3rd 2013

nine1122

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:42 pm
User Image User Image User Image
Legion

Scott had made a lot of hard choices in his life to protect people from him. This was probably one of the more drastic. He had woken up in a nice room with furniture bolted to the floor and windows that wouldn't open. It took a few days to piece together the memories he had. Salazar had done a lot of bad things while he was in control and the good Cedric had done had only been so much. Cedric knew that he couldn't keep Salazar under control and so he surrendered himself to Providence. They restrained him and suppressed his powers and with them suppressed the personalities had to way to fight for control. That was when Scott woke up in the Providence facility. The drastic decision was the one to remain there indefinitely. It was the only way he felt he could really control his personalities and he chose to live in the loony bin rather than live fighting to live in his own body.Yet one day he did something out of character. He saw Carmen sitting mutely in a chair and walked over to her. "You're normally talking by now. What happened?"

Date: March 3, 2013 | Company: Other Patients | Powers: Elemental Manipulation (Suppressed) | Personality: Scott Ryder

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:20 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

Carmen didn't speak right away. Her glassy eyes slowly travelled from the window to Scott standing over her. She seemed to debate answering him for a second. Well, they were all here for one reason or another, so she supposed he couldn't make fun of her for being crazy. "They gave me a sedative. Oliver...he needs help. But they don't believe me. Say it's all in my head." She explained, before shifting her eyes back to the window. Outside was so close, yet she knew she didn't have the means to break it. She expected Scott to either move on or maybe tell her the doctors were probably right.

Wake up in your dream
Well I know you will
Take your
dream

March 3rd 2013

nine1122

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:05 pm
Legion

"What's your proof?" Scott asked before thinking through the consequences of enabling a nut job like himself. It was probably Cedric's fault Scott had even asked. Cedric always made Scott feel like he needed to help. Cedric and Jason. He had his answer, she was drugged out of her mind, so why should he have stayed any longer? Maybe he stayed because of Edmond's arrogance. Drugged out Carmen was the most normal person here and Edmond (another personality) did not like hanging around those he believed were beneath him. Fortunately he had not passed that judgement on Carmen yet. Scott could not deny that he was a little interested in what Carmen had said regardless of his own doubts about it's accuracy. All of her powers were in her head. It made perfect sense that she might hallucinate him but it also was possible that there was more he didn't know yet.

Date: March 3, 2013 | Company: Other Patients | Powers: Elemental Manipulation (Suppressed) | Personality: Scott Ryder

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:21 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

"Proof?" Carmen snorted at that. "It's not like you'll believe me." It wasn't like she had anything tangible she could show someone. A letter or something. Lexi knew about Oliver's powers, so maybe Carmen could convince her, but she couldn't trust Lexi as long as she was hanging around Mathis. She looked back up at Scott. Well, she had already gone this far. "Oliver is a Dream Walker....he can invade people's dreams, change them, speak to people." It wasn't a great power out on the battlefield, but when it came to intelligence few powers could beat it. He could pass along messages or have secret conversations. He could even convince the enemy to give up important information in their dreams. "He told me where they are keeping him last night."

Wake up in your dream
Well I know you will
Take your
dream

March 3rd 2013

nine1122

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Legion

"Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. The point is I asked." Scott replied sharply when Carmen said that proof didn't matter because he wouldn't believe her. Nobody was ever going to believe anybody who gave that as their answer. Carmen proceeded to explain Oliver's powers and Scott listened carefully. It was always good to have that kind of information. When she finished explaining and claimed he had spoken to her last night he understood her situation. "That does seem like the kinda thing they would up your dosage for. Did they say anything about looking for him?" Again Scott asked a question he didn't really feel like he needed an answer for out of sympathy. He could not deny the case did intrigue him though. It was rare that you got something tor really think about in the loony bin.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

Carmen shook her head no and then immediately regretted it. The room seemed to sway around her in a nauseating fashion, for which she blamed the sedative they had given her. Once things settled a bit. "Records show he is dead and Providence is in a stalemate with the Dominion. They don't have resources to waste." She answered dully, regurgitating the doctor's words. That had been when Carmen demanded he actually call Providence because resource allocation and whether or not something was worth looking into wasn't the doctors call...and things had spiralled out of control from there. If it weren't for the drugs, she would have passionately told Scott out outrageous and unfair the whole situation was, and how it wasn't the doctor's call, but instead, she added without much emotions. "Dr. Thorton wouldn't call it in."

Wake up in your dream
Well I know you will
Take your
dream

March 3rd 2013

nine1122

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am
Legion

Scott listened and then shrugged. There wasn't much she would do in her situation to deal with that problem. Not while she was here and under medication. He enjoyed that he was never so heavily medicated. "If it makes you feel better, I'll tell the doctors I had that dream too. Otherwise there isn't anything you can do while you're in here." Scott didn't really know either of them. Odds were he was probably involved in whatever lead to Oliver's death. That kinda stuff happened when you only got one fifth of the memory space in your body. He didn't have compelling reason to help her but if it did some good, why shouldn't he try?

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:42 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

Carmen would have appreciated the offer of help if she hadn't been drugged into numbness at the moment. Instead what came out were monotone sluggish words that would probably seem ungrateful, and that of someone looking to only point out problems rather than provide solutions. "They would know you were lying." One could only hope Scott would be understanding given the illusionist current state. A few awkward seconds went by as an idea slowly formed in her mind. "What if you really do have a dream?"

Wake up in your dream
Well I know you will
Take your
dream

March 3rd 2013

nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:55 pm
Legion

"I can prove they won't know." Scott replied softly and more to himself than to Carmen. Nobody had known when Salazar was pretending to be Scott. That probably meant he had plenty of lying skills if he really tried. Then Carmen asked what would happen if he really did have a dream and he shook his head. "It won't happen. I don' know this guy and he doesn't know me. He wouldn't come to me. Plus I wouldn't even be sure that it was him. The voices... the others... they always try to trick me into losing control. "

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:01 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

It seemed in her drug-induced haze she hadn't done a very good job explaining. Is frowned slightly in concentration as she tried to put the right words together. "They'll know you are lying because you don't know what Oliver looks like, or what he sounds like or how he talks. I could try to describe all of that to you, but I think they would figure out pretty quickly they were my words and not yours." At least she hoped they would be able to figure that out, but maybe she was putting too much faith into the doctor's abilities. The voices causing someone to lose control was something Carmen could relate to, though schizophrenia was quite a bit different than multiple personality syndrome. At least she was always Carmen, even if she could never be totally sure of if what she saw and heard was real or not. Honestly, she could be talking to a potted plant at the moment. "Oliver has a way of finding peoples dreams.....things are different in the dream world. It might take him a bit though." Carmen frowned thoughtfully. It might be too late for Oliver by then. But then her eyes drifted back up to Scott. Maybe the drugs were starting to wear off or maybe it was something else, but it suddenly occurred to Carmen that she had been utterly selfish during their entire exchange. Whining about Oliver and the doctors not believing her. "Does being here help with the voices? If you don't mind me asking that is."

Wake up in your dream
Well I know you will
Take your
dream

March 3rd 2013

nine1122

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am
Legion

Scott wanted to say many things about Oliver now that he knew Oliver had the ability to go to anyone and chose the two least free freedom fighters in the world but he didn't. It wouldn't help Carmen to hear that he thought Oliver was a fool for coming to them. It wouldn't bring Oliver back and it wouldn't make Carmen want to work with him so Scott kept it to himself. He did not need an argument right now. Honestly he didn't ever need arguments in his life. Scott would have very much enjoyed an existence free from any passions because then he'd always be in control. If he could just stay calm forever. He had become a little side tracked in his thoughts and almost forgot to answer Carmen's question about his own troubles. "No... but the medication they give me helps a little. It's easier to stay in control when there aren't as many outside forces to meddle with your head and this place provides that."

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:26 am
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

Carmen nodded to Scott's comment about it being easier to stay in control. "I was an outpatient until the cafe I was in was attacked by a girl who could control bugs. I lost control of my illusions....and woke up here." She honestly didn't remember most of what happened but had been informed of Alvin's death and that his murderer had been captured. "With my powers suppressed, I can't lose control, but the chance of getting assaulted by a hoard of bugs in here are pretty small...What I need is some kind of diversion to get out of here." The idea came to her suddenly while she was telling Scott her story. If the room was under assault by a horde of insects it wouldn't be very hard to grab a key card and slip out the door. She just had to think of a way to create that much chaos.

Wake up in your dream
Well I know you will
Take your
dream

March 3rd 2013

nine1122

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:46 pm
Legion

"A girl who could control bugs? Odd." Scott almost remarked that he'd encountered a similar problem when he was with the Dominion but he didn't see the relevance so he left it at that. "So you want to break out and risk losing control of your illusions somewhere where you're more likely to run into bugs?" Scott asked, somewhat confused as to what she was asking of him. He wouldn't set the building ablaze or rend earth at a moment's notice to provide a distraction. "You need a plan, not a diversion. If you don't make a plan someone will always get hurt." Scott mumbled the last sentence with some indifference. He wasn't sure where she was going with all of this yet but it didn't take a genius to figure it out. She wanted out and she wanted him to help her. He was the only one who might consider it too because he was the only one who didn't think she was nuts.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:52 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

Odd wasn't exactly the word she would use. Not in a world of superpowers. Creepy and gross, but not odd. It seemed that her sudden change in topics had caused some confusion in Scott though. "Well, I doubt I'll run into bug girl again, but yes I'll be at risk of losing control of my illusions out there. A diversion is the plan or at least part of it. I need to come up with some kind of distraction where I can get my hands on a key card, slip out of the building unnoticed and hopefully be out of the city before they even notice I am missing. Obviously, there are a lot of things that need to be worked out still, but I've only been working on this plan for thirty seconds." If only she had spent more time watching shows like Prison Break or Orange is the New Black, she might have had some better ideas...or an idea really. "I am open to suggestions."

Wake up in your dream
Well I know you will
Take your
dream

March 3rd 2013

nine1122

Private Role-play

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff