Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
What can I say, I suck at being... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:07 pm
... patient. I state that due to other than the L5R games(sorry guys, I am completely lost on it) there isn't any campaigns to lurk or play at the moment. With that said, I am offering to GM a game, if there is any one who wants to play.

The two options are; restart/continue Bridgepuddle(4e), or start a Savage Worlds (Super)Heroes game.

I have been watching a lot of CW's hero shows and MCU's movies as of late. So, I want to run the SW, but I can understand if a few wish to restart,or even continue Bridgepuddle more.

(I know it will come up, The Fallout game has been placed on the back burner due to a creative block.)Either way, I can only do one or the other, So I am going to wait until I have at least 2, before posting in earnest.

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:16 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?

That's more or less the reason I got stuck as captain. I kept getting impatient on others and just kept going, "Frack it, I'LL JUST RUN ANOTHER GAME WHAT'S THE WORSE THAT COULD HAPPEN!"

Then the captain disappeared and everyone felt I should replace them because I put in more effort than anyone else. sweatdrop

Those were the days where I worked 7:30-3:30 and was usually home by 4. These days, I'm generally working 8-6:00 or later. This is actually the earliest I've gotten home so far this August, since I got out only at 5:25. My shift normally ends at 5 sweatdrop

I am afraid to admit I don't remember anything about Bridgepuddle ninja How far did we get in it?

(And sorry about Legend of the Five Rings ninja )  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:54 pm
I remember the change over, we had to have a Gaian admin to over ride the usual path. sweatdrop

From my memory, I am sure I could just look it up; but where's€™the fun in that? You played Acorn(Shifter), Kow played Seraphina(Blue Half-dragon) and Rag played a rogue (Kobold, and can't€™remember it's€™s name). I can't€™remember the fourth player.

After entering the underground mausoleum, and killing a elf swordmage, the group found a long dead dragon mother, who's€™s eggs were stolen from her and she was tortured for turning against Tiamut. They also learned of a prophesy, that said the mother would rise again, when her child hatched and with her the dead would follow.

Not long afterwards, Acorn tried to save a person(who knew the elf) from a ghoul who was trying to give him a lesson on how to breathe in water. All and all not too far, but it wouldn't€™t be so hard to build a new campaigned on the same idea€¦ it was once considered a prime idea to play both 4e and 5e on the same board.

(Don't worry about it, if I really wanted to not be confused I would read the book cover to cover, that is how I learned of 5e, SW, and a few other things. I just don't want to read a 400 page book and all those posts, just yet.)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:55 am
Oh! It's the Acorn game! That's all I needed to know. 4laugh  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:17 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
(Don't worry about it, if I really wanted to not be confused I would read the book cover to cover, that is how I learned of 5e, SW, and a few other things. I just don't want to read a 400 page book and all those posts, just yet.)

I would say if you were to be introduced to Legend of the Five Rings, Cartographers would be a better fit sweatdrop Or another game if one were to be created. The ideal choice to show someone the ropes is to do a Crab samurai clan-centered game where it's pretty much samurai vs monsters & demons, because the Crab don't really care what the other samurai clans think or want; they just want to be left alone to kill demons.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:53 am
Rain Yupa
they just want to be left alone to kill demons.

Sounds a lot like Court Squad 11 off of Bleach.

Anyway, Cartographers; is that a setting? something akin to Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms, or Eberron in D&D.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 am
A task, not a setting sweatdrop Basically, "explore the empire and update some maps". An excuse to go adventuring, since "adventuring" isn't something a samurai normally does.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:43 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa
they just want to be left alone to kill demons.

Sounds a lot like Court Squad 11 off of Bleach.

Anyway, Cartographers; is that a setting? something akin to Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms, or Eberron in D&D.

If it helps, here's my best shot at bleach squad captain comparison to the great clans in L5R (7 original clans, 1 disappeared for about 600 years on a journey to seek and defeat enemies outside the empire then came back; 1 created around the start of the metaplot/1st edition in year ~1130; and 1 added towards the end of the metaplot before property rights changed hands, in year ~1173). I'll also use 3 keywords for each.

Crab Clan - Military; Defensive; Monster-hunters - Kenpachi
Crane Clan - Duels; Honor; Court - Byakuya
Dragon Clan - Duels; Mysticism; Enlightened - Sajin
Lion Clan - Military; Honor; Military - Toshiro
Mantis Clan - Pirates; Archers; Cutthroat - Hardest to say, since it's actually several smaller clans merged, but probably Shinji
Phoenix Clan - Magic; Pacifists; Defensive - Jushiro
Scorpion Clan - Secrets; Dishonor; Court - Gin
Spider Clan - Dishonor; Military; Evil?? - Mayuri
Unicorn Clan - Military; Cavalry; Different - Shunsui  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:47 pm
Rain Yupa

I would say if you were to be introduced to Legend of the Five Rings, Cartographers would be a better fit sweatdrop

Are you asking if I would like to join? If so, I blame lack of sleep for not piecing it together earlier. If not, then I blame the aforementioned patience for reading into something that isn't there.

But, you succeeded on peeking enough interest to gain a copy of the core book. And want rewatch my Bleach and samurai themed dvd's... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:37 pm
I was worried you'd be curious about what L5R is like, and Unity (the major game going on) is diving a bit into the deep end. sweatdrop

And if it makes people more likely to post in Cartographers, I'd be down with another player!

GustyFox

Psychofish

Paidi tou Selini

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 pm
On a side notice bit... We are sweating a lot, for a simple conversation. Not even 1 page down and we have 6 sweatdrop emojis. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:36 pm
Rain Yupa
I was worried you'd be curious about what L5R is like, and Unity (the major game going on) is diving a bit into the deep end. sweatdrop

And if it makes people more likely to post in Cartographers, I'd be down with another player!

GustyFox

Psychofish

Paidi tou Selini

Unity drowned me.
Like ... water = politics and I was the wicked witch from Oz, and I was all like, "This is fine ..."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:54 pm
It's a hot summer, isn't it? And hey, the deep end is where the Krakens thrive wink hopefully....kinda…...maybe...er….*crosses fingers*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:40 pm
Well, just this last week I got my household goods and just finished (mostly) setting up my house. Alphabetfish and I finally have our desktops computers back. I still plan on starting the next Arc of my campaign in September. I will get a recruitment thread for one ore two more players started here in the next week or so.

As for Bridgepuddle I would prefer to start over and potentially pick up some new players. I might want to play a different character myself that wouldn't clash so much with Acorns personality(if Rain still wanted to play that character.) I'm not sure Seraphina was a good fit for that group ,though it was kind of fun with her being a blue half-dragon and having strong feelings towards the blue dragon egg and the events that were taking place in that campaign.

Just keep in mind Arc 3 will be starting in two weeks or so, so don't be too antsy.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:44 pm
Fox, I don't know how well we'll thrive with how we're doing.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff