Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ā˜† Chatterbox
Uhg

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gonna spill tea and vent...
  Puppies.
View Results

Rysabi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:08 pm
So I ended up getting a zero on an assignment that is worth 30% of our grade. They're online class discussions. The professor worded it to make it sound like you're supposed to post once per thread but apparently I misread the directions or something. It brought my average from a 97 to a 77.5.
I sent an email, hopefully, she will let me make it up or she will give some grace.

I'll probably be dropping the class if she doesn't. emotion_facepalm

This is stressful.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:57 pm
Iā€™m so sorry. As a fellow college student I feel your stress! Hopefully she/he explains the assignment so you can do it correctly next time. And shows some mercy to let you make up points.
heart  

dancerdog7

Anxious Conversationalist

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:41 pm
I hope U can get her 2 let do it again . She knows what U R capable of, therefore, she should give U the benefit of doubt, since U misunderstood. Good luck... please let us know how it turns out...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:50 am
Oh no! that is terrible... i would definitely bring up that it was a miscommunication on your part and you apologize for that.. i hope she's not too strict about it!! hope all goes well >w<  

bxttersweet

Backwoods Comrade

Rysabi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 pm
Thankfully it was a screw up on her end. Due to my last name, I am at the tail end of the list. This means I'm the last to get graded. Apparently, I was supposed to get a 90 but she didn't hit the 9 key hard enough and she didn't catch it after she hit submit.
She corrected it and gave me a 100 because she felt bad.
My average is back up to 98 and I don't have to drop the class. emotion_facepalm

Man, getting that zero and the effect that it had on my grade had me freaking right the heck out. emotion_facepalm  
ā˜† Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games