Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Etoile Housing District
1103: Ceres Calisto Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:26 am
Cho-Cho Twain

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Night never ending
The weapons we bring are our souls
You know, You know
You know what it means to feel real
So rise up, claim the sky
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He gently stroked her hair as she tried to apologize. Did it feel weird to her, feeling his two shortened fingers stroking her hair? Well, it was the freer of the two hands, so she would just have to deal with that part. He did his best to wrap himself around her, an iron trellis for the ivy to wrap itself around. Great, now he was using plant metaphors. "You aren't a burden, Ceres. Carrying the world on your shoulders for centuries and needing a break every now and then doesn't make you a burden, it means you are strong." He still didn't know all of the details, but she had told him enough. At some point she had been abandoned, and now it made her feel worthless and alone. She likely was so adamant about helping people because she did not want them to feel the same way, that and maybe in their appreciation for her kindness they would befriend her. He didn't know what it was like to go through what she had, in order to be abandoned you had to belong to some close unit. He had felt some camaraderie with his men and occasionally other male drow, but nothing like a family. He only missed his world because at least he understood that one. He had a strange idea of what might help her, or it might not, but it was worth a shot. "Maybe...maybe you are thinking about it the wrong way. There is a creature where I'm from, it is terrifyingly loyal and thinks nothing of sacrificing itself for the ones it cares about. Anyway, soon after the creature is born, its parent forces it to leave and seek out its own home. They wander for many years until they find a humanoid that they fancy, and they latch themselves to that one person. It isn't even remotely the same species, and there are no blood ties, but the creature forms a family with its chosen person and that person's ties. Or I guess birds would work as an example too, now that I think of it. Maybe you were left by those of your blood so that you could form your own family with people of your choosing. People who will stay by your side because they care for you, not because they share common blood. You are of a kind that lives many many years, so maybe you are just destined to have to wait a while, so that you only get the best options to integrate into your real family."

"Long was the hour for the valiant knight that would ne'er be sick or slain
Lonely the bower in the candle light with neither kith nor kin
Storm clouds over the full moon raced, as he swung to the dapple grey
And man and horse to the westward faced on the eve of an All Saints' Day.

He's laid his hand on his hunting horn and with his dying breath
Has blown a blast to the blazing morn that would rouse the angel of death
High in the cusp of the starry night he heard his grey hawk mew
As out of the misty morning light his ghostly greyhounds flew.

Waillee waillee my noble lord who wakes me from my rest
There's none can heal the wounds of time that lie bloody on your breast"

Funds: $0
      Relationship: ?
          Mood: Concerned
              Pain: ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:37 pm
User Image

C E R E Sxxx C A L I S T O
The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

After sobbing her heart out, Ceres seemed to calm down a bit, either that or she just had no more tears to let loose for the time being. Although the hair stroking felt nice and calming, she soon brought her face out from hiding. Her eyes still looked irritated from crying and her nose was slightly red as well. Geez, she looked like a mess. The way that Drizyrr was describing the creature from his homeland sort of sounded like a dog. A loyal creature such as that should've been useful, right? The story would have sounded nicer if it would have actually applied to the Dryad. She tried to muster up the best smile she could, but it was very faint. " I wish that was my case... I wasn't abandoned to find my own home. I was exiled... " Ceres would've cried some more had she had any tears left to shed. " I've made grave mistakes in the past... mistakes that I wish I could fix... " Simply thinking about what had happened gave her a bad migraine. Pained, she held her head in her hands, rubbing her temples with her fingers. " I was still pretty young back then, so there were obvious rules between the Dryads that my curiosity made me break. We weren't supposed to get anywhere near the human village, and I just... I just walked right in and I remember thinking that the rules were set because we were too afraid to make contact with anyone else. I thought that maybe if I somehow united the two kinds, then there wouldn't be a reason to be afraid anymore. It seems like I made it worse... Everyone is either dead or misplaced somewhere because of me... "

Ceres covered her face with her hands in shame. Ever since the whole incident between her kind and the humans, she was always disgusted with herself, whether she showed it or not. She simply hated herself. The woman felt like everything she seemed to be in contact with just turned to crap and that she ruined it all. Hell, after telling Drizyrr about what her mistakes were, she felt that she wouldn't even be surprised if he had just got up and left too! " If I would have just listened, then none of this wouldn't happen! Nobody would have had to die. We wouldn't have had lost our home! It's only a matter of time before I mess up something between us too... "

☆ mood: depressed / angry with herselfxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:21 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

It seemed his words had helped momentarily, and then it all came crashing down when she said that wasn't the case with her. He listened intently as she told her story. It really was tragic, and he could see why she felt so guilty, but he didn't blame her for what had happened either. "That is...pretty horrible. I would be telling the truth to say that there was no way you could have known, that you were young, and you were trying to do the right thing. That humans can be downright evil and violent, and there was no way you could have known that. I could say that sometimes, you have to change the status quo to make any progress. I wish I could change my society, but I'm pretty sure if I tried, I would just be killed and nothing would change. All of those rationales are true, but I imagine you have told yourself that millions of times, and it hasn't really helped yet. You have a warm heart, which is a fantastic quality, but when it gets hurt, it really hurts. I don't...I don't know what to do or say to help you, but I promise I will be there for you. I want you to share this burden with me. My heart turned to ice long ago, nothing can crack it anymore, so you don't have to worry about your burden damaging it." Well, it wasn't entirely frozen. If she ever spent the night with him, she would find that he did sometimes wake up in the middle of the night screaming, but those were old scars that never seemed to fade. He wiped her tears away as best he could, though yet again he had to use his stubbed fingers. "The past can either be a trellis or poison ivy. If it's a trellis, it will help you reach your full potential and you can lean upon it. If it's poison ivy, it's going to choke you out at the roots. There, that was my token plant analogy. I really don't know that many." He gave her a brief smile, something he still wasn't used to doing. "You know its bad when I'm the one trying to be comforting. I don't really know the first thing about that kind of stuff. Guess it just speaks to how much I care for you."

Mood: __

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:26 am
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

It seemed as though Ceres's thoughts of doubts and regrets seemed to slow down and then ceased to form when he had said that even though it was a tragic event, there was no way for her to have known the humans would've run rampant and destroy their home. She had to admit, talking to someone - that wasn't a plant - about her problems was helpful. Of course, the plants she talked to tried their best to comfort her, so she'd give them that. As he wiped the rest of her tears away, a small smile appeared over her lips. It wasn't a fake one that she was forcing onto herself, but it also wasn't her usually happy-go-lucky grin she sported, too. Now about that ice heart he said he had, Ceres didn't buy it for one second. The Dryad chuckled faintly as she placed her hand over his chest where his heart was. " I don't think it's an ice block that you claim it to be. You wouldn't be trying to comfort me if it was that frozen. I think you just have it under lock and key. A key that only you can give to someone. I also believe that since your ex-wives could take whatever from you whenever they wanted, you locked up your heart and hid the key somewhere so they couldn't take that from you so easily. " That was simply just her theory, but it seemed logical. Most people who were used and abused so many times tended to lock themselves up in order to not be hurt again. Now that he was free from that world, from his abusers, he'd be able to find some peace and maybe even the person he'd give the key to. Now, she knew he probably had his fill of hugs for the day, but she wanted to give him one more as thanks.

Reaching over, the Dryad gave Drizyrr one last squeeze while swaying slightly side to side. " Ice covered heart or not, I still thank you for comforting me. I know it was probably difficult since you're not used to doing that. But, I appreciate it a lot. " Afterwards, she released him and gave him a quick smooch on the cheek. He was a good, sweet man despite what he thinks about himself. She soon stood up and held out her hand to help the Drow up. He must've been really uncomfortable from kneeling on the floor so long with her. His knees probably hated it. " Wanna continue watching TV? I promise I won't cry again this time ~ "

☆ mood: feeling betterxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc: Sorry for the multiple annoying notifications emotion_facepalm I tried to edit something and I ended up quoting my own post.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:25 am
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

Maybe she was right about him not having a frozen heart, maybe it was just tightly guarded, but he knew he had seen and done things that he regretted, but most of them no longer bothered him. Though if frequency of waking up in the middle of the night screaming is any indicator... And only a couple of times had it been because someone had tried to kill him. "Maybe you're right. Or maybe it's near a warm one so it is starting to melt. Either way, I guess I don't really live up to the evil drow stereotype. My ex-wives never could stand that part." There were probably other things they didn't like about him as well, but the hint of conscience that had remained in him (though at times even it was temporarily snuffed) had always been a nuisance for himself and others. Sure he could throw himself into battle and kill other warriors with glee, but when it came time to plunder the villages and kill all of its inhabitants, he did so with dread and regret.

This time he did not flinch when she hugged him, though that was mainly because he had been holding her all the while, and so there was not a new sensation of touch. Though the kiss shocked him, and he was dazed for a few seconds.
"Well, I'm not accustomed to it, so I hope I didn't make things worse in my feeble attempts to make them better," he responded as he accepted her help in getting back up. He was in excellent shape, but he had already used up over half of his lifespan, and so things were starting to break down. So far it had only been general joint pain and stiffness, the stuff many humans got a little after middle age, but he was certain there would be more to come still. There weren't too many creaks and pops as he stood back up, but they did hurt a little. "I hate being old. That's the problem with all of the elven types: we look the same age from the time we're not quite one hundred until we keel over many centuries later. An elf that actually looks old has lived way past their time." He didn't look old, still looked mature yet not even within eyesight of appreciable age, the way all adult elves looked until they were close to death by old age. "We can, though if you even start sniffling, I will steal the wand and change the channel to something insipid," he said with a smile.

Ooc: lol it's fine. I live off of those notifications. Well, by quoting yourself, at least you knew there was a post there *snicker*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:01 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Ceres was somewhat curious of how his society acted and what was deemed "normal" in their eyes. Was being evil a good thing to them? Maybe being evil also meant not being weak as well. Even so, Drizyrr didn't seem like the weak type and he wasn't evil to her. She didn't fully know how he would act to others but, at least to her he was rather pleasant! " I still don't fully understand why your ex-wives despised you so much. From the way you described it, they treated you worse than a stray dog! Maybe I don't understand since I'm not a Drow, but still! There's supposed to be some type of love connection in a marriage. " That was probably the hopeless romantic in her. Since she became somewhat accustomed to human culture, she had really been interested in different drama TV shows, especially K-Dramas! Of course, none of it was realistic, even she knew that. But, she couldn't help but get sooo distracted and sucked into the shows with multiple plot twists! Maybe there was some kind of magic that made her so addicted! As the two made their way back into the living room, Ceres made a quick trip into the kitchen. Again, she stress eats quite often, but this time she actually wasn't going overboard. She was honestly grabbing a bag of chips and that was it! Usually, she's have a whole 3 person meal all to herself, but since talking out her past problems seemed to get off some of the weight on her shoulders, she didn't feel the need to but a complete glutton this time.

Hearing Drizyrr complain about being old, the Dryad chuckled and patted his shoulder. " Well at least you don't look old. That's a good thing, right? You still look handsome and not like some old turtle! " Ceres stated as she sat back on the couch, munching away at her salty potato snacks. She then handed him the remote and smiled. " If you don't want me to cry again, you can pick something. Just keep pressing this button until you find something interesting. " The woman pointed to the channel button on the remote and did a little demonstration. " These two buttons change the channels back and forth. Also, these ones right here. " Ceres pointed to the volume buttons. " These change the volume, so you can either make it louder or softer. It's pretty easy once you get used to it. "

☆ mood: feeling betterxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc: Yea I guess lol

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:58 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He quirked an eyebrow, "love is required in marriages? I guess ours were more like what you find in the animal kingdom. The female shops around for the male with the qualities she seeks, whether they be battle prowess, magical capacity, or status. She also, if picking a used husband, will look for one with a record of siring many daughters. In exchange, the man receives the status of his wife and a certain degree of protection. If nothing else, courting is a nightmare for men, so one is much safer already married. It is purely utilitarian." He sighed ever so slightly, it was very strange trying to get used to this new world. "Perhaps they did treat me poorly, though they treated me no differently than many men were treated. But men are tools to be used. If you had, say, a shovel in which the handle was growing weak, would you apply patch upon patch or just replace it? Though the metaphor doesn't hold up as well because you can get replacement parts or upgrades for tools, but men require much work and training in order to be upgraded. Hardly worth it, really."

He followed her back into the living room, though she took a detour to the kitchen. While she was in there, he pilfered a little more of the fruit that was still sitting out. No use in such a delicacy going to waste. He wondered what she would think if he admitted he had never even tried half of the vegetables he saw around. He gave the slightest of smirks when she suggested it was ok as long as he didn't look old. "I think I would rather look like a turtle than have my body creak like an ancient dead tree in the wind whenever I moved. Waking up from what should have been a restful slumber only to realize you slept at a slightly wrong angle and so you will be in pain all day is decidedly unpleasant. To think as a child I had no qualms with my usual spot: on the floor under a small table." He sat down on the couch with her, and took the remote when she handed it to him. He wished she would lay back on him, but that was much too forward, even to one as friendly and loving as her. Likely he would have figured out how to work the wand- -remote, on his own, but getting lessons from her was much quicker. He flipped through the channels until he saw something that caught his eye. It was a male skeleton singing his lament about being stuck in a world where everything was the same, and apparently he had mastered it all. From behind a tombstone, a woman made of patches and stitching watched, with something akin to curiosity and affection in her eyes. He knew not what sort of sorcery produced this, but he was curious.

Mood: Curious
                  Ooc: Yes, I'm such a nerd I'm having him watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas." It is my favorite movie of all time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:22 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

This world really must've been a foreign place to him. Her eyes widened slightly as he asked if love was required for marriages. " Of course it is! Or...at least it's required for marriages that you want to last! Also, from what I've noticed, people usually start dating each other first before the commit to saying vows to each other. I'm no expert, but I've observed a lot of beings over the centuries. " She knew all of this was probably just one big culture shock to Drizyrr, but since he was here, she'd help him learn! Hell, she still had a bunch of learning to do herself. While he flipped through the different channels, she heard him say he'd rather look like a turtle than have a creaky body. The Dryad snickered and shook her head. " I guess, but you could always go to the hospital - the large healer's building - and just have one of the cute nurses there to take care of you, too. That seems like a fantasy to most men. " Ceres munched on more of her chips as she watched in awe of the singing skeleton man. Where they real beings? If so, why did they look so cartoonish...and what was a "Sandy Claws"? Her head slowly tilted to the side, like a curious dog, as she looked over at Drizyrr. " I like this....but I can't make any sense of it. Can you? " The Drow seemed almost as intrigued as she was into the film. She then brought a potato chip up to his mouth, offering him a bite. Now that he's had sweet fruit, he's gonna need something salty and savory to balance out the flavors on his tongue. That's how Ceres usually snacked. Salty, to sweet, and then back to salty. That was her normal pattern of choice.

As the movie progressed, the woman's eyes seemed to get heavier and heavier. After a long day of being out and about and then to eating and crying, the poor thing was tired out. Ceres honestly tried her best to stay awake since it was fully nighttime yet. If she fell asleep now, she's screw up her whole sleeping schedule. She even got to the point where her head dipped to the side onto Drizyrr's shoulder before she snapped back awake for a second, her head shooting up almost as quickly as she had set it down. " I'm awake, I'm awake...! " She told herself while her eyes and rest of her body seemed to tell her differently.

☆ mood: Happy / Tiredxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc: I love that movie, too! But honestly I like all Tim Burton movies.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:45 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He shuddered at the idea of dating, though given this world's propensity for peace, it probably wasn't anything like the courtships he had seen. For him, courtship meant waiting in fear as the various women interested battled socially and/or covertly to see who would get the male. A common practice, however, was for the losing female to capture the male and skin him alive, then leave his body on the doorstep of the victor. Probably wasn't nearly so much killing in the surface-dweller variation. Her comment about men fantasizing about going to the...hospital, was it? just to be tended to by attractive nurses surprised him. "Why would anyone wish themselves so ill that they needed to be hooked up to a bunch of machines and experience pain? Are there not easier ways to see and even get to know women? I do not recall any of them being so astoundingly beautiful that I would rather be ill enough to stay there- -not saying they were unattractive, of course." He was somewhere much safer, yes, but instinct still told him that you should never offend a woman or even make less than praiseworthy comments about anyone of the gender. He had lashes enough to tell him which was the superior sex. "And can they even do something for age? I thought that was just something one lived with?" For the first time, he wondered how old she was. She had said she had been watching the humans for centuries, but were not her kind truly ageless? She could be four hundred as easily as she could be four thousand or even four million. And wasn't it true that age typically leant itself to power, at least with magic-wielding types? So if she was so old, wouldn't it stand to reason that she could be nearly godlike in power? Even if she was that powerful, she seemed more benign forest spirit than matriarch. Hopefully he wouldn't do anything that caused him to experience her true might when furious. He turned his attention back to whatever it was on the screen. "I confess, I am so strange in this land, that nothing seems particularly odd to me, as everything is just a bit odd. I don't entirely follow the premise, but if nothing else, I like the characters, and the setting seems interesting. I have met some of the creatures it depicts before, they were not quite as the program suggests. Maybe they are different in this realm?" He took the chip from her, he knew she was trying to feed it to him, but that was a little more intimate than he was ready to go. Whatever it was, it was very salty, not quite as bad as the provisions he had sometimes carried, but almost that salty. Somewhat oily too despite how light it was. A strange snack indeed.

He noticed she was decidedly tired, every now and then her head would come to rest on his shoulder, though he couldn't imagine it was comfortable, and just as quickly it would pop back up.
"You seem a bit tired. Would you like for me to leave so that you might rest? Or I could move so that you could rest here?" Almost as a joke he added, "Or I could turn slightly and you could rest your head upon my chest? I don't know how comfortable it is, but the heartbeat beneath it might be comforting." His was a little irregular, but hopefully it wasn't too disconcerting.

Relationship: Interested
                  Ooc:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:59 am
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Ceres somewhat noticed how the idea of dating seemed to bother Drizyrr slightly. Did the topic make him uncomfortable? She guessed his world's version of "dating" wasn't really something that people looked forward to. Especially if their marriages weren't all that great either. She couldn't imagine Drows dating as fun and wonderful. How bad were they to him? Anyways, as she tried to fight her sleepiness, she heard her options that she was given. The Drow could either leave, move, or act like a body pillow. He was probably joking about the last option, but that's what the Dryad chose! However, saying it out loud was a bit embarrassing, so she just moved herself into position! With what little energy she had left, Ceres moved his arm and placed it over her shoulder as she scooted herself closer to him. She then proceeded to rest her head against his chest, almost instantly falling asleep! It was probably a bit selfish of her to not give Drizyrr the chance to leave if he wanted, but honestly, she was too sleepy to give it any considerate thought. All she could think about was napping at this point. With whatever consciousness she had left, one of her eyes lazily opened to look up at him for a second before closing once more. She even decided to speak for a little bit. " Sorry if this makes you....uncomfortable. I'll...just rest my eyes...for...a couple minutes... " With that said, the Dryad was out like a light. To her, he was warm and comfortable, so falling asleep was a piece of cake!

☆ mood: Sleepy / Comfortablexxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc: Okay, I'm back home now lol

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He had been sort of joking about her lying upon him, but she took him up on the offer, and moved him around just a little bit to be more comfortable to her. He wasn't opposed to the situation, he had only been kidding because he didn't think she would go for something that forward, but he had misjudged her nature yet again. Honestly, she may not have given him any choice in the matter, but it didn't bother him, she was negating his choice in order to be affectionate, a situation he was rarely ever in. "It's fine, truly. Go ahead and rest, you need not wake up until you are refreshed. Well, you need not wake up on my account." Looking at her, he knew it wasn't going to be only a few minutes. At shortest, she would be taking a long nap there, but likely it would be a whole night's sleep. He may have accidentally forgotten to mention that he had been trying to switch to a diurnal schedule, and so he had been up thirty some hours now. He was dead tired as well, though he had done well at hiding it, but as soon as her heat permeated his body, and the rhythm of her breathing filled his ears, it was all he could do to turn the tv off (it took many attempts) and shift just a little so that he was resting against the back of the couch. Soon he was asleep as well, his arm falling only a little bit to be draped across her side. Even in his sleep, he wouldn't do anything scandalous.

Relationship: Interested
          Mood: At Ease / Sleepy
                  Ooc: Aren't they so cute?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:56 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Ceres slept peacefully for what seemed like hours until she finally woke up - partially, at least. It wasn't the next day, but it was super late at night, so the room was dark minus the pink salt rock lamp she had that was placed on the coffee table. The light it gave off wasn't bright at all. It was just a dim light that had a pinkish-orange hue to it. To her, it was just enough light to see her surrounds that were close by. For a minute there, she forgot that she was using Drizyrr as a pillow before she finally realized and jumped up slightly. Without waking him up, she slowly slipped out from under his arm and tip toed away to grab blankets and pillows for him. She wasn't sure if he was 100% staying the night, but she didn't want to wake him up to ask. He seemed like he was getting some good sleep and she didn't want to disturb that. When Ceres came back, she placed the blankets and pillow on the ground for a moment while she fixed the couch. The couch was actually a fold out bed as well. All she had to do was prop Drizyrr up so she could lay the back portion of the couch down so it could be a bed. She had bought the piece of furniture in the hopes of having company that would stay the night since she didn't really have a guest bedroom.

After that was done, the Dryad placed a pillow down first and then carefully positioned the Drow so that he could rest his head on something more comfortable. He mentioned earlier that it was easy to wake up in pain from sleeping in an uncomfortable position, and she assumed that sleeping while sitting upright wasn't the best sleeping position, especially since he had bad joints. Once she felt like she had him in a comfortable position, she grabbed the blanket and tucked him in. Ceres was definitely the motherly and nurturing type. She gave him a sleepy smile as she brushed the hair out from his face. He slept like a baby! With a silent chuckle, she soon tip toed her way back into her own bedroom to sleep. She thought that he might've found it weird if she slept with him in the same bed, so she figured she'd give him his space to rest. After closing the door in her room, the Dryad took off the clothes that she had before climbing into her own bed.

☆ mood: Sleepy / Comfortablexxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc: Really cute lmao Didn't you say he gets nightmares tho?? eek

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

Normally he was a fairly light sleeper, even after miles of marching, you never knew when someone might stick a dagger to your throat, and you had to be alert at all times. Yet she didn't wake him up. It was a testament to how well he trusted her. Even though some back part of his mind knew he was being shuffled about, it didn't feel the need to alert anything else. She would have been great to hire to assassinate him. He settled back down, though he had to admit it was a little bright in here for him. Pulling the covers up over his face seemed to solve that problem and he was fast asleep once more.

Several hours later though, things were not going so well. Visions of his past were emerging from the parts of his brain that he had buried them in, and as they emerged, they began to meld into one.
He, his men, and a couple of the female clerics from his first wife's house were gathering just outside of a surface-dweller village. There had been reports that the human army they had been fighting were hiding out here. Not so many of the soldiers were, the report said, but the higher ranking officers were, and if they could eliminate them, then the war would be won. The village was dark, with no street lamps to light it, it was perfect conditions for the drow attackers. Drizyrr felt there was something off, there were knots in his stomach telling him that something bad was about to happen, but even though he was the commander, he feared the clerics with him. If he failed, they would report back to his wife, and she would have him punished.
They surrounded the village, then silently advanced, using the intricate sign language of the drow to communicate orders. As they would approach a building, most of the unit would go in while two scouts remained outside. Drizyrr lead a small unit consisting of himself, the highest-ranked cleric among them, and five of his best soldiers. Two of them remained outside while the other three soldiers and the cleric and himself stepped cautiously inside. Downstairs was quiet, but upstairs the bedrooms were full. Only one contained a human officer, and so he was given to Drizyrr to deal with. It wasn't noble, but he stabbed the man through his heart before he had even known there was danger. Outside the room, however, he heard his men advancing into the other rooms. He ran back into the hall only to see his men executing the family that lived there, children and all. The cleric reported back, "there are no witnesses," she signed. He nodded, but his heart sank. Each house was the same: even if there were no enemy soldiers, everyone was killed to ensure no witnesses. In the houses where there were no soldiers, he was enlisted to help kill the civilians. He tried to stick to adults, but the cleric, sensing his hesitation, occasionally offered him infants and children who had woken up and were now begging for their life. He hated himself and he wished he were dead, but he continued his mission. By the end, a handful of human officers had been killed, but so had an entire village. He felt sick and could not help but think there was no such thing as merciful deities: only evil ones remained.
Now however, at the end of the village there was a great cavern mansion, like the drow nobility built, and his second wife's words rang in his ears: "you gave me a worthless male child before anything else. If difficulties arise of any form, I will not hesitate to offer him up to Llolth in exchange for aid in your mission. I guess males do have some use after all." Offering him up to Llolth, the drow's patron goddess, meant using a spider-like dagger to carve out his heart. By now he had learned not to attach himself to anyone, but he couldn't bear the thought of his own offspring being so carved. This household, they were nobles of only slightly higher status than his wife's, and they had been snubbing her and making idle threats for a long time. It was time to take them out. That said, he knew the drow mantra: no witnesses, no one left to carry out revenge. He didn't know this family so well, maybe they were all adults, or at least over the age of sixteen. They used canon fodder, so to speak, to lead the assault and find any traps about the place. Goblins and other expendables fell right and left, but they cleared the way so that the drow troops could fight the other house's soldiers. As the battle was heating up, he stole away. That had been the plan: to have vice officers lead the men while he, an expert swordsman, crept through the house to take out the matriarch and her closest followers. There were traps along this path as well, and the occasional guard who tried to stop him, but they were all dispatched with ease. As soon as he entered the chamber wherein the matriarch resided, he activated a shield of magic nullification and would have set upon them immediately, but he was stopped by a sight of horror. The matriarch's daughter had given birth only a week ago to her second son. Usually they were kept, but in seeing how poorly the fight was going for them, she had enlisted her mother to sacrifice the child. Now it lay upon the altar, blood dripping to the floor, its little heart on the altar beside him. He screamed in rage and flung himself upon the group of women, his sword cutting through them without remorse, tearing them apart as they had done to an innocent baby. Before anyone could come check on him and see he had finished his work, he took the baby, and gently put his heart back in place, wrapped him in a sheet as he said a quick prayer, then quietly burned the body. It wasn't perfect, but it was the best he could offer.
Now it was his second wife's mansion he was in, and he could see their bodies strewn across the floor, cut down by a lower-ranked household who had gotten tired of them. He looked upon his ex-wife's and ex-mother-in-law's corpse and could feel nothing. But he knew without looking that three of the corpses beside her were of his daughters. Even if they were becoming wicked like the women before them, he could not bring himself to hate them.
Back in the real world, he had been quietly saying "no" interspersed with a few groans. There was a slight dampness to his eyes. Downstairs, he saw what he had been dreading: his son, whom he always looked upon as a child after his own heart, lay dead just outside of the door to his grandmother's room. He had been their last line of defense, but he had not been enough. And now he wept openly, and his sleep was fitful at best. He called out his son's name, Alakadorl, the first few times quietly, and then with some volume. As he held his son's body, the creature his fifth ex-wife had sent to kill him appeared. "Kill me if you will, oh foul creature. I have naught to live for." These words were spoken aloud both in and out of his dream. "Foolish man," the creature spoke with his fifth ex-wife's voice, "do you think you can hide from me so easily? I will find whatever corner of a dimension you have hidden yourself in, and I will destroy it. The land will become barren, and I shall use pieces of your new love's wooden flesh to burn down the city." He screamed like a man who knew fear and loss, but had been reintroduced to its deadly depths.

Relationship: Horror
          Mood: Horror
                  Ooc: I hadn't planned on it, but being you mentioned it, I will. It can be early morning if need be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:47 am
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Ceres's peaceful sleep seemed as though it would have to wait. The screams she heard from the living room alerted her and practically shook her awake! The first thing that came to mind was a home invasion. She had seen many movies where the scenes of home intruders with murderous intent killed anyone in the house, this is why she always kept a bat in her room! Although, she never had anyone break into her house before. Grabbing her weapon, she charged out to the living room, prepared to swing if need be. " H-Home intruders, don't make me hurt you...! " Ceres shouted with a stutter. She wasn't necessarily the bravest person in the world, but the scenes in those movies did really make her paranoid at times. Fortunately, there were no murderous thieves in her home, but the trouble wasn't gone just yet. Her eyes shot down to Drizyrr who looked to be in pain and seemed scared. " A nightmare...? " The woman dropped the bat and hurried over to his side and tried to wake him up. " Drizyrr...! Drizyrr, wake up! It's just a bad dream! " It didn't seem like shouting his name would work, so she gently grabbed him by his shoulders and gave him a good shake, as well as a couple smacks on the cheeks. She wasn't being too rough with him, but he needed to wake up! Not only were his sleeping movements frightening, but also his muttered words to whatever he was talking to in his nightmare. Not only that, but...he was crying? This was the first time she had seen him cry, although all day he seemed pretty stoic.

Whenever the Drow finally awoke, she quickly held him in her embrace, gently stroking his hair as she released a few calming hushes. " Y-You're okay, Drizyrr. Whatever scared you can't hurt you anymore... I'm here. " Ceres tried her best to calm the man down as quickly as possible. She didn't know what had scared him so much, but for something to scare him so easily must've truly been frightening. After awhile, the Dryad slowly loosened her embraced and looked him into his eyes with reassurance. " I'm here, okay? So, everything's gonna be alright. " She said with a soft, calm voice while she wiped his tears away. Ceres then pressed her forehead against his and began speaking the language of the trees - the language of the Dryads. It was not a magic enchantment, but rather a small prayer. Whenever she had nightmares when she was younger, the whole group of Dryads would recite it in hopes that it would calm the restless heart, spirit, and mind of the troubled person.

☆ mood: Very Concernedxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc: Uh oh lol okay :

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

☼ Etoile Housing District

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas