Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5] Discovering the Holy Kingdom Recruitment Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What version of DnD would YOU like to use for this game?
  3.5e/Pathfinder
  5e
View Results

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 am
Here is Irene's finished picture.

User Image

My wife is also drawing a second less ghoulish face for when she's trying to blend into normal society. This picture is more what she would look like when fighting or adventuring. We drew this face first as it is more true to the character, though the second picture will be what she normally looks like.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:14 am
So many curls

Winter Wondork

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:15 am
She looks lovely. Given her upbringing, her hairstyle isn't surprising.

I know it's early, but I sent SCN a PM on the fifth, and haven't received anything from him yet. No "I decided against joining", no "i'll be busy for a little while", nothing. There's no telling when he'll be able to post again, or be willing to, so I went ahead and made an opening post, quoting you guys on it. Feel free to have your characters explore the boat or introduce yourselves with each other as you please. I also quoted you in the roll thread for reasons I explained there.  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 24 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 4, 1, 4, 6, 2, 3, 4, 6, 6, 1, 1, 5, 6, 2, 2, 3 Total: 72 (24-144)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:09 am
Kowsauni
I know everyone's eager to start but lets give SCN another day or so to submit his profile before starting. After all, he was going to be our Cleric and I had planned to tie my backstory to his.

If he needs more time then that I guess we cant start without him and drop him into the story when he is ready. If I know anything about SCN he has probably already come up with five different characters and is trying to narrow it down to which one he will use.

You know me too well... sweatdrop .. This time it was; a Water Orc Scared Witch Doctor(if the non-errata version was aloud, this was my favorite build, but didn't have a backstory reason for an Orc on/going to an island of Elves... besides, Orc wanta smashy puny elves...), A Human Artificer, A Necropolition Changeling Archivist(hiding as an elf), a Dwarf cleric(admittedly, this one was only due to Race of Stone, gave dwarf clerics a D10 to hitpoints). And 2 star elfs(a cleric and a duskblade).

All, but the duskblade, could cast the inflict spells, as a requested need for your character. AND the cure spells for the mire mortals... razz

Rolling to test my luck  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 24 20-sided dice: 5, 1, 4, 13, 10, 10, 14, 3, 8, 6, 2, 11, 13, 15, 19, 16, 17, 4, 11, 1, 9, 16, 9, 10 Total: 227 (24-480)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:12 am
stressed  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 24 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 1, 6, 5, 4, 3, 6, 5, 6, 4, 1, 4, 6, 6, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 4 Total: 93 (24-144)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:13 am
xp  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 24 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 3, 1, 5, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3, 6, 5, 3, 4, 1, 3, 6, 3, 4, 2, 1, 5, 3, 5 Total: 83 (24-144)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:19 am
That.. an average build  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 24 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 3, 5, 6, 5, 2, 4, 2, 5, 2, 2, 6, 5, 1, 3, 5, 3, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3, 5 Total: 94 (24-144)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:21 am
6 18's is it that hard smile  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 24 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 1, 1, 3, 6, 6, 6, 4, 5, 5, 6, 4, 2, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3 Total: 104 (24-144)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:26 am
3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:03 am
Ah, I was hoping you'd show up shortly after we started! Welcome back, SCN!

There's still time to create a character if you like. At this point in the story, we can say that you got on the ship when the others did.

And yes, if you're using dice, six eighteens are VERY hard. blaugh One eighteen is hard enough to get, let alone six. xd  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:50 pm
TerashiLeonGoken

I was curious which skill system we are using. Pathfinder or 3.5? People seem to be rolling checks from both.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm
Mostly 3.5 for everything, which means that everybody uses the 3.5 experience table even if they're using pathfinder characters. As far as skills, Having a rank in Perception means you have a rank in Listen, Search, and Spot each, but only if you're using a pathfinder race. Same for Athletics being Climb and Tumble. Acrobatics and Jump are the same thing, as are Stealth and Move Silently. I'll have a full list of 3.5 and Pathfinder skills soon, showing what's merged into what, what's renamed into what, etc., in this thread soon.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:02 am
I have to know, would Fast Healing(in the form of a Vigor spell, Complete Divine) harm Irene?
Just looking up alternativs to inflict/cure spell...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:47 am
I think it would, but maybe we can find a way for you to swap positive energy to negative energy at some point. You're able to cast cure and inflict spells as a cleric, right? If there isn't already a feat or a class feature or something that lets you swap the two on a spell, then you can use this homebrew feat at third level.

Invert Spell
Metamagic Feat
Prerequisites: Access to cure and inflict spells, deity with neutral alignment*
Benefit: Thanks to your experience with the magic your deity gives you, you can substitute positive energy for negative energy and vice versa with any spell that uses one or the other. This is particularly useful for healing spells that don't have a negative energy counterpart, such as the restoration spells. You cannot, however, use this feat to kill someone with an inverted Resurrection spell, for example. An inverted spell takes up one spell slot higher than the spell this feat is used on.
Note: Because an inverted spell increases a spell's level by one, you must have access to at least 2nd level divine spells.

*You don't have to choose a true neutral deity for this feat. A Lawful/Chaotic Neutral or a Neutral Good/Evil deity will fulfill the requirement.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:51 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

(Kow: I will leave it up to you, if you still want Irene and Tharee to know each other.)

Well, it would definitely make it easier if your character knew she was undead and they had an established relationship right off the bat. But then you would also get to miss out on the roleplay of eventually learning her true nature with the rest of her party.

If Tharaee knows Irene is undead she would be the only one. Their relationship would have to be relatively recently established and I'm going to have it Irene didn't know Tharee was on this voyage until you came out and tripped on the deck xd

How would you like their relationship to have been established? I imagine Tharaee would have had to discover her in a compromising situation to know her true identity. Irene has not done anything so wholly evil as to kill someone to eat them, but she is not above raiding a graveyard for a snack or hunting critters for food. Obviously, Irene's skin is room temperature and she lacks a heartbeat and dosen't breath. If Tharaee had some kind of prolonged contact with her body she could figure it out from that.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff