Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________Western Iron Country ► Antrothian Hollows Region
[隠] Kusagakure || → Village Hidden in the Grass Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:24 am
User Image
What the hell's going on, can ||someone|| tell me, please?!
Why I'm switching faster than the channels on tv?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

R I G H T E O U S J U S T M E R C I F U L xxxxx Y d a r a h a n ► M a l a k z d a r xxxxx B R O K E N L O S T U N A W A R E

tab [ A ]chardiel rumbled his acceptance of her orders, and bowed his head with eyes closed to show his respect for her decision. "You are right, young one," he agreed, his tone one of respect but also a tad cautious. "You humans are of a strange sort. I know not whether you are dangerous often until the blade bites my hide. I will trust your judgment, for it is as you said, they appear not in harms way." Still, his eyes focused upon the human in the distance and a light churring came from inside of his chest, similar to a rumble but as a rapid pulsing. Finally he turned as Ydar patted his neck and he gazed into the young boy's eyes for a moment before nodding and continuing on, knowing that there was worse to be faced in this region if his sires' had the right of it.
                                            tab The trio traveled for a time in silence, Ydar simply turning to keep an eye on what lay to their sides and back while Achardiel watched the front. The pair never appeared to be quite at ease, though Ydar played the part well when he knew that Liliya was watching. The instant her eyes slid from his the facade faded must as water slid from stone, a swift and graceful transition that spoke of years, if not decades, or practice in giving the impression and actions he wanted others to perceive. It wasn't something one would expect of a guard or knight, let alone a 'justicar' as he had called himself, but then, he had yet to explain that assassination was high on the list of things he was required to do if Justice need be swift. That, and obscuring who he was came second nature to him. Easy to hide who you are when you know not which is the real you.
                                            tab The fire had finally thinned to a line around noon, and with the sun half again as far as it had been before it was getting late into evening. The fire had not been something they'd approached quickly, and until that moment Ydar had not said anything about it. Silent on the subject outwardly he'd turned to internal reflection to discuss with himself the possibilities. The smoke never seemed to grow, only shrink, as they moved on without the smoke ever turning white. This seemed near impossible unless the origin of the smoke was mobile and faster than their current pace. While it was entirely possible that some wagon or cart had caught fire, it was near impossible for such a thing to happen and for it to last near the entirety of the day. The only plausible option was that whatever the fire's origin had been was being put out, but then again that would have produced white billows from the steam that would quickly engulf the black of destruction. With those facts in mind it left him with zero options for why the smoke had eventually vanished, and that bothered him.
                                            tab Suddenly Achardiel hissed to get their attention, his head rearing up and cocking slightly to the left as his eyes narrowed. "My lady, Ydar, there appears to be a town up ahead," he said before he stopped and cocked his head inquisitively to the side. "No, not a town. I believe you use the word...city?" It wasn't the word itself that caused him confusion, but the fact he hadn't noticed till then. With the sun at half-past its seventh hour from its apex the sun was low on the horizon, and in its light beyond could be seen buildings, and a wall of stone, though whether it wrapped around the building or not was impossible to say from this angle and distance.
                                            tab Ydar tapped his companion's shoulder to slow them as he rose from his saddle to balance precariously upon its surface to give himself a better vantage point. Staring towards the barricades he kept his face expressionless, devoid of emotion and appearing at simple rest as he observed it. Archardiel's eyes were good. He was a predator, one built to find things amidst the smoke, ash and poisonous gasses of his home for pray just as built to hide from him. To not have seen this till now would make the average person believe he simply has stopped paying attention, but Ydar did not believe such idiocy. More so than himself Achardiel lived by his duties and stood by his own code. To be lax in his duties to protect the priestess would be as fundamentally against his foundation as it would be for a rock to defy gravity. Eyeing it for another moment in silence, Ydar decided to keep his concerns to himself for the moment. He knew of no such genjutsu, or spell as it was called not, that could create such an enormous illusion as a city.
                                            tab Finally climbing back down he turned to Liliya while keeping his eyes at the building. "It is definitively of human construction, at least compared to what I know and remember. Arguably it could be from the inhabitants of this land, which could be as alien as others I've seen. Given the direction, however, I'd surmise this might well be where the great deal of smoke we'd seen before came from."
                                            tab

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
My enemy's invisible,
I don't know how to fight!

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
                                            Establish a basecamp.

Items of Note:

magcookie

Quote:

[ e x p ] 7, 300 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 000 x|x [ m a n a ] ??? / ??? x|x [ s t a m i n a ] ??? / ???

[ m o o d ] ??? x|x [ h e a l t h ] ??? x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] ??? x|x [ c o n t r o l ] ???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:41 am
User Image
Akira C. Albion | A Crimson Hunter

Akira had finished what he had done, standing straight. He thought of the smoke, and what it meant. It had been his original goal, for the most part, to get his bearings.
As he contemplated his next moves, his senses seemingly went haywire, something was tipping him off. Something was alive, and telling him it was alive, causing him to instinctively crouch lower, as if he was being hunted. A sickly sweet smell assaulted him, and there was no clear direction of where.
Odd.
He would ignore it, since it came without a signal. He would head towards the smoke, as he did before. Bounding off into the direction of the smoke, Akira fought to place the strange experience in the back of his mind.

[Emotions: Immensely Confused | Mana: Great | Stamina: Great | Skills: Cooking, Tier 2. Survival, Tier 2. Hunting, Tier 3. | Mystic Class | E-Rank | Objective: Information]

Lanfaer

Druid Feldunost

Blessed Bunny

9,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:33 pm
User Image
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
tab Traveling would take some time, a long time indeed, to the point that Akira might well have missed the loss of smoke entirely. It was gone, leaving the horizon destitute of his waypoint, but the sensation of life only grew. It was a strange call, an alien call both uncomfortable and familiar at once, but it whispered that something he needed, something he wanted, lay nearby.
tab It was far, far in the distance, painted in stark contrast to the ball of light that settled in that direction, that Akira would note something of unusual interest: towers. A wall. Or, at least, that's what it looked like. Nearly half a day's travel away still, it meant whatever lay beyond was large indeed, or built atop something that allowed it to be a beacon all its own.

Fenrir the III

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:58 am
User Image

Akira moved with quickness, only to lose sign of the pillar of smoke he was searching for. That feeling he had gotten before seemed to be intensified, coming from some kind of structure. Structure? Akira couldn't tell if this was a wall, or a building. But either way, it was calling him.
Odd.
Well, assuming the smoke may be caused by the structure, it would behoove him to investigate. It might be something to tell him about the surrounding area. Either way, he would trudge on. Taking a minute to settle on which direction to head in, Akira then moved. "Something here has to make sense..." he muttered.

[Emotions: Immensely Confused | Mana: Great | Stamina: Great | Skills: Cooking, Tier 2. Survival, Tier 2. Hunting, Tier 3. | Mystic Class | E-Rank | Objective: Information]

Lanfaer

Druid Feldunost

Blessed Bunny

9,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm
User Image
tab The structure, as he approached, became somewhat oddly familiar to one from the land of shinobi: the walls of a Shinobi village, given the symbols on the side. Three rises, three falls, with three arcs to form the three blades of grass of the village known as Kusagakure no Sato. The giant gates that served as the entrance were quite apparent, even from the distance, as were the three pairs of guards that stood before the gates in ancient shinobi gear. They stood before the gates and observed silently as Akira approached, and, if he were to get close enough to speak, one would raise his hand and cal out in a masculine voice. "Well met, and welcome to Kusagakure no Sato! What business brings you here?"

Fenrir the III

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:27 am
User Image

Akira was confused by this.This was a Shinobi Village, he could think about by looking at the walls. So this was where the smoke came from? Odd. This may be a mystery he may need to keep tabs on. Being close enough to speak to the village guard, he would be greeted. "Yes, nice to meet you. May I enter in the village?" asked Akira. He felt he might as well investigate the village since he was here....

[Emotions: Confused, Curious | Mana: Great | Stamina: Great | Skills: Cooking, Tier 2. Survival, Tier 2. Hunting, Tier 3. | Mystic Class | E-Rank | Objective: Information]

Lanfaer

Druid Feldunost

Blessed Bunny

9,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:10 pm
User Image
tab The guard looked over his shoulder at his companion, confused at the question since it appeared to be in response to the question he'd already asked. It was clear they didn't understand just how to take the lack of response to their inquiry, but when he turned back he slowed down his speech somewhat as if uncertain just how to proceed with him. "You will need to tell us your business here first, young man," he began, his tone as if talking to a mildly mentally deficient child. "Before we let anyone in we must know what their business is. Do you have family here, and are visiting? If so, provide us names so we can allow you entry..."
tab

Fenrir the III

________Western Iron Country ► Antrothian Hollows Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas