Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________Western Iron Country ► Antrothian Hollows Region
[隠] Kusagakure || → Village Hidden in the Grass Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:24 pm
User Image
What the hell's going on, can ||someone|| tell me, please?!
Why I'm switching faster than the channels on tv?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

R I G H T E O U S J U S T M E R C I F U L xxxxx Y d a r a h a n ► M a l a k z d a r xxxxx B R O K E N L O S T U N A W A R E

tab [ D ]own came the figure from above with terrifying speed, hurtling towards them faster than Ydar really thought was possible, let alone survivable. He watcher her fall with a sort of clinical detachment, even as Achardiel began to move to intercept. With a twitch of his heels, he indicated the desire to cease momentum and instead stand and watch, following it up with a quiet, calm "she won't survive, and neither will we if we help" which really just sort of made him out to be a d**k. But that wasn't the case, not by a long shot. Velocity, angle, and even her likely weight turned her into a living missile that, if intercepted, would exchange the damage from her to both himself and the wyvern likely obliterating them both. Why should he risk his life and the life of his ally for the sake of one person bent on self-destruction? The life that would follow would be unkind to her, and as such as the girl fell, white hair streaming out behind her, Ydar simply observed in silence.
                                            tab Then she stopped midair, froze, and plopped into the water at the feet of the titan before them.
                                            tab Archardiel and Ydar blinked.
                                            tab Honeyed eyes turned up to meet his as the feline girl stared at him, though from the way they remained glazed and unfocused it was clear she could have been speaking to a stone as far as she was aware. At Achardiel's snort at the ridiculousness of their current situation the former paladin sighed quietly and put his reins down, tying them to the horn before swinging off of his mount and landing with a muffled thump a moment later. Turning back to the titan once more the boy could have sworn he heard something whispering to him, an echo of a long lost time. Brow furrowing as he placed his hand upon the pommel of his hammer Ydar considered the moment before turning back to the fallen girl. Robes swirled about him in a weak gust as he made his way towards her, crouching just out of reach of the puddle to bring himself closer to her level. Arms crossed within his lap, robes pulled up to avoid the mud, he cocked his head to the side and watched her carefully whilst recalling the tone, and the accent, she'd used earlier.
                                            tab Analyzing...
                                            tab tab tab Analyzing...
                                            tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Error.
                                            tab Blinking, he went over the results rapidly in his mind. No distinct accent to pinpoint one of the great Shinobi lands, and no hint of colloquial jargon in the scant words she'd used thus far. No inflection or tone besides that of innocent neutrality.
                                            tab Error, indeed. Without anything to go off of there wasn't a way to rapidly build report, especially from opening statements which is where the majority of future interactions found their base in. It was situations like these that made such lines of work as his difficult. The longer he waited, however, the worse it was going to get. As such with scant few moments having past in silence he held his hand out towards her, inviting, but not close enough so as to insinuate a demand. "Hello, there," he opened, expression warming with a quiet, disarming smile.

My enemy's invisible,
I don't know how to fight!

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
                                            Establish a basecamp.

Items of Note:

magcookie

Quote:

[ e x p ] 7, 300 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 000 x|x [ m a n a ] ??? / ??? x|x [ s t a m i n a ] ??? / ???

[ m o o d ] ??? x|x [ h e a l t h ] ??? x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] ??? x|x [ c o n t r o l ] ???

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:50 pm
User Image

Liliya Yuliovna Volkov ll Mystic ll Doton :: Suiton ll Servant of Innocence :: D-Rank Channeler ll Chimera of Crystal

Liliya still felt like she was falling, despite her being grounded and currently covering the ground in bile. It was an odd sensation like her body was still under the affects of momentum. Her clothing felt like it was weighted as she lifted her hand to wipe away at her mouth. She winced for a second as she brushed against newly sensitive crystal specks in her skin. She stared blankly at her magically rainbow hued vomit as her mind played back what had just happened. She should have been a splat on the ground right now. She had fallen all the way off of the back of a walking mountain. Yet she was saved. Innocence had saved her with whatever it was her power actually was and crazier yet she had managed to pull off the same stunt only to a minor degree. Without that kind spirits help there was no doubt her journey would have ended a few minutes into having started. A voice pulled her out of her grim thoughts. 'Ah thats right.' She mused, feline eyes lifting to meet with a mans. As if she was just no aware of her surroundings the girl tensed. Like a cat being backed into a corner... a soaked cat being backed into a corner. Her feline ears spiking upwards as pupils squeezed themselves into thin lines. It had been a while since her feline side had taken reigns. Having been in the presence of only spirits for the past few weeks she had no reason to be on guard. Yet she was once more returned to the land of man. The land of betrayal.

A low defensive hiss escaped her lips before one of her hands went to clasp her mouth closed. Her face filled flush with embarrassment as her human side took control of the situation. Had the man wanted to cause harm he could have easily just gotten rid of her while she was busy getting reacquainted with the ground, or he could have sent that very large and very scary lizard. Instead her lowed himself to her level and offered a hand. She fought back the tears brimming at her eyes and accepted the extended, allowing the man to pull her up onto her feet. "I'm-m-m-m-m-m... so-so-so sorry." She stuttered, her increasingly red cheeks just making the azure specks on her skin more noticeable. The moment she they were standing her hand recoiled back like a snake zipping to the grass. She grasped her hands together, arms shaking slightly. "I di-di... Didn't mean to... hi... hiss.... at you..." If ever there was a moment she wanted to bury herself into the ground this moment would probably be up there on her list. While it wasn't rare for her to involuntarily hiss at someone it was usually after she knew them. Her eyes remained anywhere where the man was no. She squirmed in place feeling pressure of embarrassment and duty on her shoulders. Her ears were no longer standing straight and instead they were as flat against her skull as they could be, looking more like an overgrown cowlick than a set of cat ears. "I a-a-am.... Li- Lil- LILIYA. Thank you f-for helping me u-u-u-up." She forced out of her mouth, her name coming out much louder than intended.

[ooc: Man I'm sure glad one of us remembered Liliya is Russian and would indeed have an accent.]

Chakra Pool:: [365 //365]
Stamina Pool:: [100 //100]

Quote "Second is the door of forgetting. Some wounds are too deep to heal, or too deep to heal quickly. In addition, many memories are simply painful, and there is no healing to be done. The saying 'time heals all wounds' is false. Time heals most wounds. The rest are hidden behind this door.” :: Patrick Rothfuss

Liliya's Theme half•alive - still feel

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:23 pm
User Image
To Liliya's eyes, a figure stepped from behind the drake that accompanied Ydar, vibrant red eyes observing her with mild fascination at the feat she'd just accomplished. However, if Ydar knew the blue-haired boy was there, he gave no indication of it, even when he whistled to show how impressed he was, and then spoke seemingly to himself. "That was a pretty amazing ability." To Ydar's ears, as always, it was as if someone were speaking very far away, to the point it might have been the breath of his companion, or even just the wind.

[Sorry it's so short, but I need reactions before I can do anything else. But you get an NPC companion with you guys! xD]

magcookie
Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:44 am
User Image

R I G H T E O U S J U S T M E R C I F U L xxxxx Y d a r a h a n ► M a l a k z d a r xxxxx B R O K E N L O S T U N A W A R E

tab [ F ]ear and trepedation raced through her eyes as she met his, and for a moment Ydar was remembered of a sickly girl with similar emotions coursing through her as she was Judged. The memory was an unwelcome one, for there was no judgment here. Pushing aside the fact that the memory came without a framework of time or place he kept his attention on the girl as he hauled her to her feet with a gentle, but firm, grace. He was a rock, a firm foundation for her touch, but one meant to be welcoming instead of aggressive. From the way she snapped her hand back to her side, it was clear something about his presence was having an effect on her, though a short review reminded Ydar that no spells or abilities were activated upon himself at that time. No Contract signed, nor Glyph written to bind her to his word. What caused her to be so frightened?
                                            tab Cheeks reddening before his very eyes brought attention to some things he hadn't noticed before. Crystal dotted her skin in a variety of places, almost like they had flowed from a wound and coagulated there. It was too smooth, too perfect, to have been an attack, and the chrysalis of the Taking left nothing on the body, breaking into shards upon their waking. Odd though that one his eyes returned back to her's as he registered what she'd meant by a hiss. Reaching up he touched the somewhat matted white hair and rubbed in confusion. Not a native response to the young man the movement was something he'd picked up from a friend long ago-
                                            tab Who?!
                                            tab The scream echoed within the chambers of his mindspace, rattling the doors and windows with equal fervor. While no external signs displayed his distress Ydar was momentarily faced with that reality once more. His mind was a mess, his memory scattered at best, and his temperament fluid beyond his control. When and why had this happened?!
                                            tab Blink.
                                            tab He was back, watching the feline before him as her ears pressed against her hair in the feline approximation of dismay or general upset. Hissing though she had it didn't persuade him to leave as it had the hallmarks of an instinctual response, a learned one that would not easily be reversed. Why would he hate her or treat her worse for it?
                                            tab A name. Liliya.
                                            tab The name pressed itself into the books of his mind's eye, locking itself away for the future. An interesting name, one he had not encountered previously. Strange. As strange as the accent that came from her mouth now. Strange, because he knew it, and that wasn't exactly something he'd expected. A language found in the frozen depths of Russia, home of the hook and hammer and the rage of history living in the coldest temperatures men could ever know. People known for their brutal honesty and their hardiness he'd never met one who acted as she. Still, this gave him a place to start, and for that he was grateful.
                                            tab As she finished with a shouted name Ydar took in her rigid pose and pressed ears and knew the signs of incredible anxiety. Without further ado he turned away from her and knelt in one smooth motion, bringing himself into a position where he sat upon his legs and his hands laid upon his thighs, a samurai pose he found most disengaging to use in times like this. Back to her he took a deep, calming breath, and let it out in a similar fashion. In, and out, he repeated the exercise with just enough volume for what he'd assume she'd be able to hear with those ears of hers. Let this Liliya hear the sounds of calm so that she may know some semblance of it here and now. "Please, Liliya," he whispered, keeping his tone friendly and his inflection towards the calm. "Take your time. Whatever frightens you take your time to deal with it. If it suits you better we may converse in this fashion. The control, as it were, is yours. Do what is most comfortable for you." No judgment, no mistrust, a back to her a display of trust that she likely would not have expected. But in his experience being in complete control of a situation often helped those with anxiety and as such he offered her that control now. It would be her decision what she would like to do with it.
                                            tab

My enemy's invisible,

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
                                            Establish a basecamp.

Items of Note:

magcookie

Quote:

[ e x p ] 7, 300 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 000 x|x [ m a n a ] ??? / ??? x|x [ s t a m i n a ] ??? / ???

[ m o o d ] ??? x|x [ h e a l t h ] ??? x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] ??? x|x [ c o n t r o l ] ???

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:21 pm
User Image

Liliya Yuliovna Volkov ll Mystic ll Doton :: Suiton ll Servant of Innocence :: D-Rank Channeler ll Chimera of Crystal

Liliya stared nervously as the threateningly calm man stared her down, her eyes darting back from hist stoic face and to the spirit that wasn't too far away and of course the giant flying lizard. She was about to ask bout the blue haired one before the man dropped the dreaded "Take your time." Oh how she hated those words. As if waiting an extra minute was going to suddenly make the world an okay place to exist in. That it would make her suddenly able to hold a conversation with the living. The hairs on the back of her neck began to stand on end as negativity began to mix into her anxiety. She fought back the urge to scowl at him. She was already set back in terms of impressions after having just hissed at the man anything more was just asking for a fight. She leaned back onto her training in the monastery. She cupped her shaking hands together and preformed a bow before the man and his companions. "I-I-It is no-nothing. It w-w-won't go... aw-away." She explained hoping that would be enough. It was part of the reason she kept to herself and the spirits she cleansed. Humans were never understanding, nor would they let something drop if they had their interests peaked. As she lifted herself back up right she turned her head to speak properly to the white hair'd mans companion. "D-Do not worry b-boy. Spirits do n-not bother me... j-join us." She asked, more like pleaded, to the blue haired spirit boy. Having a spirit near her might help with the edge, at the very least it proved she could be useful if she could interact with the mans companion. She extended a hand out towards the spirit with a nervous smile. "M-m-may I ask... wh-why you have appro-proached Usu'vurik." She asked tentatively, feeling a lingering urge to keep these people away from her friend to prevent any harm to it.

Quote "Second is the door of forgetting. Some wounds are too deep to heal, or too deep to heal quickly. In addition, many memories are simply painful, and there is no healing to be done. The saying 'time heals all wounds' is false. Time heals most wounds. The rest are hidden behind this door.” :: Patrick Rothfuss

Lanfaer

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:59 am
User Image

tab [ T ]aking the girl at her word Ydar turned and rose in as smooth a motion as he had done previously, standing this time to his full height and watching her with a rather neutral expression. Not that he had any particular views on her yet, it was just that his natural expression was one of resting neutrality. Trusting that she knew her anxiety better than he, which upon review should have been obvious to him from the beginning, he decided to treat her as he would anyone else and show her respect but little else.
                                            tab Why was he floundering?!
                                            tab The question crossed his consciousness not for the first time, as he'd, unfortunately, come to expect it at every turn. Trained to perfection in the art of mimicry and facade it was ludicrous that he was unable to build a persona and simply be somebody. As he placed his hands upon his hips and let his robe dangle further to obscure the way he clenched his waist Ydar not for the first time that his memory was not so fragmented. Even to himself he could not address the growing fear in his breast and so out of sheer despiration he turned instead to simply charging on, doing what he felt right at that moment instead of thinking about it too long. It was not fear that drove him, surely, at least not as far as he was concerned. It was simply the most practical approach to the scenario.
                                            tab Turning his eyes to follow hers' as she addressed some sort of spirit that apparently followed him he turned it back hastily as he found nothing there. Was she mad, or blessed? The question would never be spoken of course, that would have been rude, but it did bother him that he didn't know the answer. In this world demons, yokai, and other monsters walked the earth so it made only too much sense that spirits would have joined them. Deciding to give her the benefit of the doubt but simply not addressing her remarks Ydar instead turned to answer her question. "To be honest I did not truly want to," he began his tone even but honest since there was no point to a lie, nothing to gain or disguise. "Achardiel, however, insisted it would be a rather spiritual event to see the creature up close." Gesturing to the giant lizard behind him with his saddle and light rope attached, he continued. "I dare say I was impressed when you fell from above. I expected a spiritually meaningful event to take place, so I am uncertain just how you fit into that reality."

My enemy's invisible,

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
                                            Establish a basecamp.

Items of Note:

magcookie

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:10 pm
User Image
The grin slid from the blue-haired boy's face, his brow furrowing in confusion, as Liliya's gaze darted to him, and away again. And then she spoke directly to him and the look was replaced by one of utter surprise, a spark of hope alighting in his otherwise dull, red gaze. Not once had he been acknowledged in... gods, he didn't know how much time had passed staring blankly at the statuesque crystal of Ydar, trapped there until the curse ended and the white-haired male woke from his slumber. It was a sense of loneliness so profound it couldn't be put into words, and if he hadn't already been mad before being trapped outside of death's gates, the years would have drained his sanity away just the same. "Wait... forget him or the living fortress for a sec... You can see me...?" he asked, his voice faltering.

magcookie
Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:13 am
User Image

Liliya eyed the lizard known as Achardiel with an ounce of suspicion. Such a beast could cause havoc easily just by existing, for it to be tamed by Ydar proved her instincts right. A man of his frame was a threatening force in and of its self but with a monster at his beck and call? If it wasn't for her friends size she might have something to worry from the two. They could harm her sure but Usu'vurik came first. Her motherly instincts worming their way into the chaotic anxiety. While the three strangers weren't outwardly hostile neither were most bandits waiting for you to get close. The lizard itself seemed to know of Usu'vurik begin the only reason the three had approached the mountain dwarfing creature. "Eh-eheehh-heh... ye-yeah... It is indeed a s-spspiritual center. I a-am a priestess of t-he Elem-... a priestess o-of Innocence. I d-deal with hea-healing spirits." She admitted to the group. Her elegance for the all powerful Elements had been waving since the moment she met the titan behind her. She was still the gods fearing priestess she was raised to be, but she had both spiritually and emotionally devoted herself to Innocence. The band on her finger meant a lot to the cat girl. She was about to ask another question when the blue boy finally decided to take hold of the reigns for a moment. It must have been his first time meeting another spiritually gifted individual. Her head turned back to the small boy and cocked her head to the side, one of he ears raising slightly in confusion. "Y-yes I can see you. Q-quite easily... This s-shock... Can this m-man not see you...?" She asked tentatively, stealing a glance at the lizard and man. She had just assumed that the spirit was a servant of Ydar. Seeing as how bight the boy had been acting. Not a lot of people can hold onto their sanity being unable to talk to the person their journeying with. "A-are you a... a b-bound spirit..? A h-haunting..?" She asked further into the boys predicament. She wasn't a stranger to spirits with lingering regrets binding themselves to their family members. It was the most common spirit she aided. 'Oh little Chiara... Is this why you brought me here first? Something I have experience with as the first trial?' She wondered.

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:10 pm
User Image
The boy slowly shook his head, expression sad. Actually, 'sad' didn't sum up the unfathomable emotion that shown through his red eyes. His gaze turned to Ydar, who remained as oblivious as ever. "Something like that, I guess. Sometimes, I think he can hear me, but no louder than a passing breeze." A weak smile spread across his pale face. "It's probably for the best anyway. That he doesn't know I'm here and forgets I ever existed. My actions cost him his life in the old world." His grin grew then, the sorrow seeming to evaporate for the moment, and he lifted his arms slightly outward, gesturing around them in general. "But if you can see me, then that means others might be able to as well. An exciting change from staring at a crystal statue for a few centuries."

His gaze turned up to the living fortress, his expression more or less unchanging, but he said nothing else for the moment.

DM Post Count: 13
magcookie
Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:38 am
User Image

tab [ C ]rossing his arms and turning his head enough to make eye contact with Achardiel, Ydar considered how to best respond to a girl claiming to be the priestess of a Celestial. Not so say he didn't believe her, as a sliver of the Celestial of Justice lived within him already, but it was something he'd just come to accept no one would understand. His land was far across the ocean, taking months of travel to reach his homeland, and since coming here his religion had been a sticking point in communications with the locals. So to see this girl here spouting about his own, well...it threw him off in a truly unsettling way. It was already difficult picking up on his training to establish a useful facade without making his brain more scrambled than it was previously.
                                            tab Then she began talking to something to his left. Both he and Achardiel looked to the left, then at each other, and back to her in absolute confusion.
                                            tab Shrugging to himself, deciding to put this under the supposed ability to see spirits, Ydar continued on and responded to her. "A strange spirit apparently haunting us aside, I find it odd that you follow Innocence. I myself am a Scion of Justice, the "sword" if you will." Putting fist to heart, palm towards his chest, he continued on. "Either way it is an honor to meet you. If you were chosen by Innocence I can only imagine what it would take to convince Her of that. She isn't known for picking literally anyone."
                                            tab

My enemy's invisible,

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
                                            Establish a basecamp.

Items of Note:

magcookie

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:19 pm
User Image

Liliya was surprised that Innocence was so well know that the first person she mentioned the sweet girl to already knew who she was... well knows of tangentially. The feline hybrid's eyes widened in surprise. While Ydar might have managed to contain his shock at her blathering, she had no reason to be stoic. One of her ears flinched as curiosity began to bubble and mix with her anxiety for the whole situation. She looked back and forth between the spirit and the man, unsure who to respond to first. As it was clear neither the man nor the flying lizard could even sense the boys presence. The boy had said something incredibly sad, yet played it off like a laugh. She knew that downplay well. She would need to talk privately to this spirit before she aided in bridging a gap. Perhaps it was the correct situation to let her own wants guide her actions for the moment. She was terrible at this type of thing. It wasn't uncommon for spirits to haunt those with little or no spiritual sense. The hauntie generally always looked at her like she was speaking in tongues to begin with. Her mouth formed a frown as she looked at the somber boy.

"We w-will have to later... M-My apologies B-Blue Boy. Thi-this will require m-more one on one.." She meekly offered to the spirit, letting him know in her own way she would need time to bridge this canyon of a gap. She looked back to the proclaimed Sword of Justice and offered of apologizing smile for momentarily blowing him off. She took a moment to gather her scrambled thoughts. Taking a slow deep breath before continuing. To be confronted with the fact that Innocence was indeed as big of a deal in the celestial plane as she had assumed was a tad surprising. The girl she bonded to seemed so hidden away from the world, far from prying eyes. Her name itself had power. Her ears lowered nervously once more. "I s-sorry, I had m-met Her wh-while communing w-with Usu'vurik. I'm afraid I a-am unfamiliar with these kind of t-things..." She curled her fingers into a loose fist and discretely retreated her hand into her sleeve. She did not want the forward man to see the proof of their bonding, the permanent etching of her flesh around her finger. She knew not how someone of his faith would react, even one known as a "Sword" who was bound to have something similar she assumed. "Th-things just kinda... happened? T-To know she ch-chooses to rarely h-humbles me greatly... I wi-will be d-doubly sure to do H-Her proud." She mumbled, her face feeling warm with embarrassment. To be put in the spot light like this? Terrifying. She wanted nothing more than to Reject herself from this conversation, but that would be improper. She had a duty to save the wayward spirit and to do so she needed the man around.

[ooc: sorry for the wait]

Lanfaer

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:41 pm
User Image

tab [ T ]he term "blue boy" echoed within his skull in unpleasant ways, though Ydar couldn't exactly figure out why. The words reminded him of something, but the throb it brought on would lead to a migraine if he pursued it. Instead, he dashed it to the side, storing it for later consideration when there wasn't a wandering priestess before him. Especially one who was so new to her faith, which, perhaps, made some level of sense when the world had gone to hell in several different ways. "You need not worry, Priestess," he offered as he placed one hand into the other before him as granted her a formal bow. "In my Order, it is those granted the benefit of Innocence's presence that are most cherished. She is an excellent judge of character, and everyone she has rejected has proven to be a serpent in the bush, as it were. With her choice of you as a vessel for her Essence I know I can trust you, and indeed it would be my duty to protect you, should you need it." It wasn't a lie, as the Order of Innocence were known as healers. It was always best that the least endangered were the ones that kept you alive.
                                            tab Turning his eyes to Achardiel he raised one gloved hand and placed it gently upon the beast's snout, even as a gust of wind that carried the chill of the north to them rustled his robes. "Achardiel and I were heading towards what I believe was a city ruin just a bit further east of here," he explained as he lowered his hand back to his side and to the pommel of the hammer there. If she knew any better Liliya might recognize it as the stance of a fighter, someone used to needing their weapon at a moment's notice. Eyes turning to the east his gaze alighted upon a smudge on the horizon, something that was much easier to see with the great beast, Usu'vurik, shading the light from his eyes. "I believe I witnessed smoke there yesterday eve, and I thought it best to find a piece of civilization before I decide just what we're going to be doing on this side of the world. Would you care to come with us?"
                                            tab At the last Achardiel snorted derisively at him. "At the very least you might offer better conversation than this fellow," the land dragon mused with a small parting of the jaws, a sign of laughter in his kind.
                                            tab Eyes still on Liliya he raised his hand from the hammer's pommel and punched the dragon's nose, which didn't really seem to affect him much as he just snorted harder.

My enemy's invisible,

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
                                            Establish a basecamp.

Items of Note:

magcookie

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:05 pm
User Image

Liliya nervously played with her fingers as the boy went on and on about how great Innocence was. Of course she knew this to be a fact, such a kind soul she was, but it was almost embarrassing knowing how loved the spirit was. Normally there would be a sense of fear and anxiety knowing that simple fact but instead? There was a budding feeling of pride. It felt good that people would praise her uh.. friend? so easily. She hadn't felt such joy in her heart since she was in the monastery. 'Ahh Chiara its good to see the world also loves you.' She thought happily. The feline eyes slowly drifted their way towards the large lizard sitting ominously in the background. Like a parent waiting to be introduced at a dinner party. While she was hesitant as the conversation started to turn towards heading off to a populated village, because obviously that was a big step for her to take so quickly, the sound of smoke jolted her ears up to attention on her head. "S-smoke..? And we-we're jus-just standing here?!" She practically shouted. While yes it was always possible that this smoke that could be seen over a horizon was bonfire or social gathering... such a thing in this forgotten world would be near unthinkable. She gnawed at her lip for a moment as she tried to collect her thoughts and focus. "We m-must go! A fi-fire could be dev-devastating!" She again said just shy of yelling. She was clearly on edge at the various thoughts rampaging through her negative head. She hadn't even bothered waiting to see if the three of her new acquaintances were ready, instead she marched eastwards. She was half tempted to try and use Rejection to jet her towards the potential danger faster, but thought against it knowing it would be a misuse of the gift Chiara gave her. If only the catgirl had taken the time to practice her Shoton since waking up. So many constructs could have come in handy at this moment.

[quote"Lanfaer"]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:16 am
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
tab For what seemed like eternity, but at the same time no time at all, you floated in darkness. You can vaguely recall yourself, who you were, and what you were, as if a voice had guided you along that path to remembrance, but the voice itself faded away like it had never existed to begin with. All is at peace, at rest in the comforting embrace of the abyss, until a crack splits the air, resounding in the nothingness. With it came light and humidity as it slowly spider-webbed outward. Then it shattered altogether and you were released from your prison, where you fell to the damp earth, strength not immediately returning to your limbs. This weakness would only last a brief moment before you were filled with energy that could have kept you going for what felt like days, fulling rested and at your prime.
tab Should you open your eyes you would find yourself in a field of knee-high grass with a sky a brighter blue than you've ever seen before arcing overhead. The wind kisses your skin as it whispers by at a gentle pace, bringing with it the scent of fresh growth and new possibilities. Spring would be your guess, though with such terrain it always seemed to be growing even in winter. The weather is fair, neither chilly nor warm, but a healthy mix somewhere in between that might well feel alien depending on where you're from.
tab Two things might stand out for you. First, off in the distance stands a mighty mountain, something that made seeing the horizon line impossible for the majority of your view. Impressive, it also bore a metallic gleam at random times as you move, signalling the likelihood of some sort of society. To the north lies something else, a great deal of smoke rising high into the air from a source hidden by the grass between you. What lay that direction was a mystery, but the fire, likewise, looked much like a fire pit or chimney smoke, possibly indicating another hint of civilization.
tab Your destiny is in your own hands. Which way will you go?

Fenrir the III

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Druid Feldunost

Blessed Bunny

9,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:47 am
User Image
Akira C. Albion | A Crimson Hunter

Akira awoke in a new place, from his perspective. The tall grass grazed at his knees, his body was bare, and many clashing smells tickled at his nose. He looked at his hands in askance, many questions buzzing about in his head. Where was he? When was he? He needed information, and the only thing that seemed to matter was finding someone else. The mountain and the smoke both were interesting, and Akira mentally made a note of the mountain in question. He'd come back to that. The pillar of smoke rising in the north was a good indication of someone, maybe. Or someone in need of help. Either way, a source of information for him. Taking a small, steadying breath, Akira began to head towards the rising smoke. He made sure to proceed carefully, not wanting to run into any animals at the moment.

[Emotions: Curious, Cautious | Mana: Great | Stamina: Great | Skills: Cooking, Tier 2. Survival, Tier 2. Hunting, Tier 3. | Mystic Class | E-Rank | Objective: I need to know what's going on.]

________Western Iron Country ► Antrothian Hollows Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff