Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________Western Iron Country ► Antrothian Hollows Region
[隠] Kusagakure || → Village Hidden in the Grass Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

e-rank / 5'5 / 130 lbs / 100/100 / 100/100

Alana bit her lip at the citizen's response. Kusagakure... it didn't ring a bell. She didn't want to be seen as some lost, stupid girl, but she also needed more information, and this citizen seemed to care at least a little about Alana. It made her hopeful about her future here; if strangers were willing to help out strangers, she could probably recover her memories in no time.

"I-I'm new around here." It wasn't a lie, but wasn't quite the truth. Alana was impatient to get her memories back and her feet back under her. "If there was any advice you'd give a new resident of Kusagakure, what would it be?" She wasn't sure what other questions she should ask first; she didn't want to overwhelm the citizen, though her mind was begging for answers.

Odoeb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:14 pm
Whispers from beyond...

The question given made the stranger raise a slight eye brow but ultimately would be answered.

"If you are really new then best I can tell you is to keep away from the swamps nearby, it's dangerous even for those prepared. Lots of nasty sink holes and the like.

A bit young to be traveling on your own aren't you?"

It wasn't a hostile question but rather one of minor concern. If she was paying attention she would notice that in the crowd there were at least a few people who seemed to take notice of her finally, perhaps due to the sudden conversation and over hearing the few questions.

time and timor

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Alana made a mental note about the swamps, though her mind melted a bit at the citizen's observation of her age, cheeks burning too. "Ah, well..." She wasn't sure how honest she should be, or if it was safe to be candid. She didn't want to be locked up for craziness, or looked down upon. But silence would only keep her hidden in ignorance, and there was nothing scarier than a world where no one knew anything or sought to know anything.

"I didn't choose to travel," she admitted as her gaze studied the citizen's face to gauge a reaction. "I must've hit my head a bit ago, because my mind is kind of fuzzy. Like, I don't remember yesterday," she confessed quietly, anxiously looking at the crowd of eyes watching her. She played with her fingers, unsure if she should admit she couldn't remember her entire life past today, or leave it at a missing yesterday. "I'm kind of hoping something jolts my memory, you know?"

Odoeb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:53 am
Whispers from beyond...

It seemed like the citizen was about to respond in greater confusion when a voice unseen called from the crowd, drawing his attention. "Look I gotta go kid but if you are in need of medical help the hospital is just at the end of the road here. Try to stay safe, the city is pretty friendly but night time can bring a few weirdos out" the citizen said before pushing his way through the crowd and ultimately leaving the girl alone once more.

time and timor

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Alana frowned when the stranger needed to leave. She wasn't sure what to do with his vague information - what kind of weirdos was she being warned about? She didn't want to deal with another Krog. She shook her head, pushing back the worry that sat at the base of her throat, that primal fear of being alone, the vulnerability of it.

She followed his instructions to go to the hospital. She didn't think she needed medical attention but there was perhaps a chance they could help her with her memory issues. Maybe they would have someone with a similar case of amnesia. Once she found the hospital, she didn't hesitate to barge in. "H-hello? I need some help..."

Odoeb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:34 pm
Whispers from beyond...

The night was passing normally, a bit to normally compared to the events that had transpired during the day. This was continued over at the hospital where upon her entering and asking for help a young nurse, only perhaps a few years older then the girl was, approached as she had been passing through.

"What is the problem miss? My name is Katia, are you hurt?"

The place would be very familiar to Alana if she had been into any of the shinobi hospitals of the past, much of the set ups being identical to how it was set up here. Though without the use of chakra healing from the looks of it.

time and timor

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:33 pm

Alana turned to the woman who identified herself as Katia and felt a wave of relief. "I think I have amnesia," she admitted as a flush rose to her cheeks, realizing she probably looked and sounded younger than she really felt, emphasized by the confession that made her seem like a lost kid. She huffed and looked around the hospital, feeling an odd sensation in her gut. It was different from what she'd felt when she'd seen the tentacled woman - like she couldn't ever remember being in a hospital that was safe. Had she visited a hospital in foreign territory in her past?

She'd probably made a billion strange expressions while pursuing her train of thought. She shook her head slightly to escape the thoughts that crowded her and instead said, "So do you think you can help me or not?"

Odoeb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:45 pm
Whispers from beyond...

The nurse listened to her intently and placed a hand on her chin. Amnesia wasn't something so easily treated but perhaps one of the doctors had something to help. "We can have one of the doctors see you in maybe ten minutes. Make sure you have your payment ready, 10 ryo, for the check up" the nurse explained as her eyes looked to see if she could spot any available doctors.

time and timor

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Alana nodded mutely. She pulled her bag around and sat on the floor to go through it. She felt nervous, since she couldn't remember what was in here. She was a little proud of herself for how well-prepared she felt she was, but then there were some scrolls on the bottom of her bag. A lot of them looked like nonsense but a few resonated with her. She examined them more thoroughly, and let herself into a bathroom in order to make the hand seals listed in privacy... after studying the scrolls, she felt a little more like herself (whoever that was) and replaced them in her bag.

Still, she hadn't found any ryo. Perhaps she could work off her small debt using her new skills.

She exited the bathroom, waiting for the nurse to return, expecting payment.

[ Learned, via free training posts :
                                                                              Kanchi Shisutemu Jutsu [Sensing System Technique] [C] (4)
                                                                              Shintenshin no Jutsu [Mind Body Switch Technique] [C] (4)
                                                                              Kanchi Denden [Sensing Transmission] [D] (2)
                                                                              Chakra Hair Trap Technique [D] (2)
                                                                              Eye Mind Reading [D] (2)
                                                                              Yamanaka Clan Telepathy [E] ] (1)
                                                                              21 training posts - 15 = 6 training posts left ]

Odoeb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:09 pm
Whispers from beyond...

The nurse returned after a short time with a doctor in tow, looking to her expectantly.

time and timor

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Alana smiled sheepishly at the nurse and the doctor. "OK, so lemme level with you here. I have, like, no money on me but like, I think I could be of some help to you guys. Bear with me, ok, but I can help you figure out what your patients are thinking, I read minds." She looked rather optimistic after her spiel, completely unaware that she sounded insane.

Odoeb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:35 pm
Whispers from beyond...

The nurse and doctors shared a glance with each other for a few moments, the doctor himself considering it for the moment. After some internal deliberation the doctor dismissed the nurse and stepped forward with a warm smile. The man was older, already balding with gray hair and a thick pair of glasses.

"My name is Styo, we don't have many chakra users like that in this place so a talent like that could help possibly. Do you have any other medical skills I should know about before we start taking rounds? After some volunteering I can help you of course"

100 EXP given for roleplay so far

time and timor

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:21 am

Alana heaved a sigh of relief at the doctor's response. She didn't know of any medical expertise that she had, but there was a lot she didn't know about herself. "My memory problems are actually the exact thing I need you to look into," she admitted sheepishly. "So let's go see some patients and see if it jars my memory, y'know?"

Odoeb
                                                                              lead me to the sick ppl i must traumatize please >:3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:59 pm
User Image
What the hell's going on, can ||someone|| tell me, please?!
Why I'm switching faster than the channels on tv?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

R I G H T E O U S J U S T M E R C I F U L xxxxx Y d a r a h a n ► M a l a k z d a r xxxxx B R O K E N L O S T U N A W A R E

tab [A] hollow horn sounded as if from the depths of the mountains as the titanic fortress responded. There were no words in this inhuman sound yet emotions would be felt nonetheless by the little priestess on the creature's back. Feelings spelled out to her by the spirits of those who watched too closely and knew too much. They whispered that the titan wished her well, and granted her leave to call him at her will. He wished to extend the truth to her that she would forever find a home upon his back, and should the need arise he would help her where necessary when she called. As much as he could. The whispering was filled with awe, not seeming to know how else to translate the words for there were no snide comments or attempts at hiding the truth in riddle or rhyme. Simply honest translation, and then silence.
                                            tab Below there came a voice, distant, indistinct, but there nonetheless.
                                            tab Down below Ydar sat atop his draconic steed, the wyvern known as Achardiel. Dressed in the robes he'd sworn off months prior the young male stared up from his leather saddle at the titan who had marched over the titanic mountainside and blocked the sun for miles around. The trumpeting it had released earlier had spooked the wyvern enough to stall their movements, but he also agreed with Ydar that it would be good to learn more about this beast as they searched for the village of grass that was supposedly nearby. This world was a magical place, more so now than before, so it could well be best in their interest to see this through to the end and perhaps learn something from it.
                                            tab Leaving his weapon and shield at their positions on hip and back, respectively, Ydar leaned forward and patted Achardiel's shoulder in what he hoped would be a playful and empathetic manner. "It seems we've met something larger than yourself, my friend," he whispered, aware the beast above them could kill them by sheer happenstance if not careful. Best not to attract its attention. Despite the wyvern's near twenty feet in length, counting his tail, the dragon stood taller than most horses and still was a speck on existence compared to the titan above. "Tell me, do you know this beast?"
                                            tab The beast hummed deep in its chest, a low rumbling that shook his legs softly. "Usu'vurik," he grumbled, voice huskier than ever from talking so low. "The living fortress. It has lived within the Godswall for many centuries. First I've seen it outside."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
My enemy's invisible,
I don't know how to fight!

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
                                            Establish a basecamp.

Items of Note:

magcookie

Quote:

[ e x p ] 7, 300 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 000 x|x [ m a n a ] ??? / ??? x|x [ s t a m i n a ] ??? / ???

[ m o o d ] ??? x|x [ h e a l t h ] ??? x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] ??? x|x [ c o n t r o l ] ???

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:44 pm
User Image

Liliya Yuliovna Volkov ll Mystic ll Doton :: Suiton ll Servant of Innocence :: D-Rank Channeler ll Shōton

Liliya was truly a unique case when it came to the handling spirits and spiritual beings. There wasn't many who could understand the whispering of a being's very soul. Its essence filtering through her ears in a way she might understand. What it says is unimportant in the grand scheme because it'll result with understanding either way. She had always wondered what exactly about her allowed for this understanding of the dead. She had the belief that it was due to housing a secondary soul within her own. The melding of the souls resulting in someone who was not truly a someone. So perhaps if she had strained her ears to listen to ever minute sound that the towering Titan made by its very act of living she might come to learn how to properly communicate with it. For now she was left to rely on the lingering spirits that drifted around her at any given time. Translating Usu'vurik's message so she might understand it. It was a warm message that filled her heart with glee. A small smile spread across her face as she hugged the back of the titan with her entire body. "I thank you Usu'vurik. I shall treasure the faith you put in me. I will return to you once my mission here is complete. Be safe my... friend..." She said tentatively, she was unsure if claiming a bond of friendship might be over stepping her bounds but she was willing to leave the sentiment with the titan.

Rising from the grass she took a long look around the area. 'How to get down to the ground...' She wondered idly, tempted to water her friend for a little while longer. Her ears perked up to attention as the sound of a voice tickled the fur. She froze in an attempt to locate which direction the voice came from. Had someone stolen aboard Usu'vurik while he was stationary in Fire? While not impossible the voice did not come from the tunnel systems that led to the ground through its legs. No It came from outside of its body yet also bellow it. Was someone climbing it? She gulped in an attempt to calm her nerves before quickly but quietly creeping towards the sound. Her head peeked over the edge of the Titan's back. A speck of a person and a large lizard with wings had taken halt near one of the Titan's legs. They didn't seem hostile but one could never be sure. Crawling a hair forward to get a better few she suddenly recalled she was on a living being not a stationary building... because she was now falling face first towards the ground. Usu'vurik's flesh must have shifted during one of its breaths just enough so that her grip had weakened. Her eyes widened in fear as she attempted to grab at its flesh. The tiniest movements of a being the size of a mountain had kept that from happening though.

'So this is how it ends huh?' She thought almost sarcastically as the ground and the people she was spying on got closer and closer and closer still. She wasn't willing to accept this death. She had just accepted her mission to free Innocence. She wasn't about to become a stain on the ground without at least attempt of resistance. 'I could crystallize... no that'd just shatter at this speed. Think think think thi-' Her thoughts halted as her skin grew deathly cold for moment. It was like a pair of tiny hands, that a child's, had gripped onto her wrists and begun forcing her hands into an open palm. She flinched in pain as mana began fluctuating wildly around her body. The tiny crystals speckling her skin began to ache in pain as the grew ever so slightly from the influx. In an instant, a mere moment, she had stopped falling. She had not hit the ground nor had she suddenly gotten a grip on something. It was like gravity itself had ceased to exist for her. One would assume the sudden removal of downward force would be incredibly painful as momentum wracked ones body. Yet there was no pain. It was like she was rejecting the very laws of nature for the moment. Suddenly aware of her situation she looked to the side, now eye level with a white haired man. "A-AhhhH! H-h-h-hello." She gave a nervous smile before she began falling again. This time however she managed to cause the Rejection on her own, yet it was no where near as effective as when she had a little help. She landed safely on the ground next to Usu'vurik's in a small reservoir of water. All her mustered Rejection managed to do was stop any bones from being destroyed and instead she managed to reduce the pain to a belly flop on a plane of water. She pulled herself out of the water, now looking like a wet cat. The nausea of everything finally caught up with her now still mind. Rainbow bile exited from the feline girl's mouth in protest. "I'm.. taking.. the... stairs... next... time..." She heaved to no one in particular.

Chakra Pool:: [365 //365]
Stamina Pool:: [100 //100]

Quote "Second is the door of forgetting. Some wounds are too deep to heal, or too deep to heal quickly. In addition, many memories are simply painful, and there is no healing to be done. The saying 'time heals all wounds' is false. Time heals most wounds. The rest are hidden behind this door.” :: Patrick Rothfuss

Liliya's Theme half•alive - still feel

Lanfaer

________Western Iron Country ► Antrothian Hollows Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas