Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Oh man guys

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Praise God I'm out...
  So stressful...
View Results

Qwertea

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 pm
Y'all have a seat because I'm gonna be extra and vent.
I JUST NEED A MOMENT TO RANT A BIT.
It's been crappy lately. emo

So I'm doing six classes this semester because I'm a glutton for punishment.
My math professor is a (naughty word here). She is the department head so she gets away with a bunch of (expletive). Anyway, she has been making us do homework which is fine, however, the homework is over stuff we have not covered in class. She bases her lectures off the (USA Navy Sailor approved word here) we miss in the homework. THEN during lectures, she uses a bunch of (bad words here) shortcuts and does a (my mother blushed when I said this word here) job explaining them. Seriously. My grade in her class took more low blows than Kanye West and Kim Kardashian did with Taylor Swift's new album. Even my sweet little old lady professor that I have for most of my child development/teacher classes called her a (more creative expletives) and that a lot of other professors can't stand my math professor because of how she runs her classes and how she gets away with murder.

SO today I go down to student services to get a drop slip because I'm so completly over it. Tomorrow before math class at 9 am CST I will be serving her and I will be free! *Freebird playing in background*

Her classes had me so stressed out. I was crying myself to sleep and I have a bald spot on my head because anxiety makes me pull my hair out. At the front of my head too, I use eye shadow to fill it in so it's not that noticeable... This class doesn't factor into my GPA in any way since it is a remedial but I need to pass it before I take college algebra. I'm just thrilled to be out.
I found a better professor that offers the class so I'll retake it next semester.

Biggest part of my workload was trying to figure out how to do that math on my own... Doing multiple sections loaded down with problems when I already have issues with learning math concepts is downright cruel, you don't do that in a remedial class. So many people have dropped her class already... emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 pm
    Girl, thank God you dropped that class.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:49 am
Girl, I am happy you got out of there as soon as it was possible for you!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 am
Sorry to hear that you had a bad math professor for the semester. It sucks to have a bad teacher, instructor, or professor for a course. Glad to hear that got out of her class and enrolling in a math class with a better professor.  

Lop Bunny Demon

Hallowed Bunny

22,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:21 pm
Holy (poop), holy (poop), holy (poop)!
No class should ever be that way!!
I had that once.... and also ended up dropping that class that semester.
Like, no one needs that for one class, let alone when all your other classes are also loading on the work.

Hopefully you can find a little time this weekend (or whenever) to sit back with your fav drink/food and revel in it all being over!!

And hopefully the next one goes better. n -n
(In my case, I took the class with a different teacher the next semester who actually TAUGHT the material that we were being tested on. Made a world of difference. The class was still difficult, but XD the stuff you saw in homework/tests actually resembled things that you saw in class. What a unique concept. *rolls eyes* )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 pm
So happy for you, that you got out of that class & out from under the curse of that evil professor! Life is too short to ever stick with anything that causes you that level of stress. Hope the next time you take the class it is so much better, it blots out this bad experience. A good teacher can make all the difference!  

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:15 pm
Sometimes the professor and teaching environment really make a big different on grades. It certainly sounds like that professor wasn't the best fit for you, so well done deciding to take the class another time with a different professor!  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games