Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Contest Idea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor count
  +1
View Results

justagal313

Tipsy Tipper

8,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:12 am
Hello,
I have an idea for a contest thread that originated from the fact that dumpster dive was filled with ducky items so I would like to start a fun day at April 1st where the rule is to wear ducky item to qualify and we can also have best dressed ducky competition and lucky number/dice competition mini-games.

I want it to be on the main thread to reach as many people as possible.

I would do it myself but I don't have the resources or ability to make fancy threads with art and stuff which is why I came to ask for help in the guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 am
justagal313

Sounds great. There are a few artists in this guild, too, so I hope one can help you out.

I, personally, have the same issue (to some degree) but I try to overcome it by playing around with the Gaia post layout. i.e. different color, sizes, left-right alignment...  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Beccan34

Anxious Regular

24,850 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:48 am
justagal313
Hello,
I have an idea for a contest thread that originated from the fact that dumpster dive was filled with ducky items so I would like to start a fun day at April 1st where the rule is to wear ducky item to qualify and we can also have best dressed ducky competition and lucky number/dice competition mini-games.

I want it to be on the main thread to reach as many people as possible.

I would do it myself but I don't have the resources or ability to make fancy threads with art and stuff which is why I came to ask for help in the guild.

I LOVE the idea! I have a few Ducky items of different sizes from many years ago and I never knew if I wanted to get rid of them or keep them for future use!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:28 pm
    This is a very cute idea! If you ever want to experiment with post layouts, I use this guide all the time. It's outdated, but still good!

P.S. Moved this thread to the Chatterbox.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:57 am
Sometimes you dont need fancy art etc. There are websites which have graphics for free and text generators for free too. One of the sites I use is Glitter Graphics which has loads of graphics and a free text generator with different texts avaiable.

Also ~Sigh~ My Friend who is no longer here on Gaia would have loved this - she was obsessed with ducks. Koromyst my friend, I miss you and everyone else from the "old gang" who have left gaia for greener pastures as it were crying  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games