Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Savage Worlds: Two tales, one problem...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:21 am
Okay, I like the system of Savage Worlds... really likey... but, we can't use cards, nor chips, online. And if you haven't read the rules, cards are kinda a big deal. With most SW games using them for round by round initiative(love this idea) and others in life and death events(etc; quick draw duels and car chases). I am drawling a blank on how to work around them. Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Okay, I like the system of Savage Worlds... really likey... but, we can't use cards, nor chips, online. And if you haven't read the rules, cards are kinda a big deal. With most SW games using them for round by round initiative(love this idea) and others in life and death events(etc; quick draw duels and car chases). I am drawling a blank on how to work around them. Thoughts?

Tables that correlate to a dice roll or roll 20 has ways to draw cards.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:04 pm
There isn't a good way to do this, as if you used the random numbers to generate it, you still wouldn't have a good way of removing the cards from the deck until you get a joker.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:10 am
Rng, top number gets progressively lower as other numbers are removed. You start with all 1s in ascending suit order and qork your way up, with the highest 2 numbers available being jokers.
It keeps it easy, so the highest number will usually win.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:17 am
I can't use Roll 20, as my work and library has it blocked.

Okay, I think I am just going to replace the deck of cards thing with a d12 roll. With Gaia's Die system, making 12 the Joker would be rare enough. lol

Quote:
Repeat numbers take the next number, descending first (example; three 2’s are rolled would take this appearance: 2,1,3). The used number list are rest if a Joker is rolled, or in any event that would cause the deck to be shuffled.

It makes the joker pop up more often, but otherwise it plays the same affect that the deck does in most edges and events...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games