Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Dragonball Z and empress dee

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:22 am
Being a big fan of dragon ball Z, I have had many dreams about this wonderful anime. The thing is, though I wanted to start a guild using dragon ball characters, with the only real rule being someone plays as Vegeta and that Vegeta is married to me, it hasn't worked out that great. I need some pointers on some storylines for a good dragon ball Z guild.

This way I can fix up one of the two that I have.

So, again I need Pointers on making a dragon ball Z guild with the main rule is someone plays as Vegeta and Vegeta would be married to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:37 am
First of all I want to apologize for sounding rude these next lines. I am a honest speaker and I don't want to hurt feelings.

In my opinion, setting up a rpg guild is not that easy. Especially when one considers the stated rules.
Quite frankly it sounds really more like a fan fic than rpg and that is the part where it gets difficult. You see, a fan fic might have an audience which likes it but that is something rather unusual instead of the norm.

I, personally, try to avoid any rp or fan fiction in which the author or founder is in a close relationship or way better than one of the main cast. This reeks a lot like Mary Sue. (if you don't know that term you maybe want to look it up)
Tbh I think that this is boring. It caters just to one person and that one alone.

You will need someone willing to play vegeta who is married to you? Have you, and be honest here, ever considered why it might not work?
I dare say that no one can ever play vegeta just like you want him to be played. There is no one who could play him perfectly to your demand 24/7. Sooner or later there will be problems, of that you can be sure.

Tl;dr: don't do it, it won't work in my opinion  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:44 am
Marc Gosgosh
First of all I want to apologize for sounding rude these next lines. I am a honest speaker and I don't want to hurt feelings.

In my opinion, setting up a rpg guild is not that easy. Especially when one considers the stated rules.
Quite frankly it sounds really more like a fan fic than rpg and that is the part where it gets difficult. You see, a fan fic might have an audience which likes it but that is something rather unusual instead of the norm.

I, personally, try to avoid any rp or fan fiction in which the author or founder is in a close relationship or way better than one of the main cast. This reeks a lot like Mary Sue. (if you don't know that term you maybe want to look it up)
Tbh I think that this is boring. It caters just to one person and that one alone.

You will need someone willing to play vegeta who is married to you? Have you, and be honest here, ever considered why it might not work?
I dare say that no one can ever play vegeta just like you want him to be played. There is no one who could play him perfectly to your demand 24/7. Sooner or later there will be problems, of that you can be sure.

Again, you didn`t follow the rules. What you stated was what was wrong with my idea. At no point did you give me pointers. You think it won`t work well then why reply to this thread  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:46 am
Marc Gosgosh

what would you suggest I do instead, huh  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 pm
If I violated your thread rules then you violated this subforums rules. Sure, your topic doesn't really belong in any other subforum. Then again this looks pretty much like a request /search thread to me. Maybe this guild isn't even the right place to look for what you want. There is this forum if you are searching for one to rp with.

Again, you get very defensive bordering to being rude. I tried to help you to understand why your goal might not be easily achieved and why you maybe won't find anyone here to help you out.
And, again, I am not official NSTG crew but just a crew assistant. This guild is for Gaians to have a safe environment to learn and prosper. I must ask you to respect this, please.

You may post threads but that doesn't mean you can make all the rules.

~~~
On another note, you have quite a collection of different guilds which seem to be very diverse. However, most look a bit deserted.

I had once an own guild, too. But I was too stubborn to let anyone tell me how to run my business. Long story short, it is quite dead and only a testing ground now for me.

If you want to learn how to engage people better so your guilds are more active (and by that you might even find a suitable Vegeta... Just saying) I will gladly help you.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 pm
Marc Gosgosh
If I violated your thread rules then you violated this subforums rules. Sure, your topic doesn't really belong in any other subforum. Then again this looks pretty much like a request /search thread to me. Maybe this guild isn't even the right place to look for what you want. There is this forum if you are searching for one to rp with.

Again, you get very defensive bordering to being rude. I tried to help you to understand why your goal might not be easily achieved and why you maybe won't find anyone here to help you out.
And, again, I am not official NSTG crew but just a crew assistant. This guild is for Gaians to have a safe environment to learn and prosper. I must ask you to respect this, please.

You may post threads but that doesn't mean you can make all the rules.

~~~
On another note, you have quite a collection of different guilds which seem to be very diverse. However, most look a bit deserted.

I had once an own guild, too. But I was too stubborn to let anyone tell me how to run my business. Long story short, it is quite dead and only a testing ground now for me.

If you want to learn how to engage people better so your guilds are more active (and by that you might even find a suitable Vegeta... Just saying) I will gladly help you.

well that would be helpful. I am trying to get my guilds more active, and I wasn`t sure where to put this kind of a thread.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Ochru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:55 am
Hmm...well, the guy had a point that it might not work, but how about this instead? How about have a Dragon Ball Z guild where people discuss their favorite aspects of dragon ball Z, but also have in there role-play options.

Kinda like what you wanted to do with Harvest Gardens as opposed to Harvest Haven.

But, be sure to clean up that guild first by deleting threads that have nothing to do with Dragon ball Z.

Another thing you could do is make the subforums based on the planets of Dragon Ball Z that you know of, but have each of those Planets focus on a certain aspect of Dragon Ball Z or of the Renaissance Galaxy.

An example would be Planet Namek - Harvest Moon and farming related threads go here. Because Planet Namek is supposed to be a peaceful planet, and a planet based on crops, then it would make sense to put those kinds of topics there.

Marc, is this kinda what you meant by thinking up something different than the Mary Sue idea?  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games