Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Image Hosting Problem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:52 am
Hey NSTGers ancantsia here.

So a few of you have noticed the issues going on about Image Hosting from Photobucket (see picture below) and I am here to address this issue.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One Gaian has posted HERE (clicky the link) about this problem.in the Mini Shops sub-forum of gaia. They have given a few other sites in which images can be hosted so I hope this clears up any issues you have with hosting images.

P.S Another website for image hosting is called Tinypic - this is where I host my images like the one in my signature smile

P.P.S To any Crew members:- I apologise if this is in the wrong sub-forum and if it is please move it to the correct one. Thanks! xx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 pm
    Moved to the Chatterbox! Kimmy, do you know if anyone has created a guide for the different alternatives to Photobucket? I'd love to link to it in the Resources subforum.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 am
Ebania
    Moved to the Chatterbox! Kimmy, do you know if anyone has created a guide for the different alternatives to Photobucket? I'd love to link to it in the Resources subforum.

I don't think so hun, I have looked but there are lots of people saying different things about different websites in many places so it would be confusing for the
Newbies (and oldies!)

Sozzles :/

EDIT: P.S remember to grab your Chinese New Year freebie from the profile of Neko smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:58 pm
    That's ok, friend -- I'll keep on the lookout.

Ooh! From whose profile, exactly?

ancantsia
    I don't think so hun, I have looked but there are lots of people saying different things about different websites in many places so it would be confusing for the
    Newbies (and oldies!)

Sozzles :/

EDIT: P.S remember to grab your Chinese New Year freebie from the profile of Neko smile

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 am
Ebania

Neko <-- click the lil flowers smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:49 pm
Ebania
    That's ok, friend -- I'll keep on the lookout.

Ooh! From whose profile, exactly?

Uh, not quite the same, but I've got a couple in this post.

I checked out different articles like this and imgur and tinypic are still the best alternatives, I think.

Free Image Uploader sounded good until I tried it. XD I didn't make an account with them, so I don't know if that changes it, but they don't have bbcode img option. You can just share the whole page that has your image... or share to specific sites like Facebook and Twitter.

And thanks for sharing the info, ancantsia! The photobucket change really put a wrench in everything. I used that site to host all my images for guides and such since it was my longest and most trusted image hosting site. OTL
I also liked that it didn't scramble the image's name when it got uploaded. <.<; I know that's done for safety reasons but XD; I needed those file names. :c

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

ArielChaos

Winter Bear

31,275 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 am
Tbh I'm always hosting on tinypic or sta.sh from deviantart.. But i see many profiles with not working images hosted on photobucked. That's a problem.  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games