Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Saddest song you've ever heard?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:30 pm
    Laika by Wil Wagner is by far the saddest song I've ever heard.

It's about the first living being to orbit the earth: Laika, a mutt from the streets of Moscow, who was captured by the Soviet space program and subjected to grueling, cruel training that left her constipated and claustrophobic. On November 3rd, 1957, she was launched into space, where she endured a painful, slow death about five hours into flight from overheating and stress. Her remains burned within Sputnik 2 as it returned to earth five months later, and I believe that she now walks freely among the stars. But the song's piercing sadness is in its sweetness: the purity of this sweet dog.

Sad songs are my favorite kind; as a poet, I'm doomed to think so. Show me your favorites!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am
What a sad but beautiful song. I have a new artist to listen to now! My playlists are also full of sad songs; I think I'm just the type of person who likes listening to mellow and slow songs.

For me, it'll have to be The Only Thing by Sufjan Stevens. Like the other songs in his album, it discusses his sadness over losing his mother when he was very young. Really dark and somber lyrics, but the tune is upbeat.

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 am
    Sufjan Stevens. User Image Listening now!

"No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross" shatters my heart every time.

Eternal Rebellion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 am
Sad songs? You just came to the wrong right neighborhood, hun. Because I got plenty of those.
Depression is kinda my thing, hehe. Oh well.

Beloved by VNV Nation. Lyrics Longing for a passed away loved one.

Illusion by VNV Nation. Lyrics Staying yourself and staying alive, despite every days little hurts.

Like Tears in the Rain by Covenant. Lyrics Inspired by the last words of original Blade Runner's character Roy Batty:
Quote:
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Let's just settle for this 3, there might be more if they are sad enough (and not downright the "depressive" path).  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

psychod0ll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:22 am
Mogwai - Take Me Somewhere Nice

I don't know but this is the kind of song that's just one of those nights when I come to look back at old memories and cry. Like if we could hear our depression, I think it would sound like this song. Just sharing~  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:41 am
Vic Chesnutt - Flirted With You All My Life

It's about how death affected the singer Vic Chesnutt and the people close to him such as his friend and mom. This is the saddest song I've ever heard and the lyrics are here.  

Mariella Von Richthofen

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:47 pm
I found this one recently by watching One Piece AMV's on youtube xd

Sunrise by Our Last Night  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:03 am
Oh Boy.. Saddest Song?

Terrible Things  

Fortnite Battle Pass

Krampus

8,550 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Beccan34

Anxious Regular

24,850 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:42 pm
Concrete Angel- Martina McBride

I refuse to listen to sad music because I have so much empathy and a strong imagination that I end up feeling so much pain. I go into a depression and will cry a little too hard.
A girl in my High School Choir sang this song for her Solo.
I never make it through the song without crying!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:54 pm
Walk a little straighter by Billy Currington
Unconsolable by X Ambassadors
Unsteady by X Ambassadors  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items