Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Philadelphia,Pennsylvania - Prison Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:14 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

Jayson couldn't really care less about the floor they found themselves on, it was wet and dark, the why of it didn't really matter. It looked like the rest of the prison, it probably was the same layout wise, if you'd seen one floor you'd seen them all. "Think I'm going to go with the majority, go suck it." He didn't feel like extra sanctions were necessary to his prison experience, with Adora being here he was beginning to think that the ones he already had might be a little unwise in agreeing to but there wasn't much he could do about that at the moment. "Yes, thank you, Captain Obvious." He acknowledged that Naomi was probably correct about the main block being behind the big metal doors she had mentioned, but with the exception of Adora, they all lived in prison. "I don't think he'd have to do that much paperwork, chock it down to a deviant going rogue and say no body was ever found." Jayson assumed that he would make both a great warden and a terrible one at the same time, there would be too many battle royals but overcrowding would be way down. "Well I don't want to stand in the water forever, lets move to the doors you saw and work our way through them. Up you get, no sudden moves." He moved the torch over to Naomi when she exclaimed, the light illuminating the stone on it's arc as it lazily hit the barrier only to pass through and transform into a sand mist, which rained into the water below. "Makes you wonder if that other guard made it past this or not." There had been a scream, it made him think he probably had.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:53 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

User Image

The Warden

The warden expected more, that was, he had hoped for sarcasm, as that could be used to form a contract. Sadly it seemed like they were either above that or below it, most likely below as he was dealing with scum. "Don't put me in the same book as you, Mr Freeman, you wouldn't don't play fair and you think that nobody else will as well. A clever man like you should be able to work out the benefits of a none aggression pact, a human among supermen, better to lever the playing field to stop..." He considered his words for a moment. "Retaliation." His contracts weren't perfect, not the verbal ones at least. "Of course they are, that and a warden is a good chip to bargain with." He made no assumptions that they liked him as a person, he was their keeper and they were the worst the city had to offer. "Don't think of yourself as exempt Miss Cruz, planning to break out a man that wanted to be imprisoned? Perhaps it would be better if you yielded to my request..." He didn't feel it was necessary to try to appeal to her, getting his prisoners in line would be good enough. But the idea of removing her from Jayson did have it's own appeal. "You are correct, Miss Watch, however as Mr Wright, so delicately put it, it wouldn't be hard for my men to assume the worst and seal us all down here as an unfortunate accident. For as much power as your father has, he is but one man, and this is a place that many wish to keep buried. We really all need to work together and not fight each other." He left it ominous, the board was staffed by some extremely powerful individuals and while he had his suspicions he knew better than to voice them. Jayson instructed him to stand and so he complied. "Miss Tyler, what is ten years to someone who has no intention of serving their full time anyway? If you want ten years off for non aggression until we're safe, then I am willing to accommodate. Deal?" Honestly Veronica cost the prison more than she was worth and really needed to be in a more secure facility in his opinion, but sadly the board hadn't listened.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:20 am
User Image User Image User Image
Jacob Freeman

Jacob gave Jayson an amused look when the man said the warden could write off a death in the prison as 'deviants gone rogue.' In a normal prison maybe, but not this one. Not in this prison where deviants were sent specifically because the warden was supposed to be able to keep them in line. If deviants died in his prison, he would have a lot of explaining to do. Especially if the media found out. When not if... the media always found out. Jacob liked to give them a show. "Oh I play plenty fair Warden, it's not my fault no one else seems to understand the rules for the game we're playing." Jacob said with a grin that faded an instant later, "And don't call me clever, that's a nasty word for nasty people you clever boy."

"I really wouldn't do that if I were you." Jacob suggested to Veronica in a tone almost as ominous as the Warden's had been. The Warden was right about one thing- being a human in a world of superhuman meant Jacob liked to level the playing field... and he would.

Date: February 30, 2013 | Company: Inmates and "Authority"

Ragnarok_Akumachi

vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:46 am
User Image

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ It's ten times as hard to put yourself back together...

User Image

Just hearing him say her name brought her disgust, her face fighting not to openly twist her nose up in front of the man. Biting her tongue in order to not blurt that she wanted to hurl him through the wall, she instead listened to the small babble between those around her. She wanted to move along just as much as Jayson did, however now Veronica seemed to want to actually make a deal with the warden. "I agree. Not smart." Her voice low as she agreed with Jacob, she tapped her finger against her arm. Even if she was pretending to play nice with the warden that wasn't a smart idea. This man, the way he spoke and held himself, was one to be extremely cautious of. They all should know, given they were all relatively under his control. Speaking of, could the woman not hear the slickness in the warden's voice? It was so thick it made her sick. She wouldn't trust him in a million years.

Pushing herself off the wall gently, she shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "Let's just get a move on, yea? At least we know we can throw him through the barrier if he tries anything. Maybe just a limb, even."

User Image

...than it does to fall apart Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

OCC:

vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger
Ragnarok_Akumachi
Nine1122

Elsa Amora

Timid Phantom

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:22 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Naomi Watch
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"and this is a place that many wish to keep buried. " Naomi's eyes light up at that statement. You could almost see the mission objective change from finding a way out to uncovering the secrets of this sub-basement in her mind. "New deal, tell me what the big secret is and I'll let you put me in 'custody," she said, doing finger quotes around the word custody, seeing as he had no way of physically arresting her at this point. Though honestly, the deal was pretty moot when it came to Naomi. Her previous arrangement with The Warden meant she couldn't leave the prison grounds anyway, and though she was a trouble maker she was relatively harmless. "You can start with that what thing is!" She said pointing to the shimmering light that had disintegrated the rock. "Wait, does that mean we are all standing in misted guard?" She asked, twisting up her features to look down at the water with disgust. "I swam in that."

With Adora's suggestion, the group started moving down the hall. She really hoped hopped Andora didn't turn violent if the Warden 'tried anything.' The dead-end with the pit and the door wasn't a far walk, but far enough for Naomi to ask Jacob "So....what are the rules of the game we are playing?" The guy was seriously creepy, and not someone she wanted to get on the bad side of, but Naomi was also a desperately curious sort, often getting herself in trouble.

"I'll be right back." Naomi announced once they reached the door. It was hard to tell if she forgot about the misted guard or simply thought his bits wouldn't be in the water this far away. Either way, she stepped over the pit like a scuba diver and vanished into the inky water below, taking her soft blue glow with her. After a few minutes, the light would return below the surface, becoming brighter and brighter until Naomi's head broke the surface. "There is another hole down a little way, into the cell block. Best part, it's got lights. It looks like the water is getting sucked into something though, so you'll want to avoid that. Anyone want a lift?"

February 30th 2013

Ragnarok_Akumachi
vortex2365
Nine1122
Elsa Amora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:36 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

User Image

The Warden

His eyes looked at the shimmering crease in the world for a second, as he contemplated his options and the value of having Naomi under another level of control. She alone wasn't worth it and since nobody else seemed interested he shrugged and followed the group along. "A freebie then. That thing is a victim of a deviant." He wasn't sure how to deal with them other than to avoid the areas they were found in and pray you saw those before it was too late. What kind of power had caused someone to be folded into a micron thick, window of warped light and still retain it's form years after the event he didn't elaborate on. Although from the way the light flicked back to the site and then back to the path he assumed that he didn't need to. "Apologies, Mr Freeman, your a sweet boy whose never done anything wrong. I believe your file said 'mistaken identity', they were after some other creepy clown man and put you inside just to make sure they stopped catching you. A smart move on their part and you were very clever to go along with it." Even now as he was imprisoned by the people he was supposed to be overseeing he didn't feel it was necessary to bow to their inane personalities any more than needed. He would go along with the prisoner charade for now but If the moment to turn the tables presented itself he would take it. He would let them decide how to pass the door, but assumed that he would be taking a swim in the near future.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:04 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

He took one last look with the torch behind them as they moved down the corridor, it was unlikely that something was following them without Adora noticing them so it was more for peace of mind than anything practical. The warden mentioned that the wall was the victim of a deviant which seemed, if not impossible, then horrifying. He could only begin to hazard a guess at what caused it and in the end decided not to think too deeply about it, being crushed was one thing but as far as he knew abilities stopped after death so whatever had created it was probably still around. Naomi asked Jacob what the rules were for Jacob's game but they were probably similar to his own: I'm right and everyone else is wrong. There were some nuances, Adora was part of that but you need to keep a certain level of 'I'm doing the right thing' as things crash down around you at all times otherwise you go mad. "Stop talking now. We've all had enough." He pushed the warden to keep him quiet and stop him riling up Jacob any more than he, himself, would. As they reached the doorway he took it upon himself to examine the door itself. It looked like some sort of security shutter had covered it at one point but the whole thing was rusted shut now. He casually kicked it to try his luck. He limped back as Naomi resurfaced. "Can you take him?" He pointed to the warden, then looked at Jacob. "Will you be able to swim it?" It wasn't an attack, it was a question. "And can you help me, Adora?" He could swim but after the time he'd nearly drowned playing silly buggers, it had turned him off the idea of it in general. He assumed Veronica would be able to deal or would blast through the door.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:25 am
User Image

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ It's ten times as hard to put yourself back together...

User Image

The brunette's expression faltered for the first time on this journey when Jayson spoke, effectively silencing everyone's small chatter and side comments. She knew that tone, it was quite rare that he used it given he was such a lighthearted soul. As if the tone was a command, Adora's shoulders softened and she flashed him a brief apologetic look as she pressed her lips shut. It was very much the equivalent of a submissive dog putting its ears back and side-eyeing their owner apologetically. She was on a mission. Regardless of the alterations during the time of said mission, she should remain professional. She had to keep that in mind.

She did agree, however, and knew they would get nowhere if they continued going back and forth like this. So she walked with the group and watched as the blonde dove into the unknown before resurfacing and giving the all clear. Stepping aside while the Warden was passed off, the brunette rose her gaze to meet Jayson upon hearing her name. Nodding briefly, she took her place by the door and opened her right arm out to him. "So long as you don't mind holding onto me with a dolphin fin," She slightly mumbled as she failed to fight the grin she flashed him.

Once in her arms, Adora hopped into the deep pool of water and submerged them both and moved them toward their desired destination. It didn't take her long to do so, locking Jayson against her securely before twisting her body around and resurfacing out the other end. Taking a small breath, she met his gaze and grinned "Ta-da." Chuckling slightly as she released him, she climbed out of the water and helped him up before surveying the new area they had entered, not forgetting the strange beast they had caught a glimpse of earlier.

User Image

...than it does to fall apart Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

OCC:

vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger
Ragnarok_Akumachi
Nine1122

Elsa Amora

Timid Phantom

Ragnarok Akumachi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Veronica Tyler

vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

After listening the others suggestion's, Veronica pondered and then she turns to the warden and says
"It seems I should take everyone advice and decline. That being said I am happy with any other exit plan, although my stuff is still being locked up, like my ring, my wrist bands, this collar...that aside." Veronica turns to the others taking charge "I am up for any escape plan and I trust your guys judgement, however if there is going to be anymore swimming involved can shift back to human? This bulky form of mine makes it very difficult for me to swim in and if there is a offer for a ride I'll take it." She then smiles and she slowly reverts back to her human form.  
Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff