Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Philadelphia,Pennsylvania - Prison Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:38 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

Jayson sloshed up a wave and kicked it into the mirage, then shone the light into it to watch it. As he watched the water, a shadow of a kneeling figure was reflected up onto the wall, although he didn't see it as he was distracted by the water and then Adora's suggestion to stick the warden into it. "Yes, I'm against it." He announced as he span, light back on the group but Jacob was faster and had seized the man before he could interject. Luckily Naomi had it covered and Jayson helped her hand him back to Veronica. The girl had gone quiet and could carry the warden until he woke up or she objected. He was against Naomi announcing she was under a contract, since it made it painfully obvious that he would be under a similar restriction. He disliked the idea of Jacob knowing things about him, the man was like a bag of worms... Better at the bottom of a lake. He took Adora by the arm and span her slightly to talk while watching the killer in their midst, since he figured she needed to know. "He sealed my power to summon things. I can still eat, and retain things. Warden's power." He was pretty sure without the ability to retain things he would die. Probably take out a city block as he exploded too. Then he released her and addressed the rest of them. "Just stick to the wall, it's not across the whole passage. That other guy must have got further than this." He paused. "For good measure, Jakey can go first. I've got the torch on you. If he dies horribly, my bad, we'll try something else." He flashed him a grin. "How were you going to get me out?" He was curious himself, though going horse crazy and rampaging could have probably created enough chaos for normal prisoners to escape.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:47 am
User Image

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ It's ten times as hard to put yourself back together...

User Image

Amora took no time stepping aside when Jacob lunged into action. She was actually quite interested in what might happen. Would he explode? Would the barrier slice him and then dissipate? Or would it be anticlimactic and the body would just bounce off and fall into the water? Unfortunately none of them were able to actually see the result given the blonde stopped him before he could hit it. An involuntary sigh left Amora's lips before she was turned around by surprise. Her brow furrowed in confusion before listening to his words. They brought clarity, making her eyes change from worry to realization. "So this is why you stayed trapped here?" She wasn't aware a power like that could exist, but it would make sense as to how he's gotten so many to stay under his thumb. There were a few things on her mind as Jayson instructed Jacob pass the barrier. Were all of the others under this same contract? Only able to use their powers limitedly with no way to free themselves without the man that put them under it? Unfortunate.

Her mind quickly snapped out of her thoughts when Jayson returned his attention to her. Raising a brow, she smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know." Her smirk turning into a grin, she nudged him slightly. "How about we focus on getting that contract off you first and I'll tell you all the stories you want." Smiling, she then moved to the side of the room where the space in the barrier settled along with everyone else.

User Image

...than it does to fall apart Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

OCC:

vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger
Ragnarok_Akumachi
Nine1122

Elsa Amora

Timid Phantom

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:22 am
User Image User Image User Image
Jacob Freeman

"If I told my friend Paul that I'd give him a hundred dollars, and then I shot Paul, I wouldn't owe him a hundred dollars now would I?" Jacob pointed out to Naomi with a grin on his face. Maybe he should take out the knife and test the theory. His eyes drifted down to the warden but he didn't do anything. She was quick. She'd been quick enough to stop him from moving he warden's body to the barrier but would she be quick enough to stop the flash of a blade. They didn't need to find out now. They had plenty of time. Jayson told Jacob to go across first and he immediately refused. Perhaps just to be defiant, perhaps because he did not like being told what to do, or perhaps just because he wanted to get them a little more separated.

"You think I'm nuts? You'd turn it off once I was half way across. The blonde goes first." Jacob said with a sideways glance towards Naomi.

Date: February 30, 2013 | Company: Inmates and "Authority"

Ragnarok_Akumachi

vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Veronica Tyler

vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

As everything unfolds around her, Veronica does the most to keep quiet and nod at most things directed to her. Infact aside from carrying the warden she just listened to the others, following instructions and kept silent while others do their thing. On thing that did get her attention is when Jacob said his speech and then turned and said the blond goes first. Before she lifted one of her feet to walk forward, two realizations came to mind. The first her hair is currently black in this form and the second is the fact that his attention was at Naiomi. So she continued to keep still.  

Ragnarok Akumachi

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Naomi Watch
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"Technically you'd still owe him, he just wouldn't be able to collect.....I think." Naomi scrunched up her face a bit while considering the hypothetical Jacob presented. "Either way, I not willing to gamble being trapped in this building for the rest of my life on it."

Clearly there was some sort of power struggle in the group as Jacob and Jayson argued over who should go first. "The blonde has a name." Naomi put both fists on her hips and stuck her tongue out at Jacob in a very childish way. "Alright, if everyone else is too chicken I'll go first. Beats dying of old age down here. If I die Veronica gets all of my stuff!" Well, that and she had the best chance of surviving if anything did happen. Naomi went against the wall furthest from the shimmer and stuck her left arm out before stepping forward. If there was something bad about the shimmer hopefully it only took her arm and all of her.

February 30th 2013

Ragnarok_Akumachi
vortex2365
Nine1122
Elsa Amora

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:03 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

He looked at her for a moment before answering honestly. "It removed the temptation to leave, but I was planning to give it a year or two." He was going to elaborate more when Jacob made his insane comparison. Jayson looked at Jacob for a long moment wondering how likely it was that the man had friends. He clearly had to have some sort of charisma, the people in the block thought so, but there was an air about him that suggested he was just looking for a reason to stab you instead of talking. "That's on you and your lack of conscience. Would you have given him the money if you hadn't killed him? I suspect not and so the point is void." He led the warden along behind Naomi who volunteered to go first. "Oh damn, foiled again." He announced in confirmation to Jacob that he was trying to get him killed. "Yes she has a name! It's Lady Kraken, First of the Sea!" He followed slowly behind, making sure the warden didn't fall acutely aware that he seemed to be walking himself slightly. He doubted that the others would miss it, so elected to stop and 'wake' him up after they were all on the same side. "Alright Jacob, your turn." He shone the torch at the wall. "I think the warden has slept long enough. Adora, could I trouble you to find it in yourself to wake up our friend here?" While he was sure the rest of them could do it, and doubted that the warden was actually asleep in the first place, he did like seeing his friend work her magic.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:49 pm
User Image

User Image

The brunette glanced from the blonde to Jacob when she responded to him, and wasn't at all surprised when Jayson added in his own opinion. She, on the other hand, had no interest in this quarrel so she opted to stay silent. She did, however, snicker at the title Jayson gave the woman, almost making her wonder if she could beat her in a race if she transformed into a sea creature of her own choice. But of course she wouldn't voice this thought. They weren't really in a position to play around and everyone besides her seemed to be struggling with the Warden's restrictions so it'd be unfair to begin with.

Standing along the wall while the blonde went first, she watched the way she held out her arm. It was a good theory, to say the least. If the barrier would close it'd only affect her fingers or hand instead of her entire being. Smart. When she made it to the other side of the barrier unharmed it was Veronica who moved next, then Jayson soon after. Her sharp gaze followed him up until he actually pressed himself against the wall and began to move. It was then that her gaze snapped down toward the Warden's legs. They were moving. Not being dragged, no. They were moving unassisted as if to ensure he'd cross the barrier safely regardless of the help he received from the two that moved him. Narrowing her eyes in suspicion, Adora carefully moved herself across and made sure to step in a way that she stood on the side of Jayson away from the Warden. If she wanted to she could focus on her sense of hearing to see if his breathing pattern had changed, but she didn't want to get too close. She was the only one not under the man's influence. If she was close enough and he woke he'd try to seal her power. She was nothing without it.

Her eyes raising to acknowledge Jayson's request, her fingers twitched slightly. She was to wake him up, but she wasn't given a restriction as to how. To be completely honest she wanted to punch him with the force of an entire gorilla army but she couldn't, for if she did and killed him she could possibly harm those around her. And though she didn't care for the others she cared for Jayson. She couldn't harm him, she wouldn't. "If you say so." Walking a semi-wide circle perimeter around the man and the woman holding him, she stopped just behind him and watched him. She refrained from instinctively punching his head or swiping his feet from the floor and making him fall into the water they stood in. Instead, she mulled over her other options quickly. She could bite him, an animal bite wouldn't be so bad and if she chose correctly she wouldn't be poisonous or puncture something fatal. No, if his powers can transfer that way I'd be sealing my own powers away. Stupid option. Deciding she wanted to do something that would allow her to keep her distance she reached for Jayson and brought him closer to her. Transforming into a bullsnake and quickly wrapping herself up and around his shoulders and one of his arms Adora swung her large tail back and whipped it, the end snapping across the back of the Warden's neck and right side of his face roughly. She rather enjoyed the sickening sound it made, echoing around them as she snickered and slithered down into the water and out of sight. Of course she lingered close by but she stayed submerged just in case the man woke with a vengeance, now transformed as an alligator as her body stayed in its alert state.

User Image

OCC:

vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger
Ragnarok_Akumachi
Nine1122

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:13 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

User Image

The Warden

The warden had awoken shortly after his fellow guard had rushed into the depths, it had been far too late to save him and so had decided to let the group of misfits sort things out amongst themselves and decide their course of action on their own. He had been hoping that Veronica would fly up the elevator shaft and but sadly they had opted for, what must have appeared to be the safer option. His plan had been to conserve strength for the time when he would surely need to overpower the group, there were far too many loose cannons in the group to assume they would all play nice and go back into their cells willingly. As they approached the spatial anomaly he had known his time for pretending was limited and when Adora attempted to push him through it it took everything in his power to resist countering her and throwing her in instead. Now was a time for formulating a plan and focusing on seeing it through. Better to appeal to the egos of the various parties and play them off each other. A plan that, in his mind, would work well in the long run. He allowed himself to be pulled past the barrier but couldn't stop himself from walking along the wall.

They sat him down in the wet on the other side of the barrier and Jayson put a voice to the groups suspicions. The spree killer was the most likely to make a show of the event, it was his MO and he had been banking on that rather than being shaken awake by Veronica, the force of which would have probably liquified his organs. What he hadn't factored in was the concept of being awoken by Adora, Jayson's long term partner in crime. It was one thing to be beaten awake or slapped about by someone intent on lording over you, but Adora presented a whole world of nightmares made worse by his own imagination and refusal to open his eyes. He heard her stalk him, her feet slosh in the water as she walked around him. Or at least he assumed it was her feet, knowing what little he did about her power it could have been anything. Then she stopped behind him, dread seeping into him as he waiting for slimy tentacles or spider legs to descend from the dark. The child inside wanting to shout out but the army veteran fighting back to keep it inside. Something touched him, quickly rising up his body and curling around his arm and shoulders he couldn't help but shiver. She hit him bringing him back to his senses and forcing him to look up at the silhouettes of his captors. The light now pointed in his face. He didn't speak, just waited for them to make the first move.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:08 am
Jacob Freeman

If his intention was the same when he made the deal with Paul as it was when he made the deal with the Warden, what was void? Both deals were meant to end with the death of the person making it. By the technicality logic Naomi was presenting, the only way for Jacob to get out was to kill the warden because that was what he had intended from the deal. The problem, the real problem, was that the criminally insane did not typically follow logic. When Jayson said he was foiled again, Jacob made a clicking sound with his mouth and fired two finger guns at him. "Better luck next time." He said before watching Naomi move to the barrier. He wondered if she was going to explode. He somewhat hoped she might. It would look interesting. She didn't. Bummer. So he moved along and followed her. The grouped crossed and Jayson woke the Warden. Well Jayson's girlfriend woke the Warden and Jacob watched from the back.

Ragnarok_Akumachi

vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:12 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Naomi Watch
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Naomi gave a small sigh of relief as she successfully made it to the other side of the strange shimmering light with all her limbs attached. Sure, she could regrow them, but it still hurt like a mother. "I'm going to see what's down here." She announced before skipping down the hall, taking her green glow with her. This left the group with only Jayson's flashlight for the moment. She disappeared around the corner and after a couple of minutes returned to see the Warden had his eyes open now. "Hey Warden, what's with the pit and the heavy-duty doors? Actually, what's with this whole basement situation and that shimmery thing?" She looked around for a second before adding on, "What happened to Adora?"

February 30th 2013

Ragnarok_Akumachi
vortex2365
Nine1122
Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:41 am
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

User Image

The Warden

He was not in a good spot, nestled in between three psychopaths and an alligator, but there was no reason to be hasty. He waited until the members of the group has reconvened and then a little longer to see if he could get away with it. "This is the old prison, a sunken building concreted over and then had an exact replica built on top." Built probably hadn't been the correct word, it had grown out of the ground. If he wasn't powered, he wouldn't have believed it was possible. Government contractors. "It's a little bigger than a basement." He clarified. "It was sunk quite violently, so that might explain the pit." He splashed his hand but didn't acknowledge the water at all. "Since it's a prison for deviants, such as yourself, there are a lot of heavy duty doors." He answered without really answering, but slowly, drawing out time to think. As he spoke he scanned their faces, looking at Jacob for a fraction longer than the others, wondering if it was just coincidence he was there with them. Thanks to Naomi he knew there wasn't a point trying to run on ahead, better to bide his time and play them off against each other until they could get back to the surface and he could have them restrained. He would have to start slow, so began from a position of assumed power. "What's your next plan? I think it would be in everyone's best interest if I place you all in custody." He raised his hand swiftly. "A verbal agreement to say you wont attempt to run away or injure me or your fellow prisoners. If my guards come down here for a rescue, they'll need reassurances that your not threats. I can give them that." No sane person would agree to that, but luckily he was dealing with egotistical maniacs and there was always the off chance that one would agree for the idea for fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:48 pm
Jacob Freeman

While the Warden talked, the mad Freeman's eyes wandered the dark. He listened but he did not see the importance. One building sitting on another. The building it was sitting on didn't make the cut. When the Warden looked at him for a second too long, Jacob's eyes locked on him and did not waver. Wide eyes with dark pupils, expanded by the darkness around them. He asked what their plan was and suggested he place them in custody. Jacob laughed at him. The Warden said it would enable him to provide his guards with assurances and he laughed again. "You're gonna do that anyways, it's not hard, it's called lying." Jacob said with a little whimsy in his voice.
"Why would we agree to anything you suggest other than the door out? You're little agreements are the only reason you're still alive."

Ragnarok_Akumachi

vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Elsa Amora

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:59 am
User Image

User Image

Adora lay still in the distance, her vision clear even under the water she was submerged in. Her gaze never broke off the man they called the Warden. She was busy studying his movements, the way he spoke, the way he held himself even in the situation he was in now. He held confidence, something resembling a smug arrogance to be honest. He clearly knew the position he was in. But he also knew he held power, in some way, regardless of if he was outnumbered. They all still had their neck cuffs on, which meant he still technically had control over them. She was the only wildcard here, so to speak. The man already most likely knew of her, given she and Jayson did most, if not all, of their shenanigans together. This meant he had to be well versed, in some way, on her skill and possibly even her thought process of how she went about things. She'd need to be careful around him, much more than she'd already been around these strangers here. If he had even the slightest chance of turning them all on her she'd be in trouble. Even if she could slip free by turning into a fly, or something along those lines, she still wouldn't get free without scars. And where would that leave Jayson? She wouldn't fight him. And if she escaped she had no knowledge of knowing if she'd be able to locate him again. The Warden would already have knowledge of her motive. He'd lock Jayson away in the depths of this place heavily guarded, or somewhere off the grid where she couldn't locate any intel. Yes, she'd need to be very careful.

Her thick tail swayed slowly at the thoughts tumbling through her mind. She had a lot to take into account, more than she'd liked. But she couldn't be hidden forever, especially if they were going to use this man to find their escape. Backing away, enough that her tail pressed against the cold wall opposite of the Warden and on the other side of the group, she turned back into her normal self and crossed her arms as she leaned against the wall. Her eyes locked on the Warden, she had no time to amuse anyone else's mention of her and instead sided with Jacob. "Why would any of them trust you? Instead of attempting to bargain let's get him up and moving. We need to get out before whatever we thought we saw or heard decides to come back for us." To be honest, she really wanted to find a way out without him. But, knowing he was the only lead they all had in hopes of getting those collars off, she couldn't really just say kill him and be done with it. Unfortunately, they needed his help. Jayson needed his help. And so, she begrudgingly needed it as well. But that didn't mean she would trust him in the slightest. She'd keep her distance, and she'd be ready to strike.

User Image

OCC:

vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger
Ragnarok_Akumachi
Nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:14 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Naomi Watch
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"If it's a replica then the main cell block should be behind that door." Naomi mused out loud. She spent a good deal of time exploring the main prison upstairs, though it had a lot fewer pits and shimmering swirling light dust things. Suddenly inspiration hit Naomi. She starting feeling around in the murky water while the Warden kept talking.

Jacob and Adora were quick to turn down the Warden's offer, which Naomi found a bit surprising. In a room full of criminals you would think at least one of them would agree with plans to double-cross the Warden at a convenient time. At the very least negotiate for time off their sentences. "If they kill us, he'll have to do a whole bunch of paperwork and an investigation no one wants to deal with that. With the contracts, no one is gonna believe I tried to escape and my Dad will be all over his a**. How about some time off if we are nice to you?" Officially Naomi was studying abroad or something to save the family name. Unofficially Daddy was trying the scared straight program. "Ah-ha!" She announced triumphantly, holding up a sizable rock in the air like a trophy. Then she tossed into the swirling light.

February 30th 2013

Ragnarok_Akumachi
vortex2365
Nine1122
Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Ragnarok Akumachi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Veronica Tyler

vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger

Ragnarok_Akumachi

Nine1122

Elsa Amora

After putting down the warden as instructed, Veronica kept back. She felt lost as before but went with the flow of the room. She looked around. She also kept to herself when everyone was just talking and speaking their minds on everything, it was untill the warden woke up speaking and offering a deal for everyone. While most have refused the deal, the comments Naomi said did offer up a point. On one hand he is indeed lying and cannot be trusted, considering how long he was doing his job for, he should know how to handle a situation like this, and probably knows how to counter deals and trick us all. On the other hand; All of Veronica's stuff is here and including some important items were here and didn't want to leave them and the counter agreement of getting time off does sound promising. Also factoring in what Veronica would call good behavior she should get some more time off aswell. After thinking about it, she says "If and only if there is a promise for time off, preferably 10 years, I might be willing to consider it.  
Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff