Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[5e] Fallout interest Check

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 pm
War never changes...

I am wondering if there would be any interest if I developed a 5e version of Fallout. Or a d20 Modern version

Thinking about combining class and race in one hybrid group(instead of the two that is base 5e); Ghouls, Humans, and Super Mutants. At the moment, still hazy on what I will do with magic, robots, and feats.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:11 pm
I have never played any of the fallout games, so my knowledge on them is very limited, but perhaps Starfinder would be a good system to adopt for that kind of game since it has all the modern and futuristic weapons and technology. You could just cut out the magic classes and spaceships and such and make up the fallout races.

I've been contemplating ruing a Starfinder game myself but I'm not sure if I should do that or focus on one of my other two homebrew projects.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 pm
I'm interested to know more.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:31 am
Kow: I looked at Starfinder and the weapons are more futuristic than what is in the Fallout universe(which is more modern ballistics, with laser and plasma weapons just entering the scene). Which was why d20 Modern was an option for the Fallout game... I just like 5e for some odd reason, despite it means more work for me.

You could do a small Starfinder game as you are developing your homebrews. I often find taking your mind off of a task, helps that task.

Rag:
I want to include Luck, as a stat. As a small bonus/penalty to all things, a possible save for Crit-Fails and a few other things are bouncing around my head.

Chems and stimpacks, would probably take a from of a spell
Cure wounds for stimpacks, haste for Jet...etc,etc,etc and something for Rad-away and Rad-X

I want to add perks and traits, but they are how they would work is air-borne at the moment.

Currently; I am working on the Ghoul's classes so I hope to have at-least an example in a few days.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Traits are almost always a 'bonus to x, penalty to y' type thing. Perks, however, I hope you go with FONV style over FO4. FO4 was just 'do x percent more' where New Vegas had FUN things that could happen.

And it was all either something you picked up at a certain level or by doing certain actions. Heck, you could translate over some feats as em. I mean, in 5e, you either get stat increases or feats, so could be something like that. Course in Fallout, you have many more levels you gotta go through, so yea...

Also, I hate D20 Modern. I've tried to play it, but due to the wealth system, the Dilettante was just overpowered.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:08 pm
I liked New Vegas' and 3rd perks, and they were what I am drawing insperation from.

Though, I would probably start out a 5 level cap, due to the work load, and expand from there.

Was the wealth system the only thing you didn't like in Modern? To me D20 system sounded like a remake of D&D 3rd edition...

Rain Yupa

Can I get a subforum for this build?  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:30 pm
Aside from that... honestly, something about it just felt bad. Can't really tell you much aside from that though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:19 pm
Hammer every problem nail.

I mean isn't Fallout based on a gurps system anyways? Seems to me you're creating unnecessary work for yourself.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:22 pm
It was originally going to be, but then the makers of GURPS decided to go 'you know, ******** that thing' and told em they couldn't use it. So that's why they made the SPECIAL system and all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:54 pm
If there was another way, I would take it... but aside from a two home-brewed rps(one completely home-brewed and based largely on the games I didn't play, and the other was a remake of the as an add-on to d20 modern)

I never got a chance to play a d20 modern game, I just know, from a reading point of view, I wanted them to update it to 4e, or 5e. Sadly, they never did...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:15 pm
savage worlda and gurps have systems for it  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 pm
I haven't looked at Starfinder yet myself, but that may be something to poke at.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 am
Raganui Minamoto
I haven't looked at Starfinder yet myself, but that may be something to poke at.

Eh, having played it for a few months now it's been frustrating to play as it suffers from being constantly unclear.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:29 pm
I would be interested in a Homebrewed Fallout game,  

Overly Manly Man

Original Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out