Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Pokemon games Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 pm
Who here has played Pokemon and what was your favorite of the entire series? Game name, not generation number please and thank you.

I played Pokemon and currently I love the one that I am playing now Pokemon Ultra Moon. I will have a better idea of what one my favorite is after I play Pokemon Ultra sun.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:55 am
I haven't played Pokémon Ultra Moon yet but I LOVED Pokémon Moon! I love the gameplay.
My other favorites are Fire Red and Original Blue.
I've logged about 270 hours into Fire Red. The only Pokémon I'm missing from the original dex is Tauros I think. heart  

Beccan34

Anxious Regular

24,850 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Fusion Master 1000

Iunacat

Adorable Master

7,975 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:44 pm
I played Pokemon diamond. one of my favorite games. ( its the only one I've played) My favorite Pokemon is ponyta in my game. But my brother has plat and he has ralts. so he traded me. And ralts is my all time favorite!! mostly at its last evolutions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Nice! Ultra Moon has a lot of new features that the original moon didn't have. I am now in post game, but I am still finding lots of new features.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:57 pm
I've played a lot of the games.

I really enjoyed Omega Ruby (or did I play AS?). I loved the dexnav feature where grass would shake, and you'd see the pokemon type, hold item, possible IVs, etc. And get hidden abilities... LOVED IT.

I played Pokemon Moon and really enjoyed it. I like a lot of the new features and menu shortcuts that we finally got. And the format made it feel more like an RPG (in a good way). I missed having the ORAS dexnav feature. ; o; ... I know you can chain the wild pokemon to get a chance at boosted stats and hidden abilities. I miss being told all of that info before the battle tho. I got spoiled. u -u;

And o: I currently enjoy (still) playing Pokemon Go. I mainly play it when I'm in line at the store or just.. killing time in similar situations. It's exhilarating to open the app and see a snorlax just hanging out at the grocery store. XD <3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 pm
Does Pokemon Go count? xd

Heheh yes I play that, I also like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeons where you play as a pokemon 4laugh  

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 pm
I played Black, X, Alpha Sapphire, and Sun (basically if you pay one of the two games you don't need to play the other- the story is the same except there's a couple exclusive pokemon on each side(except Ruby and Sapphir where there's two bad guy teams and the big one differs from the two games))

My favorite was Sun, because best plot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:06 am
I played Gen 1-3, stopped and came back to playing the games by Gen 6.

My collection includes Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Saphire, Leaf Green, Emarald, X, Y, OR, AS and Sun for the main games. Pkmn Pinball, TCG (the first GameBoy version) and Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. sweatdrop

Pkmn is love, Pkmn is life my real life exit strategy and coping mechanism. ninja

I really like the Mystery Dungeon series, although I do not like the later Gens of that particular series. It's basically Pokemon DnD...not on paper.

As for the main game series, I really like every game I played so far. Newer generation are mostly better and Gen 6&7 set a new goal for the next game, IMO. Sadly, US/UM will be the last "GameBoy" games AFAIK and I will not buy the Switch or any newer console. Then again staying in Kalos/Hoenn/Alola and let my Pkmn breed like the animals they are...that will suffice for me.

Also I have a "living dex" on Pokemon Bank. That means I own at least 1 copy of each Pokemon there -> whenever I restart a game the dex is 100% complete 5 minutes after I get the dex. rofl "Your life time work, professor? Yeah, completed it already. Git gut, ya scrub!"  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:21 am
Marc Gosgosh
I played Gen 1-3, stopped and came back to playing the games by Gen 6.

My collection includes Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Saphire, Leaf Green, Emarald, X, Y, OR, AS and Sun for the main games. Pkmn Pinball, TCG (the first GameBoy version) and Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. sweatdrop

Pkmn is love, Pkmn is life my real life exit strategy and coping mechanism. ninja

I really like the Mystery Dungeon series, although I do not like the later Gens of that particular series. It's basically Pokemon DnD...not on paper.

As for the main game series, I really like every game I played so far. Newer generation are mostly better and Gen 6&7 set a new goal for the next game, IMO. Sadly, US/UM will be the last "GameBoy" games AFAIK and I will not buy the Switch or any newer console. Then again staying in Kalos/Hoenn/Alola and let my Pkmn breed like the animals they are...that will suffice for me.

Also I have a "living dex" on Pokemon Bank. That means I own at least 1 copy of each Pokemon there -> whenever I restart a game the dex is 100% complete 5 minutes after I get the dex. rofl "Your life time work, professor? Yeah, completed it already. Git gut, ya scrub!"

Please do not use gen numbers in your answer because I won't know what the hell you are talking about.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:24 am
Rin Kairiu
I played Black, X, Alpha Sapphire, and Sun (basically if you pay one of the two games you don't need to play the other- the story is the same except there's a couple exclusive pokemon on each side(except Ruby and Sapphir where there's two bad guy teams and the big one differs from the two games))

Ultra sun you'll like a lot more because it has more detail to it and more storyline. Plus you get a chance to beat all the teams once you beat the elite four. I passed Pokemon Ultra Moon.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 am
ancantsia
Does Pokemon Go count? xd

Heheh yes I play that, I also like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeons where you play as a pokemon 4laugh

Yes, Pokemon Go counts if its your favorite.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:37 am
empress dee
Rin Kairiu

Ultra sun you'll like a lot more because it has more detail to it and more storyline. Plus you get a chance to beat all the teams once you beat the elite four. I passed Pokemon Ultra Moon.

It's only for the switch, though, sadly... so I can't get it. crying  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:55 pm
Rin Kairiu
empress dee
Rin Kairiu

Its for the Nintendo 3ds because I have it.

I also have pokemon ultra sun.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:56 pm
empress dee
Rin Kairiu
empress dee
Rin Kairiu

It is? Awesome!  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 pm
Rin Kairiu
empress dee
Rin Kairiu
empress dee
Rin Kairiu

It is? Awesome!

As far as I know, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be the last 3DS games. The following game(s) will be for the Switch and later consoles.

empress dee
Please do not use gen numbers in your answer because I won't know what the hell you are talking about.

I would have thought someone into Pokemon and especially into Pokemon games would know this. lol

Red/Blue/Green/Yellow - Generation 1
Gold/Silver/Crystal - Generation 2
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green - Generation 3
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/ HeartGold/ SoulSilver - Generation 4
Black/White/Black2/White2 - Generation 5
X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - Generation 6
Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - Generation 7  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash