Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
My name is empressdee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:56 pm
Ebania
    Hi there, Dee! Thanks for speaking up; glad to have you here!

Yeah, running guilds can be tough. I would know. I've noticed an overall lull in participation over the past few months -- I attribute it to the academic year, I guess, and I wonder if it's a site-wide phenomenon, or one unique to guilds, or one unique to the NSTG. I think the hardest part is convincing newbies to stay on Gaia, let alone in the guild, so many of our regulars are extra-generous veterans who are always willing to lend a hand.

We're always looking for guilds to affiliate with and to host Towns parties in conjunction with; if this interests you, feel free to PM me at any time!

I did try the affiliates thing once, but it didn't work out that great at the time. I had thought about doing that again, but if I am going to, I am going to need to figure out what it is that is going to make the guilds that I have unique. The members would probably look at my guilds and run thinking that its too much of a mess, but what I need is someone to help me clean them up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:10 pm
Auriga La Shock
empress dee
Auriga La Shock
empress dee

Ohh I take it you really like RPs? I haven't joined one in ages

Yes, I really do like RPs, but I have limitations when it comes to it. The one liners rp is a good type to join if you're a beginner.

I also really like Pokemon lately, so by posting progress is one other thing I really like doing.

I've actually never played a Pokemon game before xD

Well, the first thing you need to know about them, besides what the professors in the games will tell you is that in most games you are going to need to collect 8 badges. If you are playing the most recent 4 games, you are collecting z crystals and you are completing trials.

The games have two main goals:

1. Complete the pokedex - a tough task to do, but its the easiest to make progress with.

2. Collect badges/ z crystals - for the most part this helps you complete the story mode of the game.

One game that is different from these is Pokemon Go where its just a Pokemon safari. You are to find pokemon stops in the real world by actually going outside and looking for them and collecting the pokemon that pop up by tossing pokeballs at them. When your bag gets full toss the useless items and when your pokemon section gets full, send the weakest pokemon to the professor.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:12 pm
    I think you're doing the right thing to consider cleaning up house and establishing a solid foundation before attempting to branch out. Do you have any friends who would be willing to help you? Are there organizations like the Gaia Job Center (don't know if it's still active) where you can recruit potential crewmembers, or even just hire someone to help clear out a guild alongside you?

empress dee
    I did try the affiliates thing once, but it didn't work out that great at the time. I had thought about doing that again, but if I am going to, I am going to need to figure out what it is that is going to make the guilds that I have unique. The members would probably look at my guilds and run thinking that its too much of a mess, but what I need is someone to help me clean them up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm
Ebania
    I think you're doing the right thing to consider cleaning up house and establishing a solid foundation before attempting to branch out. Do you have any friends who would be willing to help you? Are there organizations like the Gaia Job Center (don't know if it's still active) where you can recruit potential crewmembers, or even just hire someone to help clear out a guild alongside you?

empress dee

Thats the thing I have no friends that can help me do that. But, I was kind of hoping that someone in either our village or here could help me do that.

First, I would need to get rid of most of the threads since they died. The only ones I keep that I know are still good are the pokemon ones in the Renaissance Galaxy guild.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:33 pm
    Got it. I wish you the best of luck on your search for a partner in this endeavor! I'm always excited to see others excited about guilds.

empress dee
    Thats the thing I have no friends that can help me do that. But, I was kind of hoping that someone in either our village or here could help me do that.

First, I would need to get rid of most of the threads since they died. The only ones I keep that I know are still good are the pokemon ones in the Renaissance Galaxy guild.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:37 pm
Ebania
    Got it. I wish you the best of luck on your search for a partner in this endeavor! I'm always excited to see others excited about guilds.

empress dee

Thanks! I think the first step I can handle solo, but its the rebuild that is going to really be the tough part.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 pm
It's not just the Guilds R not as active, It's the whole Gaia, I remember when there was over 100,000 ppl at a time, not bout the most I see is about 6,000 online here...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:35 pm
empress dee

Thanks. And yeah, I noticed a decrease in activity in most guilds. I am glad I am just one member who likes posting in guilds.

I started out in guilds... so I tend to stick to them. XD

That's good that you have a plan for the rebuild. What has been most popular about your guilds that the members liked? I think that sounds like a good place to focus on.

And the pokemon threads.. what has made those the most popular?

Are you sure that you want to keep all of them running at one time? Like, maybe focus on rebuilding one guild at a time. .... That was kind of the downfall of my second guild. I had an active thread so I made a guild that all the users could post in. It spread it out too thin... not everyone checked both the guild and the thread for posts... so it made conversations in both places fizzle out. (But I was also guilty of not checking both places daily either, due to lack of time.)
I know that's not exactly the same situation that you have... but I'd think it'd be easier to focus your attention on one guild (at first) and bring a bustling community back... than by spreading yourself thin, trying to get users interested in many guilds. When XD; it can be difficult to get people posting in just one guild.  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:39 am
sdrawkcab
empress dee

Thanks. And yeah, I noticed a decrease in activity in most guilds. I am glad I am just one member who likes posting in guilds.

I started out in guilds... so I tend to stick to them. XD

That's good that you have a plan for the rebuild. What has been most popular about your guilds that the members liked? I think that sounds like a good place to focus on.

And the pokemon threads.. what has made those the most popular?

Are you sure that you want to keep all of them running at one time? Like, maybe focus on rebuilding one guild at a time. .... That was kind of the downfall of my second guild. I had an active thread so I made a guild that all the users could post in. It spread it out too thin... not everyone checked both the guild and the thread for posts... so it made conversations in both places fizzle out. (But I was also guilty of not checking both places daily either, due to lack of time.)
I know that's not exactly the same situation that you have... but I'd think it'd be easier to focus your attention on one guild (at first) and bring a bustling community back... than by spreading yourself thin, trying to get users interested in many guilds. When XD; it can be difficult to get people posting in just one guild.

I plan to clean up my guilds first no matter what and have a place for the dead threads. But then, I plan on focusing only on the Renaissance Galaxy guild to start.

The thing is... subforums cost so much now and I don't have that kind of gold yet. So, I think there has been some improvements with how guilds are made, but it makes them tougher to build.

I guess my priority should be build up the guild bank until I have enough gold to build that one subforum I need.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:50 am
I've begun doing a guild clean up of the Renaissance Galaxy guild. Check your guilds list and if you are in that guild, please either PM me and tell me what you liked about the guild, what you want to see improved in the guild, and how your Christmas went or preferrably post somewhere in the guild so that I can say that you are still interested.

I have PMed Gothloli-chan, linda50, and Caim Lionheart to reply to me by next saturday. If any of these three don't reply to me by then, they will be removed from my guild due to inactivity.

It is understandable how life gets in the way, but to not hear from anyone save for one person in like years, it means that something has got to change.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:40 pm
empress dee
I've begun doing a guild clean up of the Renaissance Galaxy guild. Check your guilds list and if you are in that guild, please either PM me and tell me what you liked about the guild, what you want to see improved in the guild, and how your Christmas went or preferrably post somewhere in the guild so that I can say that you are still interested.

I have PMed Gothloli-chan, linda50, and Caim Lionheart to reply to me by next saturday. If any of these three don't reply to me by then, they will be removed from my guild due to inactivity.

It is understandable how life gets in the way, but to not hear from anyone save for one person in like years, it means that something has got to change.

Keeping Our Village clean has been a goal of mine from the time I changed its name to Our Village. If there's any way I can help you with your guild, let me know. Deleting or moving threads is easy, especially when many hands make light work. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:28 am
JoyRose
empress dee

Keeping Our Village clean has been a goal of mine from the time I changed its name to Our Village. If there's any way I can help you with your guild, let me know. Deleting or moving threads is easy, especially when many hands make light work. wink

That would be awesome, but remember you are one of the members of my guild and you gotta start posting in it too. What I want to do first is create a subforum where all the inactive threads go. But it is so expensive for a subforum.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:38 pm
empress dee

I plan to clean up my guilds first no matter what and have a place for the dead threads. But then, I plan on focusing only on the Renaissance Galaxy guild to start.

The thing is... subforums cost so much now and I don't have that kind of gold yet. So, I think there has been some improvements with how guilds are made, but it makes them tougher to build.

I guess my priority should be build up the guild bank until I have enough gold to build that one subforum I need.

Sweet. Yeah~ it definitely sounds like you've got the right plans.
I'd love to help, but XD; I've been neglecting my own threads due to lack of time. <.<; So if/when I find spare time, I need to get back to them.

Edit;
I wondered what you were talking about.
Okay so XD; Guilds are definitely glitched right now.
Subforums cost 25 million gold or 2 platinum
If you have that in your guild bank account, it will work.

And... to donate, donate in platinum. Donating in gold was awful, cuz it only accepts 999,999 gold at a time. x ----x; So my first test was in gold... and I donated that 25 times to get enough in the account. XDDD
But I tried platinum afterward... and easily donated 100 platinum (1 billion gold). And when I had enough money in the account, I didn't get that horrible broken warning about needing a s**t ton of platinum. x ---x  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 am
sdrawkcab
empress dee

Sweet. Yeah~ it definitely sounds like you've got the right plans.
I'd love to help, but XD; I've been neglecting my own threads due to lack of time. <.<; So if/when I find spare time, I need to get back to them.

Edit;
I wondered what you were talking about.
Okay so XD; Guilds are definitely glitched right now.
Subforums cost 25 million gold or 2 platinum
If you have that in your guild bank account, it will work.

And... to donate, donate in platinum. Donating in gold was awful, cuz it only accepts 999,999 gold at a time. x ----x; So my first test was in gold... and I donated that 25 times to get enough in the account. XDDD
But I tried platinum afterward... and easily donated 100 platinum (1 billion gold). And when I had enough money in the account, I didn't get that horrible broken warning about needing a s**t ton of platinum. x ---x

Yeah, the sucky thing is it has to be in gold for now. But thanks for the tip.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 am
Advertsing the Renaissance Galaxy guild by explaining the subforums 1 by 1.

The first subforum in that guild is called Randomland. And, as the name suggests, its where random topics go. I found this really neat thread in there about how to make vegetables taste more interesting. The other one that is still "alive" is called "movies". And in that thread you tell everyone about a recent movie you saw without giving away too many spoilers.

The second subforum is called dreams and for those who remember their dreams at night can type their dream sagas there.  
☆ Introductions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff