Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
My name is empressdee Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 pm
Hi! I have been with this guild for a while now, but haven't really taken part in it that much. I am a captain of many guilds, so feel free to ask me questions about them here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:04 pm
Nice to meet ya. Gotta love guilds. <3  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:31 pm
sdrawkcab

Yep, I sure do. I need activity in them though. Thats why I am going to be recruiting.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:09 pm
empress dee
Hi! I have been with this guild for a while now, but haven't really taken part in it that much. I am a captain of many guilds, so feel free to ask me questions about them here.

Hullo ^^ What guilds do you run?  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,550 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:19 pm
Auriga La Shock
empress dee

One of the guilds that I run is called The Renaissance Galaxy guild. If you are into video games or anime, then this guild should satisfy your needs. Plus, there are role-plays in every subforum. Though you don't have to role-play if you don't want to. Every subforum is for discussion too. And its categorized into the many video games out there and anime.

If you like Harvest Moon, and roleplaying then Harvest Haven is the guild to be in. Right now, its on hiatus because all of the villagers of blue bell have run off. And as captain of the guild, which makes me mayor too, I gotta get me some villagers.

If Dragon Ball Z is more your thing, then there are two guilds that I have. The Ultimate DBZ Guild and Dragon Ball Z and Empress Dee. In the Ultimate DBZ guild I am looking for someone who knows DBZ and is willing to work with me on creating a new storyline to help boost the guild and make it more active. In Dragon Ball Z and empress dee, that guild is where Vegeta is my husband and we are looking to create a guild of saiyans.

I have more guilds, but those are what I really want to work on at the moment.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:34 pm
empress dee
Auriga La Shock
empress dee

One of the guilds that I run is called The Renaissance Galaxy guild. If you are into video games or anime, then this guild should satisfy your needs. Plus, there are role-plays in every subforum. Though you don't have to role-play if you don't want to. Every subforum is for discussion too. And its categorized into the many video games out there and anime.

If you like Harvest Moon, and roleplaying then Harvest Haven is the guild to be in. Right now, its on hiatus because all of the villagers of blue bell have run off. And as captain of the guild, which makes me mayor too, I gotta get me some villagers.

If Dragon Ball Z is more your thing, then there are two guilds that I have. The Ultimate DBZ Guild and Dragon Ball Z and Empress Dee. In the Ultimate DBZ guild I am looking for someone who knows DBZ and is willing to work with me on creating a new storyline to help boost the guild and make it more active. In Dragon Ball Z and empress dee, that guild is where Vegeta is my husband and we are looking to create a guild of saiyans.

Oh gosh, so many. How do you ever manage juggling all those? lol  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,550 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 pm
Auriga La Shock
empress dee
Auriga La Shock
empress dee

Oh gosh, so many. How do you ever manage juggling all those? lol

well, right now, they are dead, so pretty easy. But I do check them all the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 pm
empress dee
[

well, right now, they are dead, so pretty easy. But I do check them all the time.

Ah, that's a shame. It can be hard to maintain those sort of things  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,550 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Auriga La Shock
empress dee
[

Ah, that's a shame. It can be hard to maintain those sort of things

I agree, but I think it was just that time passed, people grew up and moved on and now its time to look for new people to help revive a few of the guilds that had died.

My Renaissance Galaxy guild may look big, but it has no active people. Lately, I've been putting my pokemon information in there to the many games that I play as a sort of walkthrough and to give some people an idea of what can be found on certain routes in certain games and how often they appear.

I haven't yet done my ultra moon game, but I might do that for Ultra sun.

One nice role-play that is popular in the Our Village guild (Our village is run by JoyRose), is called King of Fighters one liners. The thing about this role play is that you don't need to know a thing about the king of fighters. Just play as whatever character you want. But, just know at the start of the RP you are found on the third floor of a giant mansion.

And because its a one liners RP, you don't need to put a whole lot of text in order to move your character just as long as its a minimum of one line.

The world of the mansion is where you meet all these animated characters such as Goku from Dragon Ball Z or Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto. It'd be nice to have those characters played by others, but for the sake of the RP in Our Village I play them. Well, either me or Terry Bogard or Andy Bogard.

I am hoping to do something similar in my own Renaissance Galaxy guild, but I gotta get it active again first.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:58 pm
empress dee

Ohh I take it you really like RPs? I haven't joined one in ages  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,550 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 am
Auriga La Shock
empress dee

Yes, I really do like RPs, but I have limitations when it comes to it. The one liners rp is a good type to join if you're a beginner.

I also really like Pokemon lately, so by posting progress is one other thing I really like doing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:43 pm
empress dee
Auriga La Shock
empress dee

Yes, I really do like RPs, but I have limitations when it comes to it. The one liners rp is a good type to join if you're a beginner.

I also really like Pokemon lately, so by posting progress is one other thing I really like doing.

I've actually never played a Pokemon game before xD  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,550 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:23 pm
    Hi there, Dee! Thanks for speaking up; glad to have you here!

Yeah, running guilds can be tough. I would know. I've noticed an overall lull in participation over the past few months -- I attribute it to the academic year, I guess, and I wonder if it's a site-wide phenomenon, or one unique to guilds, or one unique to the NSTG. I think the hardest part is convincing newbies to stay on Gaia, let alone in the guild, so many of our regulars are extra-generous veterans who are always willing to lend a hand.

We're always looking for guilds to affiliate with and to host Towns parties in conjunction with; if this interests you, feel free to PM me at any time!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:43 pm
empress dee
sdrawkcab

Yep, I sure do. I need activity in them though. Thats why I am going to be recruiting.

Oh totally. @ .@ I haven't run an active guild in years.
And it was back when it was easy. XD
I ran one of those polling guilds full of polls... back when answering polls was lucrative. <.<;
So the guild was always full of new threads and people chatting. It was easy to retain active guild members.

But also XD whenever it would die down to, like, ten active members... We'd just do a new spree of random invites in the CB. And gain a ton of fresh faces. We'd have about 60 users... that'd slowly drop to around 30 - 35 active members. It became a general hangout guild for a few years after polls weren't worth it anymore. And then just... died. But I didn't have time to run that guild anymore either so it worked out.

Good luck with the recruiting.
Guilds have had less activity for years now... but I think it's because Gaia has less active people posting in general...  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm
sdrawkcab
empress dee
sdrawkcab

Oh totally. @ .@ I haven't run an active guild in years.
And it was back when it was easy. XD
I ran one of those polling guilds full of polls... back when answering polls was lucrative. <.<;
So the guild was always full of new threads and people chatting. It was easy to retain active guild members.

But also XD whenever it would die down to, like, ten active members... We'd just do a new spree of random invites in the CB. And gain a ton of fresh faces. We'd have about 60 users... that'd slowly drop to around 30 - 35 active members. It became a general hangout guild for a few years after polls weren't worth it anymore. And then just... died. But I didn't have time to run that guild anymore either so it worked out.

Good luck with the recruiting.
Guilds have had less activity for years now... but I think it's because Gaia has less active people posting in general...

Thanks. And yeah, I noticed a decrease in activity in most guilds. I am glad I am just one member who likes posting in guilds.  
☆ Introductions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff