Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fire Emblem D&D 4ed Homebrew

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:01 pm
Just curious if there would be enough interest to develop and play this.

Would be using a heavily modified version of 4th ed for this.

Races will consist of humans and the FE animal/human races.

Classes would be based off of FE classes and would decide your class features and an selectable utilities and dailies.

Your equipped weapon would determine your at-will and encounter attack powers.

Powers would mostly consist of ones I re-skinned from 4e with slight modifications.

Healing would work a little differently with healers being able to cast small at-will standard action healing spells and larger encounter standard action healing spells.

Healing surge system will be gone.

I am not planning on using Feats, at least not at first, as those will take a lot more time to re-work.

I will be using intrinsic bonuses for leveling. Magic items will be rare and will mostly consist of nifty wondrous items.

If people would like I could use the pathfinder skill system in lieu of 4th ed as I always felt it was a little too limited.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:57 am
Having only played one of the games, I am interested  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:27 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Cool, which skill system would you prefer? The 4ed skills or Pathfinder. I guess if I used the 4ed skill I could use the 4ed mythweaver sheet for character creation.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:10 pm
Kowsauni
SCN_ Grey_fox

Cool, which skill system would you prefer? The 4ed skills or Pathfinder. I guess if I used the 4ed skill I could use the 4ed mythweaver sheet for character creation.

Are you talking using the skills from pathfinder, and applying the 4e system to them, or the "X+Int to skill ranks"?

If skills to 4e part, modify the Character sheet(I stole from Rain's Goblins game and used for Ruin) would be easy, and then you can use Mythweaver's sheeet for ease of numbers crunchy... just longer...

If the "X+Int" part, I accurally hated that part. It is one of the parts, I like they took out of 4e... sweatdrop

Edit: either way, If you would like some help. I will be glad to offer it.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:04 pm
Hmm I see. My main beef with 4edition skills is they felt limited. I liked the greater diversity of skills in pathfinder such having Appraise, Survival, Profession skills, etc but I guess I could just add those skills and keep the 4th ed way of gaining skill points.

Just curious what FE game did you play?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 pm
I agree with the diversity part, I just disliked that you had to put a decent number in intelligence, or you really couldn't help the team outside of combat(or are forced to, become the one trick pony...)

Awakening, with the time traveling kids(Morgan, Lucina, Nowi, Chrom, and many others). I also played a demo of Fates...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces