Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Battletech: A Time of War Interest Check Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm
Here's the revised new character.

John Hawkwood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:43 pm
I don't think I have the time to GM this right now. I'm sorry for stretching this out a bit.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:28 pm
Holiday season hits everyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:59 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Holiday season hits everyone.

Cept for the brits!  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:02 pm
I'm going to try to see if I can keep at it. Infusion of things via birthday gifts has helped.

And here are some general notes about character creation.
1) No Clans. No reason to hate clans. Whoever it is who still has post Invasion era traits should request the proper affiliation from me.

2) SPAs. The Rulebook states that SPAs are generally unavailable for starting characters. WIth this in mind, those of you who have taken SPAs should take all of your skills in the MechWarrior field and average them. If the result is +5, then you may have one SPA. If the result is +6, then you may have two. SPAs can be gained in gameplay normally.

3) Call me what you will, but I do have concerns about the numbers of 1s in certain character's attributes. I'm not against anyone having a frail character if they wish, but if I randomly roll "Dropship crud" or such for a random travelling encounter, it will be a bit of a pain to replace a character.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Double checking that you are looking at the final draft.
I do have 1 edge and charisma.
Not sure what a SPA is.
I replaced clan hate with House Liao hate.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:52 am
Plainsfox
2) SPAs. The Rulebook states that SPAs are generally unavailable for starting characters. WIth this in mind, those of you who have taken SPAs should take all of your skills in the MechWarrior field and average them. If the result is +5, then you may have one SPA. If the result is +6, then you may have two. SPAs can be gained in gameplay normally.

I missed thqat bit aobut SPA not being availing at character creation, shame. When you say MechWarrior field, do you mean Gunnery/Mech, Piloting/ Mech? Or do you mean gunnery, piloting, sensor operation, tactics, technician, as listed in the military career field for MechWarrior.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:58 am
SPA=Special Pilot abilities. They start on page 219. Yes, I do mean all field skills, It does make them a bit easier to get during play though.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:36 pm
I'm okay having the social skills of a potato and being unlucky. I figured I would play him like an autistic person. Genius intellect, zero idea of social normality.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:28 pm
Hmm, I adjusted Cammy but i only could keep on of the SPA's She kind of lost her favor though so I'm designing another Mech pilo tbased off of this character.

User Image

Vladlena started out as a rock band character (as some of you might recognize her outfit) and then I played her as a Barbarian in D&D. She is immensely tall towering in at 6ft 5 in (195cm) and has a cavalier rock star kind of personality, Basically the complete apposite o Cammy. She would pilot the heavy Mech Guillotine.

Once I have both I'll compare them and make my decision, since it seems like we have some time with this game.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 am
I realized I need to buy equipment. Is there any gear issued to us? From what I read we start out with 1000 credit, but a mech warrior Nero-helmet costs 900.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am
Kowsauni
I realized I need to buy equipment. Is there any gear issued to us? From what I read we start out with 1000 credit, but a mech warrior Nero-helmet costs 900.

You literally need to buy anything thats not your mech. I got told that I had to buy underwear by plainsfox.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers