Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Battletech: A Time of War Interest Check Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 pm
Ok then I guess I have to narrow it down between the Griffin and the Scorpion

Scorpion
Pros: +2 to piloting checks, can move sideways, can hide behind partial cover, has a speed of 6 and 9, has a unique look

Cons: Only 7 tons of armor, cant move and shoot its ppc without generating heat, doesn't have a lot of free tonnage(22 tons) for customization later , no jump jets (I never used jump jets in the games so I don't no how useful they are table top)

Griffin
Pros: Enough heat sinks to both move and fire PPC, 9 tons of armor, has jump jets, has more tonnage for customization later (26tons). Can rotate torso.

Cons: No short range weaponry, slower then the Scorpion, doesn't have the benefits of being a quad mech, design looks like it was ripped off from robotech/macross  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:55 pm
Funnily enough, FASA got rights from a show called Fangs of the Sun: Dougram and that's where the Shadow Hawk, Griffin, and Scorpion come from.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 pm
I'm not certain, Kowsauni. Personally, I like the idea of the Scorpion. We can find a way to add Jumps later, or perhaps upgrade the feet to allow for better scaling of inclines, so you can climb s**t we couldn't. I also feel that, being a quadruped, we could probably find more ways for it to increase it's load capacity than a bipedal. Like strapping space on top (I'm assuming that it's load problem is less actual ability to carry it and more room. Either way, if we strengthen the legs...)

Plus, it's nice having something short range you can hit with.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:32 pm
Alright I guess I'll go for the Scorpion then.

Here is Cammy's adjusted character sheet for a medium Mech.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:21 am
An admission: I don't think I'm going to be able to do much on this during Thanksgiving. IF you are all done with your characters, I can audit them and ask Rain for the forum.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:00 am
I think Cammy is ready for Audit, If we don't need to take Pilot Officer though to be a mech pilot I'm going to put hose points elsewhere.

The only other character sheet I've seen posted is PupSage's  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 am
You need to take pilot officer. It represents the absolute minimum of authority.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:30 am
I guess I need to shift things around and fit in pilot officer then ...  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 am
Gotta love when you do things by accident.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:22 pm
Kowsauni
I think Cammy is ready for Audit, If we don't need to take Pilot Officer though to be a mech pilot I'm going to put hose points elsewhere.

The only other character sheet I've seen posted is PupSage's

So like, E3 says mech warrior, but O1 is a rank higher  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:42 pm
Well ... I'm gonna overhaul a bit since I just learned a thing ... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:59 pm
PupSage

Plainsfox earlier said we can take the Pilot Officer trait from the Total Warfare book, which only costs 50 EXP, to meet the requirement to be a mech pilot. It basically means you are in charge of your vehicle and nothing else.

Otherwise in Time of War you have to spend 500 exp to reach the appropriate enlisted rank to pilot a Mech or buy the Officer Candidate School Module and spend the points to reach the appropriate officer rank, which is more exp expensive then the enlisted route.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:04 pm
Kowsauni
PupSage

Plainsfox earlier said we can take the Pilot Officer trait from the Total Warfare book, which only costs 50 EXP, to meet the requirement to be a mech pilot. It basically means you are in charge of your vehicle and nothing else.

Otherwise in Time of War you have to spend 500 exp to reach the appropriate enlisted rank to pilot a Mech or buy the Officer Candidate School Module and spend the points to reach the appropriate officer rank, which is more exp expensive then the enlisted route.

Oh good, I was trying to make it fit with 400 in rank and I became a REALLY shitty pilot because of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:48 pm
Kowsauni
PupSage

My dudes actually a officer.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:22 pm
That's cool, I just couldn't imagine Cammy being in any sort of leadership position due to her timid personality and fear of talking to people.

This is the one part though were I'm a little confused on how ranks will file in. The Time of War career paths are designed around you being part of some nation's military, which we are not. We're mercenaries, which could mean a lot of different things. Mercenaries could be nothing more then a group of hired bandits, or they could be disciplined structured military organization that hires out its soldiers for jobs.

That was why I was curious if we were going to be a bunch of independent agents brought together to do these missions, in which our rank woudln't matter. Or if we were all going to be part of some bigger Mercenary organization and we were the unit sent out to do the job, which means we would have a structured system within our group.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff