Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Battletech: A Time of War Interest Check Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:43 pm
Well, if Mongoose wants to stick with his heavy then I'll go with the Galahad but if we all decide we want to embrace being a fast raiding mech lance I'll switch to the Scorpion for sniping, hopefully putting Cammy's marksman and sharpshooter traits to good use.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:59 pm
The Ostscout rivals the Mongoose as far as scouts are concerned. The Ostscout's job is not to fight, so it's better off jumping into high cover and spotting for Raga's LRMs.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:09 pm
So, thus far we have

Mongooseh, WHM-6R Warhammer
Kowsauni, GLH-2D Galahad
Raganui Minamoto, TLS-1B Talos
Pupsage, OTT-7J Ostscout  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:45 pm
Plainsfox

What rules are we using for combat? Is it Total War or the rules in A Time of War?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:03 am
The rules in A Time of War. They lend themselves to RP better.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:25 am
If we do adjust to be a fast striking medium mech lance which do you think I should use, the Griffin or the Scorpion. Scorpion is faster, less armored and has a 6SRM to the Griffins 10LRM and lacks the jump-jets of the Griffin.

Is there advantages or disadvantages to using a Quad mech or is it mostly for flavor?

Also my eventual goal, if we haven't upgraded to bigger mechs by then, would be to strip the weapons off them and mount a gauss rifle and I don't know if one frame lends itself to that better then another as I don't know how weapon hard-points work in this system.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:13 am
Plainsfox
So, thus far we have

Mongooseh, WHM-6R Warhammer
Kowsauni, GLH-2D Galahad
Raganui Minamoto, TLS-1B Talos
Pupsage, OTT-7J Ostscout

I mean, if you will let me go mongoose, I 100% will.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:05 am
Cost of one MON-66 Mongoose
2 points (Light 'Mech)
1 point (Custom Vehicle)  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:06 am
Kowsauni
If we do adjust to be a fast striking medium mech lance which do you think I should use, the Griffin or the Scorpion. Scorpion is faster, less armored and has a 6SRM to the Griffins 10LRM and lacks the jump-jets of the Griffin.

Is there advantages or disadvantages to using a Quad mech or is it mostly for flavor?

Also my eventual goal, if we haven't upgraded to bigger mechs by then, would be to strip the weapons off them and mount a gauss rifle and I don't know if one frame lends itself to that better then another as I don't know how weapon hard-points work in this system.

Quad 'mechs gain a bonus to piloting ability due to their stability and can in certain situations use their MP more efficiently. As far as chassis go, It's more likely to plop a Gauss Rifle on a Griffin than it is a Scorpion. However, ER PPCs are a thing that could be possible later.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 am
Jun Sato

Typing up a background now.
Gotta buy equipment still

I gotta go in and edit, I did 4 pt custom vehicle. I already had 35 towards a vehicle, so I will add that towards a light mech, 400-300+35=135 exp left

Still trying to figure out how to add on a stealth system.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 am
OK.

1) Optimization pass
Traits: Buy off negative traits that don't meet their minimum level OR buy off negative traits:
Cash in positive traits that don't meet their minimum level OR buy up positive traits. Put excess points, or draw points as needed from your XP pool.

Skills: Buy down skills to the highest full level you can use them at. Buy up any skill that has experience than 20 to atleast 20. Put all excess experience into the XP pool.

Attributes: Do the same as above and then draw points from your xp pool to bring each attribute to one full point or until it meets the minimum required by skilll packages or paths.

Notes:
Custom Vehicle does not get you the vehicle, it merely determines what type of vehicle may be made available to you.
Each 'mech has their own set of quirks. Could you please choose a different disadvantage?

Also, a general note. Two points in well equipped and one in wealth should get you most of the equipment you need as a Mechwarrior.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:54 am
Plainsfox
OK.

1) Optimization pass
Traits: Buy off negative traits that don't meet their minimum level OR buy off negative traits:
Cash in positive traits that don't meet their minimum level OR buy up positive traits. Put excess points, or draw points as needed from your XP pool.

Skills: Buy down skills to the highest full level you can use them at. Buy up any skill that has experience than 20 to atleast 20. Put all excess experience into the XP pool.

Attributes: Do the same as above and then draw points from your xp pool to bring each attribute to one full point or until it meets the minimum required by skilll packages or paths.

Notes:
Custom Vehicle does not get you the vehicle, it merely determines what type of vehicle may be made available to you.
Each 'mech has their own set of quirks. Could you please choose a different disadvantage?

Also, a general note. Two points in well equipped and one in wealth should get you most of the equipment you need as a Mechwarrior.

Done.

Did some basic equipment. Still didn't see anything about doing an ECM on my mech.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 pm
Jun Sato was born under a different name that he doesn't know. At just over three years old his parents were killed in a clan attack. He was put into an orphanage in the Draconis Combine and later adopted by two mercenaries. Intially his adoption served as a ruse. They needed somebody that could find their targets without drawing suspicion. This began the development of Jun's keen vision. His new parents, Hiro and Janet Sato named him Jun, meaning obedient, and he never looked back on his old name or old life.
Eventually he went to college and learned how to operate and repair an industrial mech. As his schooling wrapped up he found a MON-66 Mongoose that was set to be scrapped in a junkyard. He bought it and worked on repairing it over several years until he had finished 3 degrees.
With his mech patched, he set out to the stars, exploring to sky and making money where he could.
He has never been sociable. He looks down on the other empires of the inner sphere. And has PTSD related to the death of his parents and the world of murder that Hiro and Janet raised him in. Still, there arn't many better scouts out there than Jun.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:19 pm
Can you have an attribute score of zero? I thought I read in the rules you have to have a score of at least one in each attribute.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:28 pm
Kowsauni
Can you have an attribute score of zero? I thought I read in the rules you have to have a score of at least one in each attribute.

Your right, pg 85  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces