Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Battletech: A Time of War Interest Check Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 am
Well I was going to take a warhammer to act like an MBT to yours and raga's mediums.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:55 am
Mongooseh
Well I was going to take a warhammer to act like an MBT to yours and raga's mediums.

He's basically gone TD, while I'm a faster medium. I say you either still take a heavy, unless you both get together and decide that we all want maneuverability over heavy plating and really big weapons.

Also

Kowsauni

Make sure to share your sheet. Google docs keeps things private unless you allow sharing.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:49 am
Ok It should be set up to share now.

Here is the link to her Character Sheet

I was contemplating giving her Glass Jaw to go with her theme of being sort of frail, but do you guys think that would be too much of a liability? I'd make her BOD a little if I did take that trait.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 pm
So, you're opting for the Galahad then?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:28 pm
Yes, At this point I am opting for the Galahad, especially if other people are going to go heavy as well. I am a little concerned at its lack of any back up weaponry if its gauss ammo run out, but perhaps that is something I can customize into the mech in the future. I definitively like it as a base platform. Here was my initial post from yesterday.

Also, what do you guys mean by TD and MBT, I don't know those acronyms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok here is Cammy's character sheet.

I put enough points in vehicle to get the Galahad but if everyone else is going to pilot fast medium mechs then I might downgrade to a Scorpion and spend those points elsewhere.

Cammy was born into a white collar background in the Rasalhague District of Draconis Combine to ethnic Rasalhagians who held no love for the house of Kurita. If things had continued as they were she probably would have grown up to be a scientist. However during her teenage years she lost her parents and her entire town in a raid that would later be attributed Lyrian Commonwealth. She fled her home planet with nothing more then a desire to get vengeance for the life she lost. She took up the life of a Mercenary after finding she had unique skills as a sharpshooter. She now looks forward to getting back at both Draconis Combine and Lyrian Commonwealth with her new contract.

Despite being a deadly sniper, Cammy herself its actually a shy quiet girl that prefers to keep to herself and read books about science in her quarters. She has a hard time speaking to anyone she doesn't personally know. Cammy also has a frail body and is ill suited as soldier. Her one saving grace is her amazing sharp shooting skills and the fact she is inside a giant metal death machine when fighting. Cammy is actually quite attractive but her ineptitude in social situations doesn't do her any favors.

A picture of Cammy as a teenager before her life got turned upside down. My wife will draw me an updated picture of her as a mech pilot in the future.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:13 pm
Kowsauni
Also, what do you guys mean by TD and MBT, I don't know those acronyms.

Tank terms. TD is Tank Destroyer. MBT is Main Battle Tank. There's other roles as well, like Scouts and Artillery. Mediums don't really have that specific role they play, being this middle ground between the heavy powerful MBTs, but heavier armored, slower, and more powerful than the light Scouts. Artillery are self-explanatory. TDs are normally heavily armored in the front and carry a big cannon. They're meant to be able to pierce armor. They normally also have a low profile, but not always. They don't have actual turrets, normally, cause most of the gun is supported by the whole vehicle.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:28 pm
OK. For the record, A typical scout/raiding 'mech walks 5 and most jump 5.
Thus far, we have a 4 walk heavy, a 4 walk medium, and a 3 walk heavy. It's going to be some interesting raiding, to be sure. It can be done though.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:36 pm
Ok, Well if you think it doesn't make sense I could go down to a Scorpion. Just really wanted to use a gauss rifle as they are the ultimate sniping weapon and one of my favorites from the game.

Also, I was curious how you are figuring out their movement?  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:57 pm
Ooookay, finally gonna put in some hours on creation tonight. Looks like we need something with high mobilty?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:21 pm
Kowsauni
Ok, Well if you think it doesn't make sense I could go down to a Scorpion. Just really wanted to use a gauss rifle as they are the ultimate sniping weapon and one of my favorites from the game.

*looks to the pile of Technical Readouts right next to him*
Sarna should have their movement listed in kmph

Also, I can hear a former GM laughing at me due to the time I took a Catapult for what was supposed to be a light force so....  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:49 pm
Plainsfox
Kowsauni

*looks to the pile of Technical Readouts right next to him*
Sarna should have their movement listed in kmph

Also, I can hear a former GM laughing at me due to the time I took a Catapult for what was supposed to be a light force so....

Ok, I was just curious how you converted it to tiles (which is what I assume you meant by walk 4 and walk 3) so its like 15 kph per tile of movement?

I honestly haven't had a chance to sit down and study how the game mechanics work and what I've read so far has only confused me.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:02 pm
10.8 kmph per each mp, IIRC

As for Gauss Rifles, you may just salvage something.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:37 pm
Only spending 2470 exp on creation Modules.

Sort of just went the "This sounds cool to RP route. Ended up with a lot of Will and Reflexes ... and bad charisma, with a whole bunch of compulsions that I think that I will buy off.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:31 pm
Plainsfox

Any opinions on an Ostscout? Seems like it will go down really easy, but its fast.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 pm
Fast is good, at times. Honestly, if someone went with a scout, they better choose something with a good sensor package and have the right skills to, well, scout. Perception, Sensor Operation, Electronic Warfare maybe. Definitely look into ECM and ECCM. Hell, if the scout can mark targets, our sniper doesn't need as much speed. Or if we have someone that can take something that has good LRMs and bombard s**t. I do enjoy artillery.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff