Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Battletech: A Time of War Interest Check Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:48 pm
I'm very curious how much it costs to get a drop ship that can carry us and our stuff (mechs and vehicles included) that we can use as a mobile base of some sort. Like the Bebop from Cowboy Bebop.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:33 pm
To allay most concerns.... you will be issued it. I will post a proper premise/recruiting thing sometime tomorrow ><  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 pm
Cool! Depending what everyone wants to play I might aim at making a pilot that provides close air support in a VTOL to everyone's mechs. Either that or try to go for either a sniper mech or tank.

Thinking about using this character as my Mechwarrior or pilot. Her name is Camellia though she goes by her nickname of Cammy. She's a shy quiet girl but quite skilled at her profession. In her original story she had never dreamed of being a pilot but when her home planet came under invasion she found herself forced into a situation where she had to fight to survive, and found she had a knack for marksmanship and piloting. She would go on to reluctantly join the fight to try and liberate her home from the invaders.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Also why isn't the urbie part of the light mechs?

Speed measured in slow to less slow.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5QiqX4B  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:05 pm
The Urbanmech isn't availible to you guys wink If you want one, you'll have to dump points in custom vehicle or hope to capture one.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm
So, I plan on burning everything down. Just gotta decide on how.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:29 pm
Raganui Minamoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedkI0vdXuY

This maybe?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:11 pm
Mongooseh
Raganui Minamoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedkI0vdXuY

This maybe?

Ha!

I'll either use a Firestarter, or a Talos. Depends on how my XP falls. If I go with the Talos, I'll have to figure out how to drop Incendiary missiles into it.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:55 pm
Raga's character: "Technician! I want inferno rounds in my SRM rack, Anti infantry rounds in my autocannon and incendiary rounds in my LRM racks. NOW!"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:25 pm
If I go the mech route I'll probably aim for a Rifleman, they seem like they would make a good sniper platform.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:45 pm
Campaign Premise: The year is 2760 and the tensions between the various members of the Star League have erupted into a series of Hidden Wars, where the various nations use plausibly deniable assets to strike at each other. The Rim Worlds Republic led by Stefan Amaris borders both the mercantile Lyran Commonwealth and the war-like Draconis Combine. These two nations have been at each other's throats throughout their whole existence. Proconsul Amaris wishes it to remain this way and thus he is creating a mercenary raiding unit, capable of making false flag raids against both nations.

Sources used:
A Time of War main book, Era Report 2750

Player Character requirements:
Factions: The Player Characters may be from the Rimworlds Republic, Lyran Commonwealth, Draconis Combine, Free Worlds League, Federated Suns, Capellan Confederation, Terran Hegemony, Magistry of Canopus, Taurian Concordat, Outworlds Alliance, or Independant factions as described in Era Report 2750.

Players will have 5000 experience with which to create their characters, using either the life path or point buy systems described in A Time of War.

Slots:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 pm
A Character Sheet
Here's a sheet I found that looks good.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:46 pm
Plainsfox

Phewf, already getting daunted. That is a lot of reading! I guess I'll focus on the structural stuff first then figure out the exact background.

Also, I was curious what Armored Vehicles, Aerospace Fighters, and VTOLs would be available for this campaign? And are our characters in this mercenary unit doing raids on both sides?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:51 am
I decided on a Talos. And I will find out how to get MORE FIRE involved in that.

Also, no idea if my exp spread is actually worth a damn.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:09 pm
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=34&EraId=10

Is the list of equipment I'm using, generally. Be sure to check with me before you pick something.

Raga, I'll check your character tomorrow. Today was....one of those days.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff