Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Battletech: A Time of War Interest Check Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:15 am
A Time of War (or AToW) is the roleplaying system affiliated with Battletech: A Game of Armored Combat. If I were to describe the setting on the quick for people, it would be Game of Thrones with BIg Stompy Robots (Although the setting originated in 1985) It is a setting that allows for many styles of campaign, from political intrigue, to planetary exploration, to dungeon crawls of a fashion, to big stompy robot combat.

So, please let me know if you're interested and what type of campaign you'd like to play  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:18 am
Definitely interested. But I would have to find access to the book and obviously have no experience with the system and would have to learn. I favor planetary exploration but obviously want to do so while in a big stompy Robot, perhaps a Cauldron Born kitted out with gauss for sniping!  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 am
That's cool. Most things are up on Drivethru RPG. I will say that I think I want to run a campaign in a more introductory setting first and that Cauldron Borns MIGHT be a ways a way in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:36 am
I love mechs. Mecha rpg sounds awesome.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 am
lol, I was mostly joking about the Cauldron Born, but yeah, would definitely like the game to include some mech combat.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am
If I actually get to learn the system and it's not convoluted, then yes, I am interested. Now to figure out what era it's set in to figure out if I can work on getting my preferred mech.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:51 pm
I am willing to teach the system. Also, the campaign I'm preparing will start in 2760. The 'mechs involved will be the following. they can all be checked on www.sarna.net

Light 'Mechs: (200 xp)
LCT-1V Locust
STG-3G Stinger
STG-3R Stinger
THE-N Thorn
WSP-1A Wasp
FLC-4N Falcon
FS9-H Firestarter
OTT-7J Ostscout

Medium 'Mechs: (400 pts)
CDA-2A Cicada
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
HBK-4G Hunchback
PX-3R Phoenix
RFL-2N RIfleman
TLS-1B Talos
GRF-1N Griffin
SCP-1N Scorpion
SHD-2H Shadow Hawk

Heavy 'Mechs (600 pts)
OSR-2C Ostroc
OTL-4D Ostsol
CPLT-C1 Catapult
CRD-3R Crusader
TDR-5S Thunderbolt
ARC-2R Archer
GLT-3N Guillotine
WHM-6R Warhammer
ON1-K Orion

Assault 'Mechs (800 pts)
AWS-8Q Awesome
GOL-1H Goliath
STC-2C Striker
THG-11E Thug
VTR-9A Victor
VTR-9B Victor
BLR-1G Battlemaster
LGB-0W Longbow
STK-3F Stalker
EMP-5A Emperor
HGN-732 Highlander
BNC-3E Banshee  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:51 pm
Am disappoint direstar isnt a viable build from creation.
https://youtu.be/iTlXw2qGB2w  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:24 pm
Scorpion or Goliath sound cool ... I like 4 legged mechs ...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 pm
Might try for a Talos or Firestarter. And seeing if I can customize em at all. Maybe incendiary missiles.

Then there will be fire, hellfire, burning in my skin. This burning, desire. It's tempting me to sin.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 pm
Sorry, Mongooseh. However, if you're willing to spend the points on your character, I'll allow you a MON-66 Mongoose. ><  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 pm
None of my favorites but there are some cool Mechs in there. It didn''t even occur to me that certain mechs came into existence at different times. My favorites the Direwolf, Warhawk and Ebon Jaguar. Don't even come into existence for several hundred more years.

I was curious though. How will the game start? Do all players start out as mechwariors with their own mech? And if so what class of chasis do we start out with?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:23 pm
When Chargen comes around, you will get a set number of experience points to spend on lifepaths. After that, the remainder is spent on skills, traits, and attributes beyond what the life paths give. You will have a vehicle trait. For two hundred points, you can get a light 'mech. By spending additional points in blocsk of 200, you can get heavier 'mechs.

As a warning, I will say that you will need to pump two hundred points into piloting and gunnery skills to be considered a Regular 'Mechwarrior.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 pm
Plainsfox
When Chargen comes around, you will get a set number of experience points to spend on lifepaths. After that, the remainder is spent on skills, traits, and attributes beyond what the life paths give. You will have a vehicle trait. For two hundred points, you can get a light 'mech. By spending additional points in blocsk of 200, you can get heavier 'mechs.

As a warning, I will say that you will need to pump two hundred points into piloting and gunnery skills to be considered a Regular 'Mechwarrior.

Ah I see so the character gen points can be spent on either improving your character or acquiring a bigger mech.

Are there other vehicles you can pilot such as tanks or helicopters or are they so outclassed by mechs that its not worth worrying about. I remember those vehicles were usually pretty squishy in the games I played.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:58 pm
Armored Vehicles, Aerospace Fighters, and VTOLs are all possibilities. They aren't as weak as the video games make them out to be and can be very, very powerful in their own niche. THey just aren't as flexible as 'mechs.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff