Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
Dungeons & Dragons - The Earth's Upheaval Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:29 pm
Aelgeirr would scratch behind one of his ears as he pondered the situation. "I don't think we have enough force to batter down the front door. I think we're better off using the secret entrance. Besides, if there's an intelligence behind the elementals warring in Coppersledge, it might be good to keep our presence hidden."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm
He'd scratch his head, then look at Thork. "Jhorban said they were attacked in the side passage. The escape route that more dwarves may be attempting to use to escape. After all, they're not expecting to get attacked that way, so who knows what people are trapped there. Then after we get more information on the enemy from those still inside, as well as clear the way for any more refugees, we can move to strike at the source of the problem and end it's assault once and for all." Isres smiled up at the larger man. "Besides, everyone knows the stronger foes are almost always the elite unit that isn't part of the main rabble hitting the front gate."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:31 pm
User Image

"The matter seems settled then. Let us make haste to the secret entrance. Though the gods might be on our side, time is not." Not waiting for any further discussion Tawny makes for the exit with Shi. Once she is next to the rogue she would wink and whisper to her. "It looks like it is up to us women to be the decisive ones."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 am
Quote:
To evacuate th' ones we did, my squad had to take one o' th' hidden passages that only we know out o' th' mountain...

Thork couldn't fault them for their choice, but they didn't live though the events of that night, to fight for one's life, losing loved ones, and waking to see the covered forms of friends who wouldn't walk this world again.

He had to try, and save as many as possible...

"Why use gate, unless not all know of secret passage and original plan was not to show secret passage. Thork still think taking main gate better plan... While Isres, Aelgeirr, Tawny, Lee; seek answers, more people die as nightmare continue. Main gate give all an exit."

"Thork agreed, it is settled, group take hidden pass without Thork. Thork find guide to lead Thork to dwarf god temple. If Thork not there, leave message and Thork will find group."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Unless if someone will stop him, Thork will approach Thaealyn. "Thork need brave guide to dwarf god temple, though main gate."  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 pm
Thaealyn would frown and a couple of the ambassadors exchanged glances. "None of us have personally seen the attackers; we have about the same information as you guys have. But from my understanding, the Dwarves could just leave Coppersledge at any time. But as long as they think they have a chance at victory, I doubt any of them will. That, ah... secret passage?... That I'm annoyed we didn't even know about... was probably to help the refugees escape without leading them through a battlefield. I mean, everyone here was armed, so they were soldiers, right?" Which they were, of course. "The Dwarves they evacuated probably went north to Granitefell until the whole thing blows over, while their warriors remain."

She would then shrug. "Things seem stable here for the moment, so I can walk you up to the front gate if you really want. But if you're just trying to be conscripted into their army, please please please don't get me drawn into it. I've never held a weapon before in my life."

Thork, will you take Thaelyn with you to get you to the front gate? It's a pretty clear shot, just a bit of a hike up the winding road along the mountain face, but you can technically see the front gate from the window.

Everyone else, you seem to be ready to head to the side passage, Thork or no Thork. Once I get final confirmation that Thork is going at it alone (IC), I will continue. Odds are, I'll create a second thread just for Thork to avoid confusion into (and if) you ever reunite.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
"Why use gate, unless not all know of secret passage and original plan was not to show secret passage. Thork still think taking main gate better plan... While Isres, Aelgeirr, Tawny, Lee; seek answers, more people die as nightmare continue. Main gate give all an exit."

"Thork agreed, it is settled, group take hidden pass without Thork. Thork find guide to lead Thork to dwarf god temple. If Thork not there, leave message and Thork will find group."

Shi had already paused a bit on the way to the door, and this sealed it. The woman stewed a moment longer before lifting her chin with a growl of frustration. She turned on her heel sharply, walking straight up to the orc. The fact that he towered over her didn't seem to bother the thief as she cocked a fist, punching him square in the middle of the chest- though it was obviously more an expressive act than meant to seriously harm him.

"It's LIN, lunkhead! And if you insist on going it alone, try and keep yourself alive long enough to make a good distraction for us."

She kept her fist against his chest while she spoke, though Thork might have noticed there was something in it, maybe half hidden at best- a soft bag, tightly tied at the top for the moment, with a thick, malleable substance inside. She'd hold it there for a moment, waiting for him to take the tanglefoot bag- one last ditch means of escape if he got himself in over his head.

...and the moment he took it she'd turn on her heel, nose slightly into the air, and leave the embassy, no further words of encouragement or deliberation on the morals, not a single mention of the boon. If he wanted to play the hero in his own, as she saw it reckless, way, well... she'd done what she could to help him survive doing it. Now it was his own fault if he got himself killed trying.

She stopped outside to wait for the others, staring into the distance with a slightly miffed expression, arms crossed impatiently. She looked over at Tawny, blinking as the holy woman leaned in- and couldn't help but crack a smile, cocking her hip out and striking a fittingly cocky pose."Isn't it always?" she replied, giving her a playfully gentle elbow in the ribs, and waited for the menfolk to follow after.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:21 pm
"I don't think that's quite a good idea. Striking at the enemy alone without some sort of coordination with whoever else their fighting is just going to cause further chaos there as they try to figure out who or what has just entered the fray. It could be they believe you to be some sort of new enemy, which means that they will withhold any support they could provide you that would see you through to Coppersledge, or they may fire at you as well. Worse, is if they do know you're friendly and they now have to decide on spending resources and breaking their current formations trying to assist you, which could crumble their whole effort." He'd scratch his head, adjusting his glasses as he did so. "I could always be wrong, of course, but that's just what I think on the subject. We're going to have to get going either way, but I'd prefer it if you'd stick with the rest of us. You're your own person though, so it's up to you."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
"Thaealyn, certain only soldiers inside mountain now?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(Yes, means Thork goes with party....

No, or I don't know, means Thork goes to the main gate, without Thaealyn.

Either way, he will take the tanglefoot bag from Lin...)  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 am
@ Thork:

Thaealyn would look to the stairs where she last saw the dwarf leader of this troop ascend. "Jhorban told us that his unit were evacuating everyone who couldn't fight. Did he not tell you as such?" Looking back to Thork, she'd add, "Well, anyways, I'd like to think that my posting here has given me some insight into the Dwarven mindset, so I think that everyone who was willing to fight is a soldier now, and every single one of their people who was capable of fighting is willing. Stubborn race, those Dwarves." In a bit of frustration, she'd add further, "My boyfriend is currently stationed as an ambassador to a halfling settlement. He was pretty abstinent from most things before he left, but he smokes and drinks heavily now after only three months, while I had to go try and make headway with a bunch of people who are as stubborn and unmoving as the very mountain they live in. It hasn't been easy!"

Sighing, Thaealyn would reach up and rub her temples with both hands. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap just now, it's been a very stressful day."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:31 pm
"Thork understand stressful day, and Jhorben not clear on safety of non-combative dwarves. Thork not endanger Thaealyn." Turning from Thaealyn, Thork would continue out the door past the two women follk and up the hill to the main gate...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:46 pm
User Image

As Thork walked by, Tawny would make her own plea to him. "Thork, if this is really what you think is best, then don't let me stop you. But don't mistake our intentions. We want to save lives just as much as everyone else. Trained warrior or not, Thaealyn made it clear those inside the mountain are there because they chose to stay and fight for their home. To try and make them leave would be an insult to their honor and what they are fighting for.

"If you truly want to help them, then come with us and help solve why the mountain is angry. That is the only way any of this will truly end. The quicker we do this the less lives that will be lost. Trying to bash our way through the forces at the main gate will only slow us down. The secret path will be the fastest way inside. We have to be the spear, not the hammer. We could really use your help in this endeavor. Together as a group we will be stronger than any individual effort. With you by our side it will only hasten our ability to get the bottom of this. Splitting up will only weaken and slow our response and put more lives at risk. What do you say?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 am
Isres would pinch the bridge of his nose and follow Thork out. He, however, would open his book and start off towards the side passage, not having any more time to spend on who all was going where. "Anyone with me, come along. We cannot delay any further."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 am
And thus, the party would split.

Thork would advance to the main gate on the south face of the mountain, while Isres, Aelgeirr, Tawny, and Lin Shi would move towards the alternative passage on the east side.

Thork, the road to the main gate winds back and forth, rather than runs straight to the gate. It's obviously made that way to better accommodate wagons and such, since the incline is less steep that way. The main gate is at a higher elevation than where the secret pass lets out, but ultimately nothing will prevent you from getting there. Also, from your vantage point, you will see the other adventurers you met as they became tinier with your ascension; you'd still be able to make them out, at least to the point where you see them get into a (possible)
RANDOMMM ENCOUNNTTTEEERRRRRR!

I apologize, but you'll have to hold tight while they resolve this before the plot continues.

--------------------

@ Shi, Tawny, Aelgeirr, Isres:

The path along the base of the mountain was not quite as easygoing as you might have liked. It is very rocky, with many jagged stones underfoot, so all the difficult terrain makes it a bit of a slow march. It's not COMPLETELY overridden with such stones, but there's enough where you can't just walk freely without watching your step. If any of you used to play in the woods when you were kids like I did, you know what I'm talking about.

Jeebus, Tawny, passive perception 25? You definitely hear some voices up ahead, kind of squawky and hissy at the same time. Someone (or rather, multiple someones) seems to be having the same difficulties you are traversing this terrain. If you bring it up to the others, Lin Shi can confirm (if you keep it to yourself, Lin Shi, you'll hear them shortly before they come into view; you'll only have seconds to reach, rather than a minute and change from Tawny's preternatural cognitive senses).

What will you guys do? Hide? Draw weapons? Some other third option?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:42 am
(Encase if anyone was waiting on Thork's answer to Tawny)

Thork would look back at Tawny, “Thork no fool; not smart, but no fool. Group no know where gnome party go, only that he go to depths of mountain. Group plan could fail, or take many days. While dwarves face earth spirits that only want dwarves dead. Thork know, how that feel. Tawny see wounds soldiers take, Tawny know dwarves trapped near main gate, Tawny learn Jhorban lose two dwarves as Jhorban squad leave. Tawny still think going deep into mountain, fastest way to save dwarves? Thork not blame Tawny for thought, but Thork not agree ... If they want to fight for rock and stone, they have right to die for honor...” the word 'honor' carried a foul tint, as Thork spoke it. "... But, Thork think dwarves have no choice. Main gate give choice."

And then continue to the main gate.
-------------------------

Thork continues up the mountain, wishing they would have joined him instead...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 11 Total: 28 (2-40)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm
User Image

Tawny would sigh and shake her head but otherwise say nothing further to Thork. The disappointment she felt about him abandoning the party was quickly replace by her usual jovial nature as she bounced up the hill after her comrades.

Upon hearing the voices ahead of them in their path Tawny would whisper to the rest of the party what she had heard. She then takes off her backpack and retrieves out of it an enormous ornate hammer head. In fact the hammer head took up almost the entire space in the already rather large backpack. Tawny then pushed a secret button on the head causing a handle to extend from the hammer. Tawny then heft the weapon onto her shoulders. It was hard to believe such a small girl could wield such a massive weapon but she held the thing as if it was the most natural thing possible.

Weapon in hand, Tawny would try to sneak up closer to the source of the voices and perhaps catch a glimpse of the unidentified creatures in front of them or at least hear more of their conversation.

(27 Stealth check, 26 Perception check)  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces