Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 5E] Hope of the people. [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa
If I were to join, odds are I'd be making a Dwarf Abjurer. I don't know when I'll have time to spend learning how to and subsequently making a character, but I'll get one made as soon as I can.

never mind

._.

Should I play something else?

No, I didn't want to delete the post when I changed my mind.

Originally, was going to play a dwarven barbarian battlerager and wanted to know if you wanted to be related..., but, the armor I needed for the 3rd level ability cost 75gp. So, I fell back on my second option.

Is it just me, or does this system state short races can only be a rogue or a spellcaster? That is sizeist... razz

I've seen a gnome Barbarian before. She actually kicked a lot of a**.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:37 am
Youroka Kage
SCN_ Grey_fox

Is it just me, or does this system state short races can only be a rogue or a spellcaster? That is sizeist... razz

I will add the barbarian to the list, kind of hard not to kick major buttage when your given best hit die and the choice of advantage on attack rolls. xp  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Youroka Kage
SCN_ Grey_fox

I will add the barbarian to the list, kind of hard not to kick major buttage when your given best hit die and the choice of advantage on attack rolls. xp

Halfing Divination Wizard, and if we were doing feats I'd say add lucky, is the luckiest build in the game. Reroll 1s, 2 portents a day, and (lucky) three lucky dice.

Totem Barbarian is really solid as long as you go bear on your first pick. Resist everything except psychic and magical weapons. And a Half orc barb just gets nasty. Double your damage dice +2 on a crit. So if you use a greatsword, 6d6 on a crit.

Champion fighters are the best dps in the game, eventually getting up to 5 attacks.

Wild magic sorceror with tiefling variant rules in scag can be fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:05 pm
PupSage
SCN_ Grey_fox
Youroka Kage
SCN_ Grey_fox

Halfing Divination Wizard, and if we were doing feats I'd say add lucky, is the luckiest build in the game. Reroll 1s, 2 portents a day, and (lucky) three lucky dice.

Totem Barbarian is really solid as long as you go bear on your first pick. Resist everything except psychic and magical weapons. And a Half orc barb just gets nasty. Double your damage dice +2 on a crit. So if you use a greatsword, 6d6 on a crit.

Champion fighters are the best dps in the game, eventually getting up to 5 attacks.

I just want to point out, on a crit, is a rare event on gaia's dice system...unless if we are talking N1's here. sweatdrop

That said, I was trying to stay as far away from the spell section as possible. that section in the player's handbook is hard to follow along which spells go to what class(unless if you flip back and forth like crazy)  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:46 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
PupSage
SCN_ Grey_fox
Youroka Kage
SCN_ Grey_fox

I just want to point out, on a crit, is a rare event on gaia's dice system...unless if we are talking N1's here. sweatdrop

That said, I was trying to stay as far away from the spell section as possible. that section in the player's handbook is hard to follow along which spells go to what class(unless if you flip back and forth like crazy)

Pssst champion fighters crit on 19 and eventually 18  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:37 pm
PupSage

Hate to be a bother, but when do you think we will start?  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:46 am
Youroka Kage
PupSage

Probably next week. We've got 4 and if rain joins that makes 5.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:53 am
And as far as barbarians go, I kind of like Wolf. Though, I didn't know if anyone would be a willing to stand next to me... My character had Taco bell last night blaugh

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:57 pm
PupSage
Youroka Kage
PupSage

Probably next week. We've got 4 and if rain joins that makes 5.

Don't wait for me if you're ready to go. Just feel free to go. I keep getting stuck with after-work errands, then tomorrow I have some volunteer work to do, so the soonest I might be able to continue is Friday. I still don't know 100% of what goes into 5e character generation, but all I think I have/had left to do was flavor text/background info? I haven't heard anything about needing to do X.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 am
We have five players now. Here are all the character sheets.

Inylvia Ylvorden

Enyo

Thia Rolen

Cade Tealeaf

Dostevek Runeforge, Dwarven Abjurer

Cade (SCN's character) and Runeforge (Rain's character) are missing character backgrounds but are otherwise complete.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:25 am
Oh snap, I didnt even see SCN or Rain post a character. Both sheets look good.

Rain, if you want to hook us up with a subforum, I will start drafting the first post up.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:59 am
PupSage
Rain, if you want to hook us up with a subforum, I will start drafting the first post up.

Done.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:26 pm
Rain Yupa
Well, I'm not done but here's the meat of it. I ran out of time for tonight, so I'll continue it as soon as I can:
Dostevek Runeforge, Dwarven Abjurer.

Dostevek in a nutshell: His elder brother was also a skilled and practiced abjurer, but got lax and failed in his duties (probably letting a seal of some sort he was responsible for break) and brought shame on the family. Dostevek's main drive is trying to get more practiced/learned in the school and undo the wrongs his brother has committed in the eyes of other dwarves.

I'll tweak it to be more campaign-specific when I have the chance to flesh out the character sheet more.

Added some fluffy stuff to the character sheet.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff