Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 5E] Hope of the people. [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Just an fyi, I will only sourcing from Player's Handbook.

That'd be the same for me. I actually have no idea what 5e books have even been released at this point, save for a couple campaign setting ones. Are there multiple player handbooks? Are there X Power or Complete X books? Not a clue.

PHB is fine with me though!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:28 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Rain Yupa

Hi, I thought I could help with links to the resources that he said could be used. ^.^;

Player's Handbook

Volo's guide to Monsters

Sword Coast Adventure guide  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:36 am
I think, I am missing something...Do we get extra funds, or is it only starting gear?

Answer kind of picks my character; between a Dwarven Battlerager Barbarian, and a Halfling Ranger or fighter(that said, I don't really like how they made the halflings look this time around).. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:09 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
I think, I am missing something...Do we get extra funds, or is it only starting gear?

Answer kind of picks my character; between a Dwarven Battlerager Barbarian, and a Halfling Ranger or fighter(that said, I don't really like how they made the halflings look this time around).. sweatdrop

Normally unless the gm says so, you take the starting gear. However, most backgrounds give some gold.  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:38 pm
If I were to join, odds are I'd be making a Dwarf Abjurer. I don't know when I'll have time to spend learning how to and subsequently making a character, but I'll get one made as soon as I can.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:17 am
Rain Yupa
If I were to join, odds are I'd be making a Dwarf Abjurer. I don't know when I'll have time to spend learning how to and subsequently making a character, but I'll get one made as soon as I can.

never mind  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:18 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa

never mind

Class gives you starting gear, backgrounds gives you extra gear and gold. Its only level 3, so thats what you get.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 pm
PupSage
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa

never mind

Class gives you starting gear, backgrounds gives you extra gear and gold. Its only level 3, so thats what you get.
Understand, thus was the nevermind

But, Could we sell things that are impractical? As page 144 Selling equipment

If you say no, it is fine. Just background wise leather is easier to swim in, than chainmail. sweatdrop

Edit:Edit:
Built with NO to selling items in mind, Will change to leather, shortbow and add 5 gp if allowed to sell the Longbow and buy the fore-mentioned short-people bow ...

Cade Tealeaf
Will work on fluffy stuff tonight, just checking if the majority is right.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:35 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
PupSage
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa

never mind

Understand, thus was the nevermind

But, Could we sell things that are impractical? As page 144 Selling equipment

If you say no, it is fine. Just background wise leather is easier to swim in, than chainmail. sweatdrop

Edit:Edit:
Built with NO to selling items in mind, Will change to leather, shortbow and add 5 gp if allowed to sell the Longbow and buy the fore-mentioned short-people bow ...

Cade Tealeaf
Will work on fluffy stuff tonight, just checking if the majority is right.

Sell at half value.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:52 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa

never mind

._.

Should I play something else?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-12)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 pm
I know this is a bad idea and I should just take the 8 hit points but...
Hit points for levels 2 & 3: Oh wow! O_O  
Rain Yupa rolled 4 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 2, 3 Total: 9 (4-16)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:53 pm
Starting wizardy gold
4d4x10 gp= 90 gp  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:51 pm
I'm going through the step-by-step part at the beginning of the book. Not a fan of mandatory backgrounds. That aside, what happens when the background (sage) has the same skill proficiencies I chose for my class? I don't see the answer to this in my perusal.

EDIT: Oh! Nevermind, p125. I guess I can take two other skill proficiencies of my choice?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:22 pm
Well, I'm not done but here's the meat of it. I ran out of time for tonight, so I'll continue it as soon as I can:
Dostevek Runeforge, Dwarven Abjurer.

Dostevek in a nutshell: His elder brother was also a skilled and practiced abjurer, but got lax and failed in his duties (probably letting a seal of some sort he was responsible for break) and brought shame on the family. Dostevek's main drive is trying to get more practiced/learned in the school and undo the wrongs his brother has committed in the eyes of other dwarves.

I'll tweak it to be more campaign-specific when I have the chance to flesh out the character sheet more.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:39 am
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa

never mind

._.

Should I play something else?

No, I didn't want to delete the post when I changed my mind.

Originally, was going to play a dwarven barbarian battlerager and wanted to know if you wanted to be related..., but, the armor I needed for the 3rd level ability cost 75gp. So, I fell back on my second option.

Is it just me, or does this system state short races can only be a rogue or a spellcaster? That is sizeist... razz  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff