Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 5E] Hope of the people. [FULL] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:50 pm
So with the lack of 5E in this guild, I thought that it may be nice to do a pbp 5e campaign.

Da Rules:
Level 3 characters
Adventure is for 3 to 5 people
Standard array or point buy for stats (PHB pg 13)
We will not be using feats or unearthed arcana material, but SCAG, VOLOs, and PHB are golden.
Monster races are discouraged, but I may allow 1 spot in the group for one. Aaroka, Aasimar, Tabaxi, Genasi, Goliath, Firbolg, and all phb races are fine.
Since we arnt using feats, no varient humans.

Da Scenario:
You are small time adventurers. Couriers really. You've banded together once before to stop a band of goblins from ransacking caravans, and you have been called upon again.

You are in the town of Hope Springs. A trade town that acts as the hub of several surrounding towns. Hope Springs offers travelers a source of clean water and relaxation via their natural hot springs.

The trade meet has been missing the attendence of traders from the northern town of Annesdale. No trader from the port town has shown in Hope Springs in weeks, and the merchants that left to trade there havent returned.

Food supply is running low, being that most of the fish from Annesdale hasn't been coming in. Families are worried about their missing spouses as well. Hope Springs turns to you as their only hope.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:53 pm
chibi_blue_mouse

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:54 pm
Rain Yupa
chibi_blue_mouse

Hoping you give this a try too <.<  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:42 pm
Unless I get bit by a bug to play real bad, I usually wait to see if others sign up first. I have a personal philosophy of, as Guild Captain, not taking another's spot.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:52 pm
I'd enjoy playing this! I'm thinking of either playing a Paladin or a Cleric. ^-^ Not sure what race I'd be playing just yet. Maybe a Teifling?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:08 pm
Would it be alright if I played Enyo, the Prideful harpy , from that one 5 ed game we were in a while back?

Mechanically she is the same as an Aarakocra, but thematically I play her as a harpy.

She was level 1 in that game so I'd just have to update her a bit.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:17 pm
Kowsauni
Would it be alright if I played Enyo, the Prideful harpy , from that one 5 ed game we were in a while back?

Mechanically she is the same as an Aarakocra, but thematically I play her as a harpy.

She was level 1 in that game so I'd just have to update her a bit.

Sure!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:18 pm
chibi_blue_mouse
I'd enjoy playing this! I'm thinking of either playing a Paladin or a Cleric. ^-^ Not sure what race I'd be playing just yet. Maybe a Teifling?

Tieflings make pretty good paladins  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:40 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 am
Ok finished editing Enyo

All I did was add two levels to her and update her backstory. This will only be my second time playing 5th ed myself so it will be nice to learn about the system.  

Kowsauni
Crew

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:52 am
PupSage
chibi_blue_mouse

Tieflings make pretty good paladins

Tiefling paladin sounds good to me. Just . . . one question. What is the "standard array for stats"? I know Strength, Dex, Con, Int, Wis and Charisma, but I've never played PbP before so . . . um . . . how do I do this?  
chibi_blue_mouse rolled 28 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 6, 4, 1, 1, 1, 6, 2, 6, 2, 5, 6, 3, 3, 5, 3, 3, 2, 5, 5, 6, 5, 3, 6, 6, 5, 4 Total: 110 (28-168)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:58 am
Okay . . . so I'm gonna try rolling dice. If this doesn't work, or you'd like me to generate my stats differently, just let me know!

5, 1, 6, 4, = 15
1, 1, 1, 6, = 8
2, 6, 2, 5, = 13
6, 3, 3, 5, = 14
3, 3, 2, 5, = 11
5, 6, 5, 3, = 16
6, 6, 5, 4 = 17

. . . Did I do it right? If so . . . omg, I'm a beast. eek

EDIT: Thank you to Kowsauni, for helping me figure this out. Less a beast if this is the correct way of rolling characters, where you drop the lowest number of the four and then drop the lowest total of the seven. Still pretty dang good though. Inylvia Ylvorden 0.0

Again, if this is incorrect, I'm more than happy to change it!  

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 am
Standard array means the stat spread on page 13 of the players hand book.

Either 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 or 15,15,15,8,8,8  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:46 am
Isle Razerfang -- The White Queen's Isle

Centuries have come and gone since the Great White Dragon of the North, The White Queen, Razorfang, was killed here in the center of her own kingdom. Over time the constant winter faded. The center of the island is actually warm year round due to the hot springs in Hope Springs, the geysers surrounding the area, and the natural piping between them. The surrounding areas do experience a winter season for half of the year save the strip of land from Goldenfields to Hope springs.

The Forts:
The forts have proper names, but are often referred to by their short names. They are relics from a forgotten age, built shortly after Razerfang's demise in the areas where they made camp.

Karrolsweck - The Old Fort
Built by the Ironhammer dwarves before the invasion of the Isle proper. Now it houses the minions that fled from the island. Nobody goes there anymore. To set foot on the island is a death sentence.

Coluna - The Dragon Fort
The human clan Caluna built this fort at the mouth of Razerfang's Lair. They rigged the lair with traps for the White Queen's return, but the plan never came to fruition. Now the Dragon Fort serves as a watchpost. The fort itself is broken down, but the former lair of the White Queen serves as the main housing of troops.

Prauge - Old East Fort
Prauge, the svirfneblin wizard named this fort for himself. It served as the enterance to the underground tunnels where he worked his magic to counter the White Queens curse of constant cold. The Fort and the village around it sank into the ground long ago. The people there moved to Harristown and fortified it.

Harristown - The Eastern Fort
The second most fortified town on the island. Though its location and exclusivity have killed its population. The massive walls around the city house a ghost town. They depend on trade for most of their resources, but use the walled land as farmland for their giant goats. Milk and goat meat are their main exports, as well as trained battle goats to act as guides in Razerfang's Teeth.

Mollak - The Western Fort
In the oldendays people feared the Elderwood and the Western Fort was a functioning travel stop. But as the way was deemed safe, less and less people came to the fort. Its been converted to a lighthouse, watchmen stay in the old inn and keep the flame burning at night. Few visitors make it out that way now.

New Elvenlance - The Watch Fort
Evanlance was a town on the mainland continent. Miscommunication of the small towns name led to the Fort being named Elvenlance. Ironic in that elves have nothing to do with the town or the fort. The fort is Dwarven made and in the best shape aside from Icemount. It houses a strong guard regimen.

The Cities:
Icemount - Capital city of the White Queen's Isle. A military stronghold turned city. The city is harsh. Winter still holds strong to Icemount, the fortress that brought down the White Queen. The prideful dwarves that accomplished the feat used pieces of the queen to build up their fort into a proper city. Still it is the most fortified area on the Isle. Most things happen indoors here. Arms and armor are their main exports.

Hope Springs- An Inn town with multiple hot springs and boasting a year round summer. They grow crops of their own, but thrive mostly on trade and tourism.

Goldenfields - Named for the ocean of wheat surrounding it, Goldenfields boast the best Ale on the Isle. The town is quaint, but has a lot of festivals.

Port Boulder - Most ships coming to the Isle dock at Icemount or port boulder. All trade goods pass through these towns. Customs to get into Icemount are far more strict, thus most trade ends up at Port Boulder. As such the town is large and thriving.

Jacksport - If the Isle has a seedy underbelly, its Jacksport. Jack Carpenter, half elf rogue, formed the 'town' of Jacksport after Razerfang's demise. The place began as a shantytown, but has a few buildings in it now. Primarily an inn. Jacksport is a town of killers. Being on the edge of the Dreadwood they
have to be. Hunters, fishermen, mercenaries, black market traders. The geysers in the Dreadwood have given them access to steam power, and they have begun to capitalize on that.

Annesdale - A fishing town that houses the Isles largest Lumber Mill. The deforesting has lead to the town being safer from the dangers of the Dreadwood.

Dragon's Crown - Intended to be the capital by those that thought Razerfang would die there. Instead it has become a town of rich and pompous families buying what they need to get by. They funded many of the upstart towns with gold from Razerfang's lair and created a debt that spanned across time due to well written contracts on their part.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:43 pm
PupSage
Standard array means the stat spread on page 13 of the players hand book.

Either 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 or 15,15,15,8,8,8

Even without saying anything, I'm a bad influence sweatdrop  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas