Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Hi . . . I'm new?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:04 am
Hello. I'm chibi_blue_mouse. I'm a new member of this guild. I'm only really experienced with D&D 5e (I have the books for it), I've played one or two games of 3.5 in the past, and have only had a small amount of dabbling with Pathfinder. All other systems are a mystery to me, but I'd be willing to learn!

While I've had experience with rps before, I've never played a posting dice roller (which is what I'm hoping to experience here?). So, if anyone would like to point me to a post that can help show me the ropes, I'd greatly appreciate that.

In other news, I'd like to try my hand at DMing something on here, BUT like I said, I have no experience with this style of D&D. So I'd like to start out as a player first to get used to the feel of playing with the resources available. But here's where I've run into a wall. I . . . don't know where to start. I don't know what games are open, or even how to submit a character to join in a game that IS open. This comes back to me needing to be shown the ropes.

I'm excited for the adventures that are sure to be had here! I just need to . . . find a way to get there. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 am
Hi new person, pleasure to meet you and bla bla bla. Glad to meet you.  

Kuxri

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:12 pm
chibi_blue_mouse
Hello. I'm chibi_blue_mouse. I'm a new member of this guild. I'm only really experienced with D&D 5e (I have the books for it), I've played one or two games of 3.5 in the past, and have only had a small amount of dabbling with Pathfinder. All other systems are a mystery to me, but I'd be willing to learn!

While I've had experience with rps before, I've never played a posting dice roller (which is what I'm hoping to experience here?). So, if anyone would like to point me to a post that can help show me the ropes, I'd greatly appreciate that.

In other news, I'd like to try my hand at DMing something on here, BUT like I said, I have no experience with this style of D&D. So I'd like to start out as a player first to get used to the feel of playing with the resources available. But here's where I've run into a wall. I . . . don't know where to start. I don't know what games are open, or even how to submit a character to join in a game that IS open. This comes back to me needing to be shown the ropes.

I'm excited for the adventures that are sure to be had here! I just need to . . . find a way to get there. sweatdrop

I think sadly there isn't any games recruiting currently otherwise I'd abdicate responsibility to showing of the ropes to whoever your gm would be. I'm terrible at running play by post games but its become that time of year where I've become inspired to make a new game.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:27 pm
Rain Yupa is running a number of games right now, and usually likes to integrate new players- mostly he does D&D 4e and Legend of the Five Rings RPG games (at least, I think those are the only systems he currently has open?)

I only know of one of his games which had been actively recruiting, a D&D Fourth Edition game starting at level 2, but it's just hit the five person cap he'd placed on it. If you want my spot in it though, I wouldn't mind making room for a new guild member.

Otherwise, we'd have to ask him, if you're interested in either of those systems.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 pm
Another alternative: I've only dabbled slightly in 5e and wouldn't mind more experience in it. Playing, that is. It was a rather short game of Curse of Strahd, which kind of spiraled out of control since I was Neutral Good, and everyone else was Chaotic Questionable Neutral.

Fish, run a game for us!

EDIT:

Psychofish
mad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:12 pm
Hello and welcome. I've been poking at some systems, looking into 'what would I run via Play By Post' and all. May do a oneshot of something soon. If I do, I'll make sure to quote ya to let you know.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:05 pm
Thanks for your warm welcomes, everyone. ^-^ Thank you Psychofish for your kind offer, but I'd hate to take someone's seat at the proverbial table. I'm sure another chance will open up eventually.
I also really don't want to pressure anyone to run a game if they don't want to, but if anyone DOES decide to put a game together I'd be incredibly grateful to be notified about it! ^-^
Thanks Raganui for your thoughtfulness. I'll keep an eye out in case you decide to put something together. ^-^

While I do admit I would be more comfortable starting off in this new play by post style of gaming using 5e, I'm more than happy to try and learn other systems and editions. The only issue I'd have would be resources. But if someone's willing to help me out with how things function, I'm sure I can pick it up quickly. Just . . . expect a lot of flailing around at first.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 am
Welcome to the guild. We have no problem teaching new players how to play. I have plans to start dming a new game in the near future but it probably wont be for a few more months.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 am
I would LOVE to have a 5e game here.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:56 am
Psychofish
I only know of one of his games which had been actively recruiting, a D&D Fourth Edition game starting at level 2, but it's just hit the five person cap he'd placed on it. If you want my spot in it though, I wouldn't mind making room for a new guild member.

Same,  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:17 pm
chibi_blue_mouse

The game I'm about to run (Earth's Upheaval) is chapter 2 in a series of one-shots. If someone wanted to back out to make room for you I wouldn't stop them because I think smaller games work better than larger ones in PBP; that said, because you're a brand new member of the guild, I always try to make accommodations whenever possible for such recruits. I will open a brand new slot for you.

Mind you, it is 4e and not 5e, and I'll understand if the edition would deter you. But if you want to learn, I'd be more than happy to work with you in whatever fashion suits you best to teach you what you might need to know smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:12 pm
Rain Yupa
chibi_blue_mouse

The game I'm about to run (Earth's Upheaval) is chapter 2 in a series of one-shots. If someone wanted to back out to make room for you I wouldn't stop them because I think smaller games work better than larger ones in PBP; that said, because you're a brand new member of the guild, I always try to make accommodations whenever possible for such recruits. I will open a brand new slot for you.

Mind you, it is 4e and not 5e, and I'll understand if the edition would deter you. But if you want to learn, I'd be more than happy to work with you in whatever fashion suits you best to teach you what you might need to know smile

Thank you for the offer! I'd be interesting in learning 4e. And thank you for quoting me in the new recruitment thread. I think I'll pass on Earth's Upheaval for now. I will, however, keep an eye out for other such games in the future. ^-^ I think I'll just watch this one and try and pick up what I can for now. ^-^  

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items