Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
A new Alice game!? Let's talk about that.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:53 pm
WARNING! This is a game known to have some heavy themes that might be triggering to some people, therefore I advise you to only continue if you know the games and you're okay with the themes the games contain.

Yes, that is right! American Mcgee is currently running a Patreon to try and earn enough to make a new Alice game. The game is going to be a prequel of what happened to Alice during the night of the fire and when she got into the asylum.

Honestly, I am a huge fan of the games and I have been a fan since the first one, so when McGee finally announced a new Alice game in 2010, 10 years after the first game, I was so hyped! But I must admit that the second game left me with so many questions about various characters and events so I am somewhat hoping for some answers this time, like;

- Is Bumby an actual doctor? We never see his diplomas and he is not exactly known to be a modest man.
- Why does Jack have the Vorpal Cleaver.
- What happened to Nan Sharpe.
- Was Jack suppose to have a more important role in the game?
- Does Bumby have a boss?
- How did he end up running the child prostitution ring?
- How were his relationships with Arthur?
- Did Bumby work side by side with Jack?
And many more! I have so many questions and I guess they showed up after I started roleplaying Alice on Tumblr?

So what are your thoughts? What do you hope to see or get answers to?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:32 am
To answer your last question first: anything, anything at all. I don't care what, I just want more. mrgreen

Perhaps a little less "doll house" action, but then again it's asylum themed...

Here, I will give my opinion on the other questions. I do not claim to know the game 100% (and I only played the 2nd one; saw a LP of the 1st though).

Is Bumby a real doctor?
- Could be so. We learn from the flashback bottles that he was once a student and he had connections to Alice's father, who was -afaik- a prof. Then again it could all be a ruse just like his "home for kids", Houndsditch.

Why does Jack have the Vorpal Cleaver.
- Don't understand that one either. Maybe Alice thinks it is the Vorpal Blade and sees it that way, BUT in reality it's just a normal knife and Alice is hallucinating. This Wiki says otherwise and claims it was, indeed, the actual Vorpal Blade. -> Which means that Alice might have seen him playing/threatening someone with this knife before and thus it entered her dreamland, too.

What happened to Nan Sharpe.
- After the cut scene with the carriage? Good question, but the third game will play before the second one so we might never know. rolleyes

Was Jack suppose to have a more important role in the game?
- I think he got enough attention for a side character. He killed someone, burned down a pub/brothel and got locked up. He is "new", as I don't think Alice has met him before coming to Houndsditch -> therefor he can not be THAT important. Alice doesn't like him but I guess that's because he is not nice to Nan Sharpe, which Alice has fond childhood memories of.

Does Bumby have a boss?
- To me, he does not seem to be the type of man who wants to have a boss in front of his nose. Aforementioned wiki says he was the sole director of Houndsditch. Maybe there are co-conspirators for the child prostitution ring, but the most likely suspect has to be Jack as he is the only named pimp.

How did he end up running the child prostitution ring?
- No idea. Maybe he hates humanity? Maybe he hates children? Maybe he knows what he can do and get monetary benefits from exploiting helpless children?

How were his relationships with Arthur?
- Besides the info, that he has a student of Arthur and as every other invited to some tea times...there is no real hint. Lizzie never told Arthur about Bumby's approaches, his stalking -afaik-.

Did Bumby work side by side with Jack?
- As stated above, it could be. It is not implied in the games, but the first time we see Jack in Madness Returns he is near Houndsditch.

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces