Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e - The Earth's Upheaval - Recruitment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:51 pm
Ok, I decided go with Tawny,

Here is her completed character sheet

Tawny "Tonton" Tonson

My wife is working on a nice picture for her so look forward to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 pm
Tawny's so cool~ Happy to have her back.

Things have been a touch hectic on my end so I might not get to checking it until next week. But it looks like SCN is still trying to figure out what he wants to do anyways sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:08 am
SCN_Grey_fox"
Oh, and a thought, anyone else wants to chip in for a bag of holding to hold all the magic items we get? I mean their residuum could be more useful enchanting a new magic item, as the campaigns expands, than as gold.

Also, anyone want to pick up a tribal feat?
I'm game for chipping in on a bag, but I thought they were pretty hefty. I like having a little gold on tap, so I can probably spare about 50 of my 65 toward it and still have enough left for special gear or expenditures, bribes, etc. that might come up.

Feat wise, I can take a look at them, but I'm already bogged down on feats I want to take for Shi, and the tribal ones don't fit her too well flavor wise.

I can get behind a warden though, especially if it fits character for you. I like them. And nothing wrong with going for a 'suboptimal' weapon if it's right for you thematically or you have a special build/trick in mind. But if there is no real reason, definitely look into reach weapons- IIRC wardens benefit a lot from those for mark enforcement, especially ones who don't want to dedicate their build to being sticky.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:37 am
Psychofish
SCN_Grey_fox"
Oh, and a thought, anyone else wants to chip in for a bag of holding to hold all the magic items we get? I mean their residuum could be more useful enchanting a new magic item, as the campaigns expands, than as gold.

Also, anyone want to pick up a tribal feat?
I'm game for chipping in on a bag, but I thought they were pretty hefty. I like having a little gold on tap, so I can probably spare about 50 of my 65 toward it and still have enough left for special gear or expenditures, bribes, etc. that might come up.

Feat wise, I can take a look at them, but I'm already bogged down on feats I want to take for Shi, and the tribal ones don't fit her too well flavor wise.

I can get behind a warden though, especially if it fits character for you. I like them. And nothing wrong with going for a 'suboptimal' weapon if it's right for you thematically or you have a special build/trick in mind. But if there is no real reason, definitely look into reach weapons- IIRC wardens benefit a lot from those for mark enforcement, especially ones who don't want to dedicate their build to being sticky.

No trick in mind... Our team is very, melee, esk,I just thought adding squares would be helpful and it was the best heavy thrown weapon I knew.

It was that, the whip, or ask about Dark Sun's Carrikal or Alhulak(which I was going to say, Thork made from the bones of the Ali Horses[add either Quick or Defensive enchantmets]).

Ether way, I like Thork as a Warden over the other defenders.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am
Rain Yupa

Things have been a touch hectic on my end so I might not get to checking it until next week. But it looks like SCN is still trying to figure out what he wants to do anyways sweatdrop
Warden Thork, for the win

and don't ask Kow, how many came before Ruin...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:13 am
So, looks like we have the party together then.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:22 am
Sorry, it's been a busy week for me. I have a memorial service I have to attend at 2, but then I'll be free this evening for Gaia stuff. Next week will likely be less busy, and the week after that is time off from work.

I assume Warden Thork is final answer, so I will audit accordingly.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:23 pm
Really wish they had a lucerne hammer(a hammer version of the Halberd), but yes  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:12 pm
Oh for the days of nuance between polearms.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:02 pm
Ah those good ol' days of 2e and it's abundance of polearms.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 pm
I also acknowledge polearms.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:21 pm
Kowsauni

Tawny "Tonton" Tonson

It'd be easier if your Armor bonus was +3 Class and +2 feat, rather than +5 Misc sweatdrop

Where did your +4 perception come from? I see +1 from Power of Skill, +1 from Robe of Eyes...

Since Tawny is 'new', she should be at 1000 xp (instead of what Ambra had).

Everything else looks good.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:51 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa

So you're currently equipped with the warhammer and heavy shield and not the two-handed heavy flail currently, aye? If it's the other way around, you'll have to remove the shield bonus to AC.

Man you guys hate using the Class column for class-related bonuses to AC.

Just for my sake, Roots of Earth = Roots of Stone, yes?

That's all I see currently!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Tawny "Tonton" Tonson

It'd be easier if your Armor bonus was +3 Class and +2 feat, rather than +5 Misc sweatdrop

Where did your +4 perception come from? I see +1 from Power of Skill, +1 from Robe of Eyes...

Since Tawny is 'new', she should be at 1000 xp (instead of what Ambra had).

Everything else looks good.[/quote

The extra +2 you are seeing for perception comes from her background benefit, otherwise I edited the armor bonus

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 am
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa

So you're currently equipped with the warhammer and heavy shield and not the two-handed heavy flail currently, aye? If it's the other way around, you'll have to remove the shield bonus to AC.

Man you guys hate using the Class column for class-related bonuses to AC.

Just for my sake, Roots of Earth = Roots of Stone, yes?

That's all I see currently!

In order of statement/questions

-Blunt and shield, yes

-I didn't take the changing of an ability score as a bonus.

-Yes  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces