Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e - The Earth's Upheaval - Recruitment Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:12 am
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1] Aelgeirr Afvar, Eladrin Warlord (played by Plainsfox)
  • 2] Tawny Tonson, Human Avenger (played by Kowsauni)
  • 3] Thork, 9/10ths-Orc Barbarian Paladin Berserker Warden.
  • 4] Isres Zess, Human Wizard (played by Raganui Minamoto)
  • 5] Lin Shi, Human Rogue (played by Psychofish)

[ Premise/Foreword ]

In a sequel game to Orb of Kendar, adventurers are drawn to a Dwarven mountain city, where the enemy is apparently the very mountain they reside in! Will the dwarves be driven from their home, or will you find the cause and silence the unquiet mountain?

[ Setting Information/Background ]

This is game 2 in a "campaign of one-shots". Stories probably won't ever be connected but I make no promises. Generic D&D fantasy.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

En route to the Dwarven city of Coppersledge, a handful of plucky adventurers on their way to meet up will gather at the Coppersledge Embassy, a large building/inn at the base of the mountain manned by a handful of charismatic human and half-elf envoys who reside there. The Dwarves aren't known for their hospitality, so the adventurers will have to prepare as best they can with second-hand knowledge of the incident before venturing into the mountain.

[ Character Creation ]

New players (or old players making new characters) will start off at level 2. Continuing players using the same characters have the same resources they ended Orb of Kendar with (you can use any gold you've attained to buy more magic items between games).

UPDATE: No hybrids. Non-Monk Psionics discouraged but not banned. Nothing setting-specific (feats, races, etc).

Available Sources: Rain standard. If all players are experienced in 4e, I will relax allowed materials, to some extent.

Banned Resources: Mostly "online" things. Relaxed restrictions will probably at least need to be cleared so you aren't walking in with something absurd and go "What? It's in a Dragon magazine."

ECL: 2
Gold: 150 gp + level 2 magic item + level 1 magic item.
Races: PHB1 & 2 races only. And Githzerai from PHB3. You'll need permission for anything else.
Ability Scores*: 4d6 drop lowest, 7 times drop the lowest score. If I take pity on you, I will order you to reroll your stats.
Alignments: Ideally, non-Evil. Might accept non-Chaotic Evil if you pitch a damn-convincing character concept/background, and promise not to take actions to sink the game.
Pantheon: 4e standard
Backgrounds: If you must. Actual written backgrounds are mandatory, though.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]
2]
3]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:14 am
Kowsauni

Plainsfox

SCN_ Grey_fox

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:52 am
You mean I get to level? I'm in. Gonna be fun for Aelgeirr ><  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:50 am
Hmm, I'll have to consider if Ambra would return as I kind of wrote her character in a different direction. Perhaps she would come back as an Artificer.

I'm in though. Just have to figure out who to play.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:33 am
I'm definitely interested in joining up, though I feel inclined to defer to any of the original three joining since we've got a canon, let them pick classes before I nab something. As it is I'm pretty happy trying out a striker, or accepting my fate to be the party defender.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:57 am
Yep, yep. I'll join this mess with the rest of em. Will definitely see what the three returnees do, but I have a character idea.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 am
Kowsauni
Hmm, I'll have to consider if Ambra would return as I kind of wrote her character in a different direction. Perhaps she would come back as an Artificer.

I'm in though. Just have to figure out who to play.

You can 'reclass'/rebuild her, if it's still the same Ambra. When OoK started, it was to teach newbies 4e and I was trying to let them see some of the options without overwhelming them with all the more extreme stuff, but that's passed now. Otherwise, if it's not Ambra, you'd be starting at baseline 2 like the rest.

If you missed any, OoK's character sheet thread has an Experience Log to see where you'd be at. The OOC also identifies the magic gear from the adventure.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 am
Hmm, would it be possible for me to play Tawny from the other discontinued game? She's already level 2. I'd just have to do some minor sheet adjustments, which is great considering how sort I am on time these days.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Iamnotsuicidesoldier1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:40 pm
I have a basic character concept together, but while they're a dwarf mechanically they're a mul for roleplay purposes. A lot of dark sun information and dragon magazine 399 specifically.

Do I have to take the 4d6 rolls and all that, or do standard array abilities count?

I just realized it will be particularly hard to make rolls on gaia's roll mechanic, is there a particular dice roll mechanic you want to use?

EDIT: This is a basic set-up utilizing the new dice stats. 17, 16, 15, 14, 14, 8.  
Psychofish rolled 20 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 1, 4, 5, 5, 5, 3, 4, 2, 1, 6, 6, 5, 4, 2, 5, 5, 6, 4 Total: 81 (20-120)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm
First five 4d6 incoming

Running Totals: 12, 15, 12, 15, 16, 11, 14  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 8 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 2, 5, 1, 6, 5, 3 Total: 27 (8-48)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:06 pm
Last 2 incoming  
Iamnotsuicidesoldier1 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 6, 5, 2, 1, 1, 5, 5, 1, 4, 6, 5, 4, 5, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3 Total: 69 (20-120)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:24 pm
7 x 4 = 28,

6, 1, 6, 5, - 2, 1, 1, 5, - 5, 1, 4, 6, - 5, 4, 5, 3, - 2, 2, 2, 3 Total: 69 (20-120)

First 5 Dice: 17, 8, 15, 14, 7  

Iamnotsuicidesoldier1

Iamnotsuicidesoldier1 rolled 8 0-sided dice: , , , , , , , Total: 0 (8-0)

Iamnotsuicidesoldier1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm
8 Dice, 2d6

Two dice results are:

Final Result:  
Iamnotsuicidesoldier1 rolled 8 6-sided dice: 3, 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 4, 6 Total: 36 (8-48)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:28 pm
Eh... re-rolling. Last one was all zeroes? O.o

Must have typed it in wrong.

8 Dice, 2, 4d6

3, 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 4, 6

Two dice results are: 16, 14,

Final Result: 17, 8, 15, 14, 16, 14, 7

17, 16, 15, 14, 14, 8. That's really good actually. Wondering if there isn't something more fancy one could do with it, herm...  

Iamnotsuicidesoldier1

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 pm
I have a paladin halfway done. If anybody else wanted to defender, I can easily pick up some kind of striker though- I've got more than one character worth of ideas for warlock alone.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff