Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
Make It Tso Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:13 am
мαкє ιт тsσ

User Image

More set to a casual restaurant, Make It Tso offers a wide
variety of Asian cuisine! From Vietnamese to Chinese, either get your Phó on
or settle down for a quick little snack, like some good ol' spring rolls.
Regardless! Make It Tso is the perfect spot for your Asian food kick. Take a
seat at one of the many red and black striped booths, set with marble black
tables, or step up for to-go, they'll be right with you! Not to mention there's the
golden paint art along the sides of the walls- Including the "thai fighters". Can
you spot them all?

Available Items:
Singular Entree: $4.00
Two Entress: $7.00
Bowl (1 Entrees & 1 Side): $6.00
Plate (2 Entrees & 1 Side): $9.00
Plate (3 Entrees & 2 Sides): $12.00

Side: $1.50
Drink: $1.25
Spring Rolls (2): $1.50
Egg Rolls (2): $2.00
Crab Ragoons (4): $2.50
Mochi (Small bowl): $3.00
(Any extras will range between $1.50 and $3.50.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 am
asbloodrunscold

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

⊙〖OOC: Sorry for the wait! Excuse the rusty writing...Today's Outfit: Somewhat-Business Day OutFeeling: Thoughtful; Worried.Money: $1480.50〗⊙

( ♬ But I think my mistakes became the chemistry for my miracles... • )

Aubrey tucked the back sole of her shoe against her foot for the final time, resting her hand along the doorway until she was sure the van-like footwear would stay snug against her foot. It wasn’t so much the shoe, but rather the sock that had gotten tucked against her heel as she made her way inside. She shimmied her dark chocolate curls out, scanning the vicinity with bright and practically neon amethyst eyes - full of life in contrast to the subject she’d be bringing up here soon. She had met with several vendors interested in the place, and although she hated the idea of selling it off to someone she wasn’t personal with, the stress was all too much. No longer could she stow away during the nightly hours after she’d finish up with the bar and work on inventory beneath any employee’s gaze, hidden away in the darkness for them to come to a shop fully stocked. The memory each and every time she strolled in the front door - the bell eliciting an elongated ring, her gaze expecting to find a tall honey brunette standing behind the counter top with an excited smile she considered, at this point, fake… It stung too much to make any sense of keeping it. If there was no turning back now- She sighed. No. There was no turning back, was there? That had been the end of it. The last of it. Months on months she waited for phone calls, for hope that he’d return to the door with hydrangeas in hand, sporting a new helmet he’d found on his trek to find his parents… She inhaled heavily, replacing the previous sigh.

Why would she need to keep the messes, need to reorganize everything he had strewn behind? The same small voice came to rally against her throat, of which she swallowed down harshly until she was sure the squabble was silenced. Instead, she searched for the same picture on the license inputted through the system. It had taken some convincing. She could only imagine the woman’s confusion at being emailed and called through a common benefactor rather than the man himself. She cleared her throat. Once there was no sign, she awaited the next host or hostess patiently, making her way to the directed table and taking a seat. Her thighs were cold against the red vinyl booth, her fingers strumming quietly over the dark, smoothed wooden table. Frankly, it reminded her of a similar Asian restaurant she had found in Texas a while back. She pressed her ankles together, bouncing her legs on the tips of her toes in wait. The ends of her tresses curved against her collarbone. She needed a night out to herself. Something to become more familiar with her lifestyle. She was 23! But at the rate her life was moving, she felt more like 40.

( • ... And I think that my tests became my testimonies. ♬ )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(♬♪♬Melpomene-Zamir♬♪♬)

"There is no need to fear the dark.."

Finding this new place was a bit of trouble for the ghost, if not for her lovely blue bird it might have taken her longer though she left early so as not to be too late. She had not really known it was here so it may have been knew. The spirit was excited however for the reason she was here was because one of the owners of the place had finally ordained to speak with her, at least if the voice from that....thing in her house was correct.

As she arrived the extremely tall spirit bowed to the hostess telling her she was here to meet someone. The spirit however was unsure of a description to give in which to accurately reflect her inquiry. Her bird however was, even from a vague notion of where they might be. The bird got the attention of the hostess, pointing towards a table where a woman sat alone, seemingly waiting for someone. With that understanding the two were let in, the ghost gliding her way over to the table where she stood. She gave a bow "Miss Teagan?" she inquired to the soul at the table, her tone of voice was calm, peaceful, melodic and natural. Mel knew how to approach her betters, hiding just how nervous she was about this whole thing.

It was not Aubrey who hired her, but this meant that she was going to have to make sure she impressed the woman. It was strange to be contacted so out of the blue by a name was was only vaguely familiar to her thanks to a shared name. It seems she was to be handling how the store proceeded, for she had not heard from the man who brought her on board. All the same, it was important to Mel to meet Aubrey for she was still her boss, and Mel hoped that she had done a proper job bringing about the satisfaction and joy she imagined the two had envisioned when they opened the store.

The spirit bowed, wrapping her river of hair about her shoulders so as to prevent it from dragging the floor "I am Melpoemene Zamir, we spoke over the email?" she prayed she was right, she wasn't able to read any of it thanks to her lack of sight. She had something installed on her computer to read text which Lelwani helped her operate proper still.
Speaking of which, the blue bird bundled herself up upon the ghosts shoulders, waving to the woman like the spirited little thing she was though....something was familiar about this one, as though she had seen her before. The feathered fiend couldn't place it quite it.

For now the two stood, wishing to make sure they were in the countenance of the right person.

Translation(s):

"...for I will act as your guide in even the most starless of nights.."

Venue:[Make it Tso] ✉✉Accompaniment:[[Lelwani, The Bird], Hopefully the right person]✉✉Mood:[fröhlich [Joyful]]✉✉Finance:[$715.5]✉✉Style:[Solo]✉✉Attire: [In Picture]✉✉OOC:

oOBookwormYumiOo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:45 pm
asbloodrunscold

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

⊙〖OOC: --Today's Outfit: Somewhat-Business Day OutFeeling: Surprised; NervousMoney: $1480.50〗⊙

It wasn’t like she couldn’t go by herself - but the thought of not having too many friends still plagued her existence. She sighed, shifting to rest her cheek upon her hand instead, curving her fingers until her fingertips brushed against her temple. Tyrese would go if she asked enough, but with Sela this week - it wasn’t likely she’d find it convincing to just leave her with a babysitter. She exhaled. It was part of the reason she had chosen to… “Put off” her own events, so to speak. The idea of bringing a child - a baby into a broken family with a mother that sat confused day to day, stressed of what her life would become. Things were easier, absolutely, but that wasn’t to say it wasn’t hard to think about it. She rolled her tongue against the roof of her mouth before shaking her head softly- Jolted at the sudden voice beside her. Miss Teagan? A sharp pain threaded itself deep within her chest. Teagan. She was still a Teagan. Part of her strained not to correct her, instead feigning the slightest of smiles on her lips. ”Yes!” She pressed her free hand against the table, reaching out a hand for the woman to take, though it immediately almost retracted at seeing the woman bow. There was one thing she couldn’t pass- Tall. She was shocked! Of course, she had seen the profile- But it was a profile. A head of a woman without the rest of the body. Was she really so tall? Silent syllables stumbled across the brunette’s plush lips. ”Melpomene-” Mental strike one. When had she forgotten to be professional? Miss Zamir- Ah, I’m sorry. I haven’t.. It’s been a long time since I’ve spoken with new employees.” She laughed.

What was- Her gaze drifted from the woman’s face to her shoulder, spotting the cerulean avian with bright, curious amethyst orbs. Did it just.. Wave to her? She cracked a smile, tilting her chin back with another soft laugh. ”Please! Take a seat, take a seat.” She shifted back to straighten herself, pressing her back up against the booth cushion behind her. ”I’m so glad I’m finally meeting you! I don’t think I’ve met any of the employees we’ve had recently.” Nor would Finn have. Ever. ”I’m so sorry about that. Usually I like to at least meet the new employees, but I’ve just been so all over the place- And things have gotten so jumbled up- And ugh!” She shook her hands palm facing forward back and forth, her green sleeves shimmering with thin fabric. ”You can just call me Bree.” God she was tall. Unnaturally so. ”Are you hungry? I’ve heard this place is relatively new.”

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:41 pm

(♬♪♬Melpomene-Zamir♬♪♬)

Mel was quiet as she waited for a confirmation on whether or not she had approached the right table, her hand in the other and held against against her dress with a soft smile adorning her face. She still continued to look forward unable to follow any of Bree's movements. The bowing certainly didn't help when the woman extended a hand to shake, but the confirmation of her identity was of great help to her. The spirit was happy she had not embarrassed herself by mistaking another for her boss.
Of course, as she said her first name the ghost perked up a bit before the correction. Melpoemene still smiled "It is quite alright. Melpomene suits me just fine as well if you so wish." Mel was always fine with someone using her first name when they spoke to her. It was actually much more comfortable to spirit than simply being called by her last name.

Lelwani on the other hand was busy waving, before moving her wing in front of Mel's eyes to possibly show Bree a sign that the woman she was currently speaking with had no eye-sight since such a thing was probably not listed on the profile, though Mel had brought it up in the interview with the family friend who hired her though she looked quite different back then. Her eyes would never even open at the time.
It was lucky that they had some help updating the profile to reflect the new appearance even if Mel was unaware of this change herself.

With the invitation to sit the spirit did some, swiftly and gracefully planting herself against the firm cushions setting her plum-colored hair aside. She moved her gaze in the direction of her boss as she spoke of being happy to finally meet her, or how absent she had been. Melpomene actually had no clue how many people had worked at the store before she arrived, or who was there. She was the only one for some time before Anthony also took a job at the store.
Melpomene shook her head "I am happy to finally meet you as well. I can understand a busy life, but at least now we can finally meet face to face!" she sang clearly not even the least bit upset with how long it had taken. Melpomene was still hoping that Bree, as she had been permitted to call her, was still happy with her work if she had checked in.

Lelwani took the time to nestle in the spirit a bit more, sitting on her shoulder. Actually sitting, as though the spirits shoulder was a chair. The cerulean bird looking about for a moment at the new place. It smelled nice, this seemed like a place where that one monkey-girl she met might have been but she seemed to have vanished.

Melpomene thought for a moment "Oh yes, I would have arrived sooner but it took me some time to find it because of how new it is. It is delightful to have such a place here however!" new thins were now. At the offer of food she shook her head slowly "I can eat. Would you like me to pay? I have no problem with such." she smiled. Hopefully the place had braille on their menu's to make this easier. Mel was actualyl a bit excited to eat here.

Translation(s):

Venue:[Make it Tso] ✉✉Accompaniment:[[Lelwani, The Bird], Bree Teagan]✉✉Mood:[fröhlich [Joyful]]✉✉Finance:[$715.5]✉✉Style:[Solo]✉✉Attire: [In Picture]✉✉OOC: Edits, sorry about this.

oOBookwormYumiOo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:34 pm
asbloodrunscold

⊙〖OOC: --Today's Outfit: Somewhat-Business Day OutFeeling: Nervous; Thoughtful.Money: $1480.50〗⊙

Why did she feel so sporadic and panicked? It was nerve-wracking. She hadn’t felt pre-jitters like this since she had to perform a speech video for her professor - and even then that was over a video chat! Not even the first day of teaching had made her so absolutely ready to bolt from the room. Or maybe it was just knowing… The mistakes brought on by the honey brunette were hers to fix. Now, as of this moment, she would need to confront the further steps in her life. And those- She tucked her fingertips beneath the booth cover, feeling against the plastic-like polish. So she would call her Melpomene. The same bird constantly waved its plume again and again through the woman’s vision and shockingly, she never once blinked nor offered any sort of disturbed offense. Unless- Bree’s cheeks flourished with bright pink coloration, immediately embarrassed at the lack of knowledge prior. Holding her hand out, gesturing… She should have looked harder at the file to see any physical ailments! With an embarrassed wave of thanks she rested her fingertips against her head, molding the skin with pressure before pulling back with a small, apologetic smile. Idiot! How could she be so absolutely inconsiderate? Of course, it wasn’t as if she could have possibly known without reading further into the file, but- No! That was exactly it! She needed to look into it. She was the owner’s wife, in all legality, for the love of God.

”Oh no! Please! I insist. I’ll take care of it” She shook her hands frantically - a useless gesture nonetheless, but it came naturally. It was the least she could do for being so nonexistent in the employee’s lives. ”I wish it could be the first time! When I was younger, I used to vacation here with my parents during the summer. And we would stay in this little beach house they’d open up for rent over in Etoile- Right there on the coast?” She sighed at the memory. Years. Years upon years she had known the beaches of Soleil. ”And there used to be this place with Asian bistro like this called ‘Bo Ling’s’. It was just amazing.” She rested her hands over the menu, smoothing over the black laminated letters beneath. ”But ahm…” She cleared her throat. ”So you’ve been with us for… Three months? A little over I think?” Somewhere around New Years, maybe. Maybe… Jordan, at the time, would have been the one to take care of things. It wouldn’t be possible for one of the cashiers alone. She paused, watching a woman with pinned back raven hair make their way over to her table. The woman leaned onto one foot, straightening the burdened.
”Welcome to Make It Tso. Can I get you guys started with something to drink?” ”Just a Dr. Pepper for me, please.” She smiled brightly, awaiting Melpomene to speak next. Once she did, and once the woman left, she continued on understandably. ”Three months…”

”So tell me a little bit about yourself Melpomene. Have you moved here recently?” She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth. The least she owed to her would be the idea that she could become friends with the old owner before setting off to the new. She had made it a point to press for each individual to keep their job if they decided to keep it. From what she understood, regardless of whomever took the building and business, renovations would be done in a timely manner. She eyed the blue bird perched on her shoulder for a few moments as well. Was it a sort of guide-bird at this point? Or simply a companion?

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:18 pm

(♬♪♬Melpomene-Zamir♬♪♬)

Lelwani was happy Bree understood, she knew Mel was loathe to bring it up herself unless it was important and most often never noticed naturally even with the discoloration of Mel's eyes.

Melpomene gave a small bow as Bree mentioned she wished to be the one to take care of it. Melpomene would have preferred paying, but the tone the woman took on and her words portrayed someone wishing to do a kindness. Melpomene made sure to make a mental note to pay her back in some way later. She remained a bit quiet, gently moving her fingers across the laminated sheet to see if perhaps she would have luck and the menu might have braille upon it, but alas the encased sheet was as smooth as the tables they ate upon. Melpomene gently set it down however, clearly not deterred by this. She was used to it.
Most places didn't bother since menu changes meant more print, she understood. Perhaps they had some, but she wasn't in state to ask for now. Her focus was more on her boss than anything.

The story was a nice one, a gentle smile resting upon the spirits face as she spoke of older times. To have such memories was nice and for Melpomene to hear it brought joy to her. She kept her hands gently together "That sounds incredibly nice. Soliel seems to be willing to host all manner of things for people, whatever happened to that particular shop?" she asked curiously though she hoped it was nothing too bad. Either way, this place was a fine addition to this fine city of theirs and perhaps she might be able to visit more often when not tending to the store.

The subject changed, a mention of her time serving the store. Melpomene shook her head gently "Oh yes! Just a little over I believe, but its been a wonderful three months since I was hired. Its such a wonderful place you have made." it may have sounded like Melpomene was playing up her kindness so as to stay in her superior's good graces, but Mel was being genuine. There were no tells for any false emotion, Mel truly loved the store even for her relatively short time managing it.
When the server came she craned her neck a bit to hear better "Green tea if possible, otherwise water suits me just fine." she spoke gently. The spirit was a simple woman.

She turned her full attention back to Bree who asked a question Mel was almost nervous to answer. Her eyes of course never flinched, but under the table her hands lightly gripped her dress. She took a silent inhale, enough to calm herself, that sweet scent she always knew was clear. She was sure she wasn't meaning to go that deep, just some normal questions. Same as Solaris right? She smiled "I have recently moved here thanks to the recommendation of a friend. I was a wandering musician before settling here, not much of a home. Occasionally a noble or someone asking for my services would provide me a place to stay, but Soleil is more steady."

Lelwani nodded her head, knowing Mel was just as nervous. Luckily the birds mood made it easier to keep the atmosphere calm. While for a demon her calming pheromones were an embarrassing power, if it kept the spirit calm she was happy to have it.
Lelwani noticed Bree's gaze and gave tweets in return. She even appeared to be able to shape her wings to seemingly give a..thumb up? As if giving little tells for her owner, or if Mel might be hard to read. Everything was fine.

Translation(s):

Venue:[Make it Tso] ✉✉Accompaniment:[[Lelwani, The Bird], Bree Teagan]✉✉Mood:[fröhlich [Joyful]]✉✉Finance:[$715.5]✉✉Style:[Solo]✉✉Attire: [In Picture]✉✉OOC:

oOBookwormYumiOo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 am
asbloodrunscold

⊙〖OOC: LOOK. LOOK WHAT I'M DOING.Today's Outfit: Somewhat-Business Day OutFeeling: Nervous; Thoughtful.Money: $1480.50〗⊙

Aubrey laid her cheek against her now propped up hand with understandable embarrassment laced still on the tips of her cheeks. The pink tint remained flustered. She exhaled softly. At least Melpomene couldn't possibly see the embarrassment, as long as Bree could keep her tone in check. "Ahh..." What did happen to that shop? She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth. "I... Want to say it closed down when the owner retired? I think..." Though she could somewhat remember her mother mentioning something about his wife dying and him ceasing operations because it caused him too much pain. She bit her tongue. "S-Something like that." A cool glass was settled in front of her, her gaze landing on the tip of the straw with a small closed paper sheath to protect from oncoming germs on the way over. Pinching it off and dropping it to the table, she pressed her fingertips against the condensation and slid it back towards herself, pulling a leg up to cross over her knee. Even over the scent of Asian food she could smell the sugary sweet confections emanating off of what she assumed was Melpomene's perfume. Her nose twitched, her nostrils flaring. It was pleasant to say the least - exactly how much time was she spending at Sucre's? A smile quirked against her lips. It was nice to see someone enjoying the store as much as she had months ago.

Slowly the blush began to disperse and she took in a deep breath, scanning over the laminated menu beside her drink. Brushing her hand, she flicked the water droplets forming at the bottom of her glass without physically touching them. They swept away from the menu, her eyes lingering over the sesame chicken as a small twinge of hunger twitched on the back of her tongue. When was the last time she was eaten? Suddenly she felt the small p***k of craving in her stomach. "Nobles, wow!" That had to be exciting for someone that played an instrument, she could only imagine her genre type was something a little more relaxing and professional. "It must be nice to settle down though. I can't imagine having to travel from place to place." Not even the slightest bit. She would hate to think she'd have to settle anywhere outside of Soleil; or California for that matter. Calico had been an experience all on its own - but she did love her beaches. And although she wanted to move further into her personal life, she'd have to steady back onto the subject and reason she had brought Melpomene here. She flexed her fingers.

"I... Know I mentioned this somewhat in the email, but I thought a more professional meeting would be better." There was no way to put this lightly. But fortunately, she had made a deal with any new owners that were interested to keep on any current staff that wanted to stay so long as they met the new requirements. They'd have 30 to 60 days of "immunity", and at that point, the new ownership would decide whether or not they were worth keeping on hand for the staff. Judging by her personality, from what she could judge for now, Melpomene would have no problem fitting in. She wasn't sure about the other newer staff member, though. She cleared her throat. "Sucre's will be going under a new management soon." Smoothing her hands over the table, she pulled back from the cool surface, instead resting her hands in the center of her lap. "Unfortunately I've had some familial issues that have just put too much stress on.. Well, everything." She smiled meekly. "I actually own the bar across the street - The Shimmering Starfish?" She wouldn't be offended if the woman hadn't heard of it. "And it's just too much stress on me to take care of both right now." She sighed.

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:42 pm

(♬♪♬Melpomene-Zamir♬♪♬)

Mel remained there rather still as Bree tried to recount the fate of the old store. The spirit gently shook her head though she could tell from the way Bree spoke that there was more too it. However, it was not Mel's place to pry and so she was just going to leave it be. The spirit gently folded her hands in front of her as she waited for her own tea to arrive. After a little while it did, a very hot cup being placed down in front of her. Mel bowed her head gently before feeling about, waiting until she found its heated surface. She gently took it in her hands not minding the heat as she raised it to her lips gently, taking a little sip.

Mel would lower it slowly, taking in the heavenly aroma as Bree spoke again. Mel gave a small chuckle "I...." she seemed to direct her non-existent gaze to the side "It is nice to finally have a home." she said a bit quietly taking a deep "breath" as she took in the scent of sweets and tea, calming her nerves very much. Mel had been pretty much everywhere in her unlife, and Soleil was the closest she really did have to a home now that hers no longer existed. It was just so nice to be here that she couldn't imagine leaving it. For now anyway, who knew when people might tire of her presence here?

Mel went quiet again as her boss decided it was time to get down to brass tacks. Mel was aware of what it was about as it was written in the email, but well here they were for the meeting. It was nice to at least meet Aubrey before she transferred the store to another. Mel shook her head "Yes, I believe you mentioned that." she said though the mention of the at the mention The Shimmering Starfish Mel went into a bit of thought. She knew of the place but had yet to go inside of it, perhaps she might visit..

Snapping back to reality Mel gave Aubrey a little smile "It is unfortunate, but I do understand familial troubles perfectly so I can understand. I, however, promise that if the new management likes me I'll continue to take care of your store." she bowed "And any time you wish to stop by I will be delighted to receive you. I am there most of the time due to lack of....alternative activities and regardless of whether you own it or not it is yours."" she stated taking another sip "And anytime you need someone to talk to, or just wish to stop by the door is likely open." she gave Aubrey a true friendly smile.

The bird nodded her head, seemingly crossing her wings as she did so.

Mel thought "I believe there was something about a possible renovation as well right?" she inquired. Mel wasn't sure if the new owner would like her at all, or appreciate a ghost running the store, but she hoped to be able to make Aubrey proud of her own store for as long as she did work there.

Translation(s):

Venue:[Make it Tso] ✉✉Accompaniment:[[Lelwani, The Bird], Bree Teagan]✉✉Mood:[fröhlich [Joyful]]✉✉Finance:[$715.5]✉✉Style:[Solo]✉✉Attire: [In Picture]✉✉OOC: JOY OF JOYS! *Sorry for the wait*

oOBookwormYumiOo

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces