Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Resources
►The Platinum Report: Everything about the new currency◄ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This is a poll.
  Wow, amaze, so bamboozled.
  I know what a poll is >_>
  Just gib currency, pls.
View Results

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:09 am
Marc Gosgosh

wink You're welcome!

Back in August there was a fix to enable booty grab to grant platinum. The fix actually worked and most users were receiving more than 1 plat from games. Not sure if another change resulted in few users receiving platinum. Some users say they are still getting 5 plat from games, which adds to the confusion, lol.

I agree, it does feel like BG is being let go bit by bit. From what I understand, the coding is old, there is a pretty big list of glitches/issues to be addressed, and it is no longer considered one of the main features for Gaia - which places it a lot lower on the 'to-do' list than other features. At a past ATS session Lanzer mentioned booty grab might not receive updates for when flash is eventually no longer supported. The upside is there are a few devs who have been willing to make some changes to BG from time to time. The booty grab community has been dwindling for some time though, so it's not like there's a huge number of users to justify immediate changes. sweatdrop

Will miss BG if it eventually gets removed. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am
Haven't checked what the earnings are like when using gold currency, but when using platinum currency Jigsaw still grants in gold. Most of the time Insane difficulty grants 50 mill gold, which is the equivalent of 5 plat.

Once in a while I get 1 mill gold in-between 50 mill grants. Pretty sure it's not due to capping since I'll get another 50 mill grant on the same day.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:39 am
Darkerdemons
Haven't checked what the earnings are like when using gold currency, but when using platinum currency Jigsaw still grants in gold. Most of the time Insane difficulty grants 50 mill gold, which is the equivalent of 5 plat.

Once in a while I get 1 mill gold in-between 50 mill grants. Pretty sure it's not due to capping since I'll get another 50 mill grant on the same day.

Ok, I just tried the easy and medium ones as the Insane difficulty takes ages to complete. At least for me. sweatdrop

I never got gold in plat mode there, maybe it is a glitch? Then again, given it seems to be even a lesser used function than BG there might be no dev willing to look into that.

I mean, it's nice to have that variety and all, but damn! Maybe reducing the amount of functions/games while making sure there is next to 0 bugs/glitches in the few remaining ones might be a good idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:27 am
Lanzer

Platinum Earning increased, Booty Grab Fixed

There was a bug that was affecting the platinum grant calculation. Now that the bug is fixed, platinum earning should be increased across the board!

Booty grab had also been fixed. The platinum reward amount for booty grab should be fixed soon.

Seems like I was a bit quick about the whole "they will let it slide into the dark".

EDIT: Now that we get A LOT more plat, I have to re-evaluate all the functions. Oh boy, here we go again... lol (and by "a lot" I mean 108 plat from a daily chance and 92 plat from posting this. Yea, this is a tad too much in my opinion as it means the fires of inflation will burn bright again)  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 am
Marc Gosgosh

ninja At the moment users can get over 9,000 10,000 platinum from owning a tank and playing booty grab games.

Some users are finding they reach a point where they only get 0/1 platinum from games instead of what the post-game grant screen suggests (compare pre- and post-game platinum to determine what you actually receive from a game). Other users don't have this problem. For affected users, the 'cap' appears to be linked to posting in the forums (such as bumping glow threads). It can be avoided through one of two methods:
1) Using gold currency for bumping glow threads, collecting daily chance, and voting in runway - using platinum currency for playing booty grab games
2) If the user has an alternate account, using one account for bumping glow threads and the other for playing booty grab.

Interesting Fact: If a player scores between 80 and 107 106 points in a game, the owner gets a really hefty amount of platinum if their account is in platinum currency (score of 106 = 534 platinum for owner). When this happens, the owner actually gets more platinum than most players can earn from a single game (score of 1182 = 297 platinum for player). If a player exceeds 107 106 points, however, the owner gets... 1 platinum.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 am
As always, your updates are invaluable @Darkerdemons! biggrin

I will make sure to work it into the thread once I am done with my bachelor theses mid December.

------------------

Further Future Update Plans

Seasonal events in Lake Kindred and zOMG!

Welcome to Gaia page advertisement system

Including Lanzer's FaQ

If anyone can think of a feature/way to make money besides selling (MP, art...) and which hasn't been addressed already, then please notify me! heart  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:35 am
Marc Gosgosh
As always, your updates are invaluable @Darkerdemons! biggrin

I will make sure to work it into the thread once I am done with my bachelor theses mid December.

wink You're welcome. My number for the score in the post was off by one. Fixed that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:37 am
Marc Gosgosh

Forgot to mention, there's a fabulous chart for booty grab earnings in this post.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:03 pm
ninja Booty Grab earnings are still going up. A user played booty grab earlier today and earned 612 platinum in one game for the tank owner.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:33 pm
The earnings in zOMG have gone up as well. Smob runs now give 1500-2000p per run.  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 am
Thanks for keeping up with the good work, @Auriga and @Darkerdemons. heart

I will definitely have to look into those and start writing soon. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 am
Marc Gosgosh
Thanks for keeping up with the good work, @Auriga and @Darkerdemons. heart

I will definitely have to look into those and start writing soon. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting.

ninja You're welcome! Owner earnings from tanks appear to fluctuate with the marketplace. The average for this data is probably around 620.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

☆ Resources

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas