Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Yo guys switch to platinum

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:06 pm
Go to your account settings under my gaia and change your currency type to platinum. Each platinum coin is worth 10 million gold and you will earn a minimum of 1 platinum for everyday actions like posting in forums. Do it nao.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:55 am
maui boy no ka oi

scream Hold it right there, criminal scum! You violated... err, sorry. Wrong game.

Depending on how you makes profit on this page, you might reconsider switching to platinum mode permanently.
Long story short: certain features can net you more in plat mode and others in gold mode.

There will be a guide, once the dust has settled a bit. Expect it in 1~3 weeks.

If you are just the "posting" type and dont bother with Gaias games, I wholeheartly agree to switch to platinum mode permanently.
However, if you are a LK farmer and/or regular zOMG player, you might want to switch back and forth the currency modes. (Gold for LK and plat for zOMG)  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 pm
o -o; I assumed that we were all being granted the same amount of currency per action. That it would just show up differently depending on which system.

Like, platinum won't show the small amounts of gold you earn... until it adds up to affect the 10 million digit.

And, zOMG was already having issues showing the gold amount on screen since it would lag. So the amount of gold you see on screen is actually more. You'd just have to refresh the website later to see how much gold you actually learned.

I guess I'm looking forward to hearing if there's actually a difference in currency output depending on which mode you're in. Personally XD; I think I'll stay with gold for a while. ...at least until everything has a minimum output of 10m gold/1plat. If I switched to the platinum system, I'd feel as poor as I am.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:30 pm
sdrawkcab
o -o; I assumed that we were all being granted the same amount of currency per action. That it would just show up differently depending on which system.

Like, platinum won't show the small amounts of gold you earn... until it adds up to affect the 10 million digit.

And, zOMG was already having issues showing the gold amount on screen since it would lag. So the amount of gold you see on screen is actually more. You'd just have to refresh the website later to see how much gold you actually learned.

I guess I'm looking forward to hearing if there's actually a difference in currency output depending on which mode you're in. Personally XD; I think I'll stay with gold for a while. ...at least until everything has a minimum output of 10m gold/1plat. If I switched to the platinum system, I'd feel as poor as I am.
I just now realized your name is backwards spelled backwards due to your sig. I always thought it meant something like "SD Raw Cab" like the SD plus dolls. Learn something new every day lol. Anyway, one platinum is granted for pretty much every action you do. This post will earn me one plat. I'm earning 10m gold just for posting this reply while you're suck with a few thousand. Switch now to take full advantage son!  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

80,800 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:33 pm
maui boy no ka oi
I just now realized your name is backwards spelled backwards due to your sig. I always thought it meant something like "SD Raw Cab" like the SD plus dolls. Learn something new every day lol. Anyway, one platinum is granted for pretty much every action you do. This post will earn me one plat. I'm earning 10m gold just for posting this reply while you're suck with a few thousand. Switch now to take full advantage son!

xD I'm so glad to see someone else was the same as me when it came to Sdraw's name. I'm embarrassed to say that it took me ages to notice that it was "backwards" backwards.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:55 am
1st of all: still working on that guide. I try to test every last feature and measure their individual gold/plat output to have my guide as complete as possible.

2nd: I dont want to brag but I got sdrawback's name pretty fast. Might be that way, because I had a knack once, too, for chosing user names written backwards. lol I still have that one Kongregate account with my real name written backwards...I thought I was so smart with 17 years on my back. lol  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces