Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Harper's New York Apartment Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:45 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:54 pm
User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀H a r p e rXXJ a m e s ↘↘ Bartender and Aerokinetic
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

So what can you show me, That my heart don't know already?
We make our own sense, And you're qualified to me.

Harper stood at the edge of the kitchen of her New York apartment, sipping a mug of coffee and staring into the living room. The night before, she had brought a very drunk Deviant home to sleep on her couch. The man had attacked her with smoke, and then passed out on the floor after being stopped. She had chosen to bring him with her, unwilling to just leave him asleep on their doorstep. He still hadn't woken up, but Harper was sure he would have a horrid hangover when he finally did. She stepped forward, pushing herself away from the wall with her elbows and approached the couch where he was still passed out and stared at him for a moment. He was certainly handsome. She wondered which side of the war he was on, if any, and what could have possibly happened to make him drink so much. After a moment she sighed and turned to her dining table, pulling out one of the stools and seating herself, ready to wait a while for the man to wake up. She couldn't exactly run any errands with a stranger asleep in her apartment. She crossed one leg over another and pulled out her phone, scrolling through notifications and texts from her coworkers making sure she was alright.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Home ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Another Deviant ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Curious
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:00 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

Leon gave a painful groan. While he was dependent on a certain level of alcohol in his system to function, he had definitely hit the bottle way to hard last night. He just needed to get the voices out of his head for a while. Forget what happened for a few hours. Stubbornly he refused to open his eyes knowing it would only result in adding pain to his hangover migraine. Besides, he had no where to be. No until Providence called again and sent him on another mission. Unfortunately his plans were ruined by an unexpected slobbery wet lick from a mysterious tongue. “Ah.” He made a sound somewhere between surprise and disgust as he raised his hands in defence from the wet onslaught and bloodshot eyes shot open. Dog? He didn't have a dog? Did he leave the door open last night, or bring in a stray? With a groan he sat up, giving his furry friend a few pets on the head in the hopes of staving off the attack, and blinked in confusion. “This isn't my apartment.”

Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:23AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:17 pm
User Image

Harper raised an eyebrow as her dog Mack sauntered in, coming to a stop at the couch before hopping up to barrage the intruder with kisses. Some guard dog. The man squirmed briefly, and made a noise, defending himself from the licks and sitting up. He patted the dog on the head kindly and Mack, satisfied, curled up beside him now that there was room, laying his large head on the man's lap. "You're right about that." She said with a laugh. "It's mine. Welcome. Make yourself comfortable." She said sarcastically, as really he already had."You want coffee?" She asked him, getting up to refill her own mug. She stayed at the edge of the kitchen, leaning against the doorway. "You attacked me, you know." She began bluntly, but with a hint of teasing in her voice. She obviously wasn't that upset. "You're lucky I didn't call the cops." Harper shot him a smirk, taking a sip of coffee before setting down her mug and going to grab him one. "What's your name anyway? Are you one of the good guys or the bad guys?" She questioned him rather relentlessly. She filled the cup and brought it to him, grabbing her own on the way back and going to join him on the couch, though she sat on the opposite side of Mack. She scratched his fur with one hand while she held her coffee in the other, pulling her feet up under her. "And one more thing; How on Earth did you manage to drink that much? I don't think I've ever seen anyone get that drunk without puking." She chuckled, almost in admiration, really just teasing him with the last bit.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Home ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Another Deviant ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Curious
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:28 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

Leon looked up with confusion to see a rather stunning red sitting on a stool. Had they slept together? He wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not. If they had, he didn’t remember it so it seemed like a waste. He certainly wanted to remember this beauty. However he was quickly bombarded with questions and statements as she got up and headed towards the kitchen, grabbed some coffee and brought it back to him all in a whirl. He silently took the coffee from her, glad to see it was black, and watched as she sat down on the couch on the other side of the dog. Leon let a few seconds of silence go by to make sure she was done before speaking. “Yes, I’m sorry, Leon, thanks, that depends on who you call the good guys and with a lot of practice.” He said responding to everything she had said all in one go before taking a sip of the coffee. Despite the hangover and his initial silence he had been listening to everything she said.

Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:25AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 am
User Image

Harper waited patiently after her questioning for him to gather his thoughts and respond -- which he did all at once. She gave him a grin and took another sip of her own coffee. "Alright, well, then which side do you call the good guys?" She replied, fully determined to make him be the one to say. She wasn't on any "side", but she knew that anyone from Dominion would be far more trouble than the other option, and considering this man had attacked her in her bar he very well could be one of them. However, she could also attribute the behavior to being far too drunk to think properly. As he had said, he clearly had a lot of practice."Well, Leon, you out-drank some of my best customers last night. And didn't take too kindly to being told it was time to call it quits." She laughed again, and again it was more with admiration than any real anger or frustration. She really found the whole thing quite amusing. It was one of the most exciting events to happen in her life, if she was being completely honest... Well... Next to having superpowers.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Home ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Leon and Mack ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Curious
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:41 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

“I work for Providence.” He answered, running a hand through his hair while trying to figure out what to do next. Was he supposed to buy her breakfast or something? He hadn’t seen himself since waking up, but he could only imagine he wasn’t in the most presentable of states. Or was it better for them to go their separate ways? Damn, but he….the next thing she said pulled him out of his inner monolog and he gave her a bit of a surprised look. “You weren’t kidding about me attacking you, were you?” Suddenly he was looking her up and down with scrutiny. Well as much scrutiny as his migraine would allow. “I…uh…I didn’t hurt you did I?”

Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:26AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:10 pm
User Image

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and nodded. Apparently the answer had been more important to her than she thought. They sat there a minute longer, and Leon seemed to come to the realization that he really had attacked her. She shook her head with a grin as he looked her up and down, supposedly for injury."Don't worry. You couldn't even touch me." Harper laughed, almost in a taunting manner. "For one, you were drunk off your a**. For two --" She took another drink of coffee. "Apparently my power is better than yours." She wiggled her eyebrows in a challenging manner, as if she knew something he didn't know. Which she did, considering he had apparently been too drunk to remember the previous night's events.

User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:40 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

Apparently she was relieved he worked for Providence. He figured she probably didn’t know much about either side or the war waging out there. Someone from the Dominion wouldn’t last very long New York, though slightly longer than they would in D.C. There weren’t many things that surprised Leon, but her claim that he couldn’t even touch her certainly did. Drunk or not he was still a solider, and one with more experience than most about fighting drunk. Granted not black our drunk, but still he found himself more than a little impressed. He couldn’t help but grin as she claimed her power was better than his. “And what power would that be Miss?” It was in that moment Leon realised he didn’t know her name, but the conversation had gone on far too long for him to ask now.

Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:27AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:45 am
User Image

Clearly Leon didn't believe that she had bested him so easily, though she wasn't sure why he would think there wasn't at least a small possibility that it was true. The bemused grin on his face as he waited for her to tell him what she thought was such a great power confirmed this. She had also noticed that he had called her "Miss", which meant that she hadn't given him her name yet, but she decided to let him go on waiting. "I'm an aerokinetic. Which means: I shut you down without any effort at all." The redhead grinned back. She wasn't entirely sure what all his power entailed, but she knew there had been lots of smoke, and she had easily dispersed it. "Probably a good thing, too. I don't even want to think about what all that smoke could've done to the wood in there." She chuckled, waiting for his reaction. Of course, at the time she had been incredibly worried, but determined to keep her coworkers from being harmed. Now, however, he was little threat, and seemed to be taking the whole unraveling of events fairly well. "But now, when your friends ask what you did last night, you can tell them you got your a** beat by a girl." Harper teased.

User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:01 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

“It must have taken at least a little effort.” Leon complained. Though he couldn't really argue that he wasn't at a disadvantage power wise. He'd been made virtually useless at the Battle of New York by an aerokinetic. Luckily this one seemed a lot friendlier. He liked her. She was feisty, but kind. It took a special kind of person to stand up to a drunk looking for a fight only to give them a place to sleep for the night. “Clearly you haven't met some of the girls at Providence.” He said with a small chuckle when she said he'd have to tell her friends he got his a** beat by a girl. It wasn't so much that she was a girl that it was surprising, but that she was a civilian. “How did you manage to get my drunk a** all the way up here?”

Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:27AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 am
User Image

The redhead shrugged at his comment. "The hardest part was trying to decide whether or not to give myself away." Harper told him. The act of subduing him had been easy enough, but she had never told anyone of her powers. Using them so suddenly would have been a shock to everyone who knew her -- or thought they did. When he said she hadn't met the girls at Providence, she gave him another grin, taking a sip of her coffee before replying. "I'm afraid I haven't met many other deviants. Or, at least any that were aware I was also one. Maybe you can introduce me to them some time." She suggested with a pat of Mack's fur. It was course under her fingers, but clean. She was careful to give the pup regular baths. She focused on Mack a bit longer, spacing out until Leon directed another question towards her. She wasn't particularly tense. In fact, she oddly felt that he was trustworthy despite his outbreak in the bar. Other than his drunken attack, he didn't strike her as being particularly dangerous -- which was why she had brought him to sleep on her couch. She was more worried about where he would have ended up had she left him than what he was going to do to anyone else. She looked back at the male, removing her hand from the dog. With a twirl of her wrist, a gust of air entered the room and situated itself firmly under the male, lifting him from the couch quite unceremoniously so that he appeared to be levitating. "Just like that." She said triumphantly, feeling that the demonstration was in order though she was sure the movement would not bode well for his hangover.

User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:33 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

“I imagine that will make your next shift interesting.” He hoped if went better for her than it had for him when the military found out about his powers. Perhaps he should stick nearby in case things went badly for her. Then again, that might come off as creepy and stalkerish. He could warn her about what happened to him, and offer to hang around the next few days…..but he didn’t want to scare her and that didn’t seem much less stalkerish than his first thought. Leon raked a hand threw his hair as he debated on what to do. Her next words brought him back into the room though. “Uhh…yeah…maybe…” Now how was he supposed to get out of this one? He wasn’t going to let her anywhere near Providence. She was way to kind for him to let her be tainted by the ravages of war. Leon was a little surprised when he was suddenly lifted off the couch, but a sudden rush of nausea took over from the movement. “Alright, let me down.” He groaned.

Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:28AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:14 pm
User Image

Harper chuckled a bit at his response to being lifted into the air with his surely horrid hangover. She put him down again, without really noting his odd response to her previous question. She looked at him for a moment, studying him carefully as she continued to pet her dog. She was trying to decide what to do with him after the events of the previous night. He clearly owed her, but what could she ask of him? "So, Leon." She began, taking another sip of her coffee. The simple statement of his name sounded rather suspicious. "What can you do to make all this up to me?" She asked him, tapping her fingers against Mac's fur. She continued to stare at him, sure it was likely getting to the point that it might make him uncomfortable. She wasn't one to be bothered by it, though. "I've got it!" She said finally, setting her coffee cup down on the table beside the couch. "Why don't you take me for breakfast? I know a lovely little place, just up the road. It'll do your hangover good to get some food in you." She suggested. It was a simple request, and would benefit the both of them, except for maybe his wallet.

User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:36 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

He was thankful to be put down again. The room was spinning enough without being lifted into the air. He knew he was in trouble when she started studying him. More so when she said his name. “Make it up to you?” He repeated with concern. While he couldn’t argue that he’d probably be waking up in the gutter or maybe a drunk tank if it wasn’t for her involvement, he was concerned about what exactly she would ask for. “Breakfast.” He agreed with a smile. He definitely wouldn’t mind taking this attractive red head out for breakfast. Little did she know it also solved his dilemma of what he was supposed to do next, though it did bring up the problem that he still didn’t know her name. He quickly drained the last of his coffee and stood. “What would you like me to do with my cup?”

Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:30AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Private Role-play

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas