Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
I love the Bible Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:04 pm
It certainly has its fair share of quotable lines. One of my favorites:

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven" - Ecclesiastes 3:1

I am not a follower of Abrahamic religions, but I do my studies into their literature from time to time. I'd consider myself a philosopher more than anything else really.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:32 pm
maui boy no ka oi
It certainly has its fair share of quotable lines. One of my favorites:

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven" - Ecclesiastes 3:1

I am not a follower of Abrahamic religions, but I do my studies into their literature from time to time. I'd consider myself a philosopher more than anything else really.

Thank you! This reminded me of a song I was able to add to my list for that verse, "For Everything, Turn turn turn" which I have long enjoyed. emotion_hug  

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:29 pm
God's gifts today: church was awesome. Vicki told me how much she enjoyed my being liturgist. I love reading aloud from the Bible!

My kid and I talked for a while - things are going well for her at college as she prepares to start the new semester.

Dinner with my parents was wonderful, except I forgot it was the day before Dad's birthday, so no card. BUT they forgot to get him an apple pie, so Wednesday we celebrate!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 pm
This isn't Biblical, but it just put such a huge smile on my face I just had to thank God: Can't Stop That Feeling - dance mash up
Leading me to
Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee  

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:38 pm
Please watch over those who face violence in their lives.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:33 pm
For use at my next share group meeting:
Wisdom Hunters Devotion for August 22: Our former days do not have to be our best days, we can trust the Lord that the best is yet to be!

By Shana Schutte
But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8
For many people, living in the past is their biggest challenge. They idealize days gone by and wish for something that was, believing that if they could just go back life would be better than today.
But God reminds us in Ecclesiastes 7:10. . . “Do not say, ‘Why were the old days better than these?’ For it is not wise to ask such questions.”
It is not wise because looking back in regret chokes the life out of your days, which are finite. Once each minute clicks past on the clock, it is gone forever, never to be recovered. It’s not wise because it steals your joy. It’s not wise because it hinders your service to Christ. And it’s not wise because it’s not the truth. Every moment of every day is a mixture of good and bad, blessings and things that wound.
But what is true, is that God is working in the present. As some say, he is the God “I Am” not “I Was.” He is always moving forward in new work and blessing us in the moments we have right now.

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life” (Psalm 143:8 ).
Application
If you know there is something from the past that you need to release and trust the Lord with, talk with Him about it and tell Him you want to live fully in the present.
Related Readings: Psalm 56:3; 2 Corinthians 5:7; Psalm 37:3  

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:08 pm
Prayers for my coworkers and customers.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 pm
Heard a powerful message based on a verse in 1st Peter about how we need to give our anxieties to God, lay them at His feet, and turn them over to Jesus so we can be free of them, ready for hope and love He wants to pour into us. heart  

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:22 pm
Prayers for the people in harms way as hurricanes make landfall.

Prayers for the prisoners in the Kairos ministry and those serving them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 pm
Thought for today: Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
Proverbs 29:25 NIV  

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:32 pm
When tragedy like the Las Vegas shooting strikes, it is good to remember:
God is our refuge and strength, a help always near in times of great trouble.
Psalm 46:1
and
Jesus said to them, “I assure you that anyone who has left house, husband, wife, brothers, sisters, parents, or children because of God’s kingdom 30 will receive many times more in this age and eternal life in the coming age.”
Luke 18:29  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:12 am
Yes there are christians in the mature gaians guild, you would be more than welcome smile .. Lovely thread.

1John 4:3 .. He that does not know god has not come to know love because god is love  

Spiderliciously

Friendly Giver

28,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Party Animal 100

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:19 am
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
Romans 12:1 NIV  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:42 am
This thread is great! Keep it up!  

Tethyx

The Committee Staff Officer

275 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • nuGen Staff 25

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:57 pm
Tethyx
This thread is great! Keep it up!

Thanks for the encouragement!

I found this and wanted to add it to my playlist. lol - I don't have a playlist, just links to youtube videos I like.

Gloria!  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces