Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Leaky Cauldron ~ Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ι ∂ι∂ ιт '¢αυѕє ι ωαииα
                                                          αи∂ ι ∂ι∂ ιт '¢αυѕє ι'м gσииα
                                                          αи∂ ι ∂ι∂ ιт נυѕт вє¢αυѕє ι ¢αи
                                                          ι ∂ι∂ ιт '¢αυѕє ιт мαкєѕ мє fєєℓ ѕσ gσσ∂
                                                          αи∂ ι ∂ι∂ ιт вє¢αυѕє fυ¢к "тнє мαи"

spaceCici watched with wide eyes as the man cast a charm to clean the journal, noticing just how much ink he'd actually had to remove. Oh, hell, it'd been a lot. "You're a bad liar," she stated bluntly, too caught up in her own embarrassment to censor herself. Of course, a moment later, she felt like a complete heel, and slapped her hands over her mouth. "Oh, hell, I'm sorry, I didn't- I'm so sorry. That was so rude, I just, hell. I'm so, so sorry." She was going to wear the damn word out if she didn't shut up soon.

spaceAnd then, of course, he had to be so reassuring, even if he did kind of seem like he was at his wit's end. With her, or the situation, she didn't know. Ugh.
                                                          "No no, I couldn't. I obviously already ruined your night enough. I mean, you shouldn't have to be nice to me after I just messed up all that work, I'm fine, I'll live," she rambled, hands held up in surrender. "Besides, I am neither anxious nor fearful. Just embarrassed, like any grown woman should be after spilling her drink all over a man like a teen having her first drunken night. Especially since I'm not even drunk." Besides, he really could not seem less like he wanted company. Sitting all alone, writing to himself, and then his (perfectly understandable) apparent exasperation with her interruption was more than enough signal that her presence was extremely unwanted.

space"Probably too much to hope that whatever you were writing wasn't all that good, huh? I'll, uh." She gestured with her thumbs over her shoulder. "I'll just leave you be, um." Waving awkwardly, she walked off, figuring he'd be happy to see the last of her. Still, that didn't stop her from heading straight back to the bar, both to replace her own drink, and to buy him another butterbeer. She took advantage of an empty stool at the bar, figuring that she'd be best off not walking with any more drink in hand.

ι ∂ι∂ ιт αℓℓ тσ вяєαк
                                                          єνєяу ѕιиgℓє ρяє¢σи¢єινє∂ иσтισи тнαт уσυ нανє
                                                          ι ∂ι∂ ιт αℓℓ тσ ѕнαкє
                                                          єνєяу ѕιиgℓє σиє σf уσυя ємσтισиѕ
                                                          αи∂ נυѕт тσ мαкє уσυ
                                                          υи¢σмfσятαвℓє
                                                          ι ℓσνє тσ мαкє уσυ υи¢σмfσятαвℓє

wнere - Leaky Cauldron - Near the Bar
                                                          wнen - Friday Evening, Summer 2053
                                                          wιтн - Mirzam
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          Couldn't keep her at the table,
                                                          I figured her buying the drink anyway was a good way to get them to talk again?

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:12 am
User Image

𝗠𝗶𝗿𝘇𝗮𝗺_𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻_𝗢𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘀spaces
                                                        ( HalfbloodSalem AlumnusHogwarts School Nurse ) xxxxx

I can feel your eyes in the back of my head
                                                        Burning, burning, burning
                                                        Floating through the room as the hairs on my arms are
                                                        Rising, rising, rising
                                                        I'm chemically drawn closer to you
                                                        Eyes wide, eyes wide open
                                                        Will you be my future or just an escape?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mirzam snorted when the petite lady blurted out about how she perceived him as a "bad liar". "Mmmmmm, I'd say you're kiiiinda right. My brother would use to say that I wear my heart on my sleeve. But it's better than being a skeezah." And no, he's probably not gonna explain what "skeezah" means, unless she asked. It never crossed to Mirzam's mind that his favorite slang he picked up from years in Boston isn't very popular in Europe. He gently put away his journal to his tiny magic bag and shook his head that the lady's rather very nervous assumption, man he must have looked a bit too much of an Owens for that intimidating look huh? He was so convinced that he looks meek compared to... his late sister.

"Come on, pal," Mirzam also held up his hands as assurance, "Relax I'm not mad, besides it's my journal, a little bit to "summarize"- Mirzam did the air quotes. "What I can remember. If you think that I'm capable of sonnets and poetry I'm kind of sorry to disappoint," He quietly chuckled at his lighthearted remark, standing up facing her. It's becoming obvious that he actually was trying to socialize with her without any hint of annoyance, the whole mingling with people using baby steps as his therapist would suggest. Gesturing at the bar counter with his little head nod, Mirzam smiled and said, "Come on, pal, I'll buy you a drink. You're already having a rough time," Then he thought for a little while as if he was struggling to try the baby steps of "opening up". He needs to remind himself that no one is going to stalk him as soon as they find out his name, like a daily mantra. "Oh um, my name's Mirzam. In case you think I'm bein' shady since I'm a guy buying a stranger a drink. Anyway um, I kind of arrived recently here after years of staying in Boston. In America, I mean."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Those nights when your friends are gone
                                                        When you're holding on for someone to leave with
                                                        Those nights when you crave someone
                                                        To be there at dawn, to wake with, 'cause aren't we all just
                                                        Looking for a little bit of hope these days?
                                                        Looking for somebody you can wake up with?
                                                        Looking for a little bit of hope these days? (We are, we are)

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Summer 2053xx
                                                        wнere - Leaky Cauldronxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Himself
                                                        xxxxxx

MJ Spooks

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:02 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Jessica Quimby-Winthrop
                                                Sixth Year - Sixteen Years Old - Slytherin - Pureblood - Adopted
                                                Co-Director of the Drama Club and Member of the Culinary Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Jessica walked into the Leaky Cauldron from Charing Cross Road, hand in hand with Lochi. The two had gone to see a film on their first date and were going out for dinner afterwards. She looked over at her date, smiling when they made eye contact. This summer had certainly been an interesting one. Jessica had started the holidays off by getting her septum pierced. Later, she perused through a local muggle jewelry shop, where Lochi just so happened to work. They talked, she thanked him for helping her pass Arithmancy (and he did the same for Defence Against the Dark Arts), and he had helped her pick out a new, cooler looking septum ring for when she was finally able to change the original piercing. Unfortunately, she still had another couple of months until she was allowed to switch it out. At least she’d be able to wear it when she went back to Hogwarts.

Before she had left, he had asked her out on a date, which she gladly accepted. They only became friends towards the end of the school year, so she didn’t know Lochi too well yet, but she could tell that he was a nice guy. Maybe she’d actually have a boyfriend this year. Then, she and Callie would be able to double date instead of Jess constantly third wheeling her and Eden. Sitting down at a table, Jessica flipped through the menu, trying to decide what to get. It looks like they had made it just in time for dinner to start. “Mmm, I think I’ll get the steak and kidney pudding, maybe with some milk,” she said before looking across the table to Lochi and asking, “What are you going to get?”

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The world comes to life and everything's bright
                                                From beginning to end when you have a friend

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? The Leaky Cauldron
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Jess
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? First Date
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It's a nice day

Lochi had been convinced he was set up for a pretty boring summer, except for maybe a few hang outs with his new school friends, plus helping his little brother do up his very first round of school shopping. Apparently the magical gene was suddenly pretty strong. Where had it come from, who knew, but it was here to stay, hopefully. At least for him and Sammie. One of the days in early summer saw one of his new friends, Jess. She'd gotten her septum pierced, and was looking at new jewelry to wear. While they picked a new piece, the two of them chit chatted and had a great conversation. By the end of the visit, he'd discovered a newfound bravery and asked Jess on a date. Weirdly enough, she agreed.

A couple days later saw Lochi debating on outfits. His mom suggested slacks and a polo shirt, but he figured that might be a little... much for a first date. Or would it? What if she wore a nice dress or something? Oh lordy. This was a lot trickier than expected. Finally he settled on jeans and a tee-shirt, with a button up over it. He let his mom comb his hair, then left to meet Jess outside the movie theater. They'd picked one of the new releases that seemed interesting. After that, the duo walked and talked toward Diagon. They had decided to do dinner at the Leaky Cauldron, which Lochi hadn't ever actually eaten at.

They sat at a nice table, both browsing the menu. Jess said she'd get the steak and kidney pie with a glass of milk. She asked him what he'd get, and he finally made up his mind, despite his initial tossup. "I think I'll go for the roast beef. It sounds good. And maybe some pomegranate juice." He offered a nervous smile. "Thanks for coming out with me today. I've really been having fun. Um... what are you up to this summer? Any fun plans for the rest?" Hopefully they could keep talking. He really liked having someone to talk to that wasn't quizzing him on gems and settings, or asking for various snacks. Plus, and it was secretly nice to admit, Jess was a shade prettier than most of the people he saw through the day.

kiska166
[/spoiler
Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ,
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴋɪɴs.
I ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ,
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇɢɪɴs.
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I'ᴍ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:32 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica listened to Lochi’s response before commenting, “Mm, that sounds tasty.” Although to her, pretty much anything was tasty. She loved to eat, and the time she had spent at the Culinary Club had taught her how to make delicious food. Although she had never eaten at the Leaky Cauldron, she had heard good things about their meals, so she wasn’t worried. Jess returned Lochi’s smile with her own as he thanked her for coming and admitted that he had fun. She couldn’t help but look down at her lap, feeling a little nervous herself. “I’m having a lot of fun, too. And, um, thanks for asking me out.” Was she supposed to thank him for asking her out? Was that polite or pitiful? She couldn’t decide, but being asked out and shown a fun time felt really nice, so she tried her best not to dwell on her response.

Jessica looked back up at Lochi when he asked her about the rest of her summer. “Some of my family members have birthdays coming up, which my family celebrates all together. Aside from a few barbecues, nothing much.” Jessica’s family was big and loved to host large get togethers. She was sure that if it wasn’t for Hogwarts, her family would continue the tradition throughout the school year, too. It wasn’t like they didn’t celebrate birthdays, the celebrations just weren’t massive and didn’t include everyone – such as aunts, uncles, cousins, even their friends if they wanted to bring them. That got Jessica thinking that maybe inviting Lochi would make her upcoming parties more fun, but she was worried that it may have been too soon. After all, she did not want to scare him off. “How about you? Got any plans?” Part of her hoped that he wouldn’t be too busy and that they’d make plans to see each other again before the end of their date.

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It's a nice day

Lochi nodded happily when Jess said his dinner choice sounded nice. He nodded, happily. Maybe he could get his mom to help make some more fancy recipes. Jess seemed to enjoy all kinds of foods they'd tried at culinary club, so maybe if he practiced his cooking he could ask Jess to come over for dinner some night. Or... maybe she'd hate that. Either way, he'd try out some new foods. At worst, Sammie would be happy. He then said he was having a lot of fun, and luckily, Jess agreed. She was happy he'd asked her out, which brought a tinge of color to his cheeks.

He then asked about her summer, and she said there were some upcoming birthdays and barbecues, which sounded nice. She then asked about his plans, but he honestly had a moment of sadness. "Um, not really. Mostly just hanging around home or the shop. Well, there's gonna be taking my little brother out to Diagon for the first time. He got his letter a couple months ago. I also have my birthday coming up, but we usually just do a nice dinner at home." He shrugged a bit, hoping that didn't seem boring. She said her family celebrated all together, but his was usually just the same people he had dinner with every night... Perhaps he could do something else? "Unless... maybe you want to meet up again sometime this summer? It'd be fun to hang out again."

kiska166
[/spoiler

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica listened as Lochi talked about his summer plans, which mostly included hanging around home or shopping, aside from his brother shopping for his first year of Hogwarts and Lochi’s birthday. Birthday! She had just suddenly realized that his birthday was coming up before hers – much earlier than hers, in fact. Was she supposed to get him something or would that be too much? They weren’t even officially together, just dating. But, if she wanted to really be with him, she thought that maybe she should get him something. Something small, she decided, to not scare him off. Or she could make him something. Maybe birthday cupcakes! Then they could share them together, and if she only made a few, it wouldn’t be too much. Besides, he knew she enjoyed cooking and baking, so it wouldn’t even be that astonishing.

Her spiraling thoughts had taken over completely, so it took her a moment to register that Lochi had asked her to hang out again. Hang out? Is that a date or just a hang out? Does he not want to date? Jessica took a sip of her water, trying to calm herself down from all of this over-thinking that she couldn’t seem to stop herself from doing. “Um, yeah. I’d love to hang out,” she responded, trying to sound casual (except the use of the word ‘love’ didn’t sound as casual as she had hoped). Jess smiled shyly before taking another sip of her water, slower this time, until their waitress had shown up. Just in time to prevent Jessica from ruining their evening and making a fool of herself, too. The Slytherin girl ordered first, followed by her date.

“So, um, you said that your brother was starting his first year at Hogwarts. Are you looking forward to that?” she asked, genuinely curious. She knew Penelope wasn’t thrilled that Jess was starting, but they didn’t have the best relationship. Penny was also technically Jess’ niece even though the Gryffindor was a year older than her, so they had a weird dynamic there as well.

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hopefully I didn't ruin things

Lochi felt like maybe his choice of words weren't the best when Jess seemed a bit... let down. "I-I meant like... a good way. We could maybe go on another date too. There's a fancy restaurant near the shop my family owns. It would be nice to go with you... If you want, of course." He felt his cheeks warm up, glad that his parents weren't here to tease him. They had a bad habit of doing just that when he did something goofy, and surely his confusing and dumb words. Hopefully she wasn't upset. "Or we could also hang out. O-or both. Maybe like... a nice actual date, then some days of just chatting. What better way to get to know someone, y'know?"

The topic changed, and Lochi didn't particularly know how to answer. "I'm happy Sammie's magic. I know he's been wishing for it since I got my letter. But at the same time, I dunno. He's kinda clingy, so I'm sure he'll want to spend all his free time with me, which might be a little annoying. At worst, I'll give him some good memories before I graduate." He shrugged, sipping the drink that had delivered to the table. "How about you? Do you have any siblings? I've only got Sammie, but usually everyone in my family just has one kid. I'm not really sure why..." Perhaps it had to do with passing down the shop, but perhaps it was just a weird family trait. He'd never know.

kiska166
[/spoiler

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica looked back down at her lap as she felt heat rush to her cheeks in a blush. Although she was trying to hide her relief, she felt much better once Lochi had said they could go on another date if she wanted to, and had suggested a fancy restaurant near his parents’ shop. She stayed quiet for a moment, trying to figure out the best way to say she’d love to go on another date with him without sounding too eager, but she must have waited a little too long as her date backtracked and said they could hang out instead. She looked back up at him, trying to hide her panic. “No!” she exclaimed, not being able to stop herself. “Um, I mean – I do want to go on another date” she said quickly, trying to dig herself out of whatever hole she just fell into. “And I want to chat.” Jessica let an exasperated sigh out, hoping to compose herself. “I’m having a great time, and I want to go on more dates as well as get to know you,” she explained in a much calmer manner.

Jessica smirked when Lochi explained that his brother was clingy, and that he was worried Sammie would want to spend all of his time with him. A moment later, her glad of milk had arrived, so she sipped from it before answering Lochi’s question. “I have three sisters and one brother – all older. Actually, my oldest sister is in her 40’s. I guess that’s what happens when your parents have kids and then decide to adopt,” she explained with a shrug. “My brother is also adopted. And two of my sisters have kids of their own. I dunno if you know Penelope Barrett, but I’m technically her aunt,” she said, snickering at the thought. It was funny how much that fact annoyed the Gryffindor girl.

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:20 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hopefully I didn't ruin things

Lochi looked a bit startled when Jess practically shouted a no at him. Was... was this date going that badly???? His confusion must have been evident, since she quickly amended, saying she did indeed want to go on another date, as well as just to chat. Then she sighed, explaining that she'd been having a great time and wanted to go on more dates and to get to know him. "I would like that too. Maybe another formal date next month, before we go back to school, and in the meantime, we can meet up on the alley for school shopping one day? Just to walk and talk. I think it might be fun." He offered a grin, certain his cheeks were a bit pink.

After mentioning Sammie, then asking about her siblings, Jess seemed to have a lot to say on the topic. Apparently she was the youngest of 5, and there was a pretty big age gap. She and her brother were adopted, which was fascinating. Lochi couldn't help but wonder about her family element, as it differed to his own experiences. She mentioned Penelope Barrett, and Lochi nodded. "The six- well, now seventh year? I think she runs the yoga group. All I learned there is that I'm not very bendy." He chuckled a bit, hoping she didn't find any sort of entendre with his statement. Especially since he only realized it could be misconstrued after the fact. Oops.

It was at that moment he remembered something else he had wanted to bring up. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a jewelry box, embossed with his family's shop logo. He offered it over to Jess, a nervous smile on his face. "Oh, um... my mom wanted me to practice a new technique for round-face setting. So... I made you some earrings. They're probably not perfect, and you probably don't even like them. But I tried to go based on your usual style of accessories. And.. um. Yea." He opened the box, revealing the sun and moon earrings he'd made only yesterday. Hopefully she agreed that they fit her style, and if not, well... hopefully she didn't completely hate them.

kiska166
[/spoiler

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:24 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica smiled softly, relieved that Lochi was still on the same page and wanting to go on another date after her sudden outburst. “Sure, another date and then shopping,” she said with a nod. “That’d be fun,” she agreed, hoping Sammie wouldn’t be tagging along on their outing. If he tagged along at school, she could deal with that as long as it wasn’t all the time. But they only had a limited time before school started and everyone found out they’d been seeing each other. Having no one know except maybe their closest friends and family members caused butterflies to flutter in her stomach, and although the feeling was a little nauseating, it was also exciting. A secret that was shared only between them.

Jessica nodded, letting Lochi know that he had pinpointed Penelope correctly, before letting out a laugh at his comment about his flexibility. “She took ballet lessons growing up, so she has a leg up above most of us,” she responded, intently trying to insert a pun. She let out a small chuckle with her comment, hoping Lochi would get it and laugh, too. Otherwise, she may have only made their conversation a little more awkward again. The double entendre regarding his flexibility hadn’t even popped into her mind, probably for the better as the colour in her cheeks would have undoubtedly turned a bright red.

Jess hadn’t noticed her date reach into his pocket from under the table, but when he pulled out a jewelry box, her smile was replaced by a puzzled yet curious expression instead. The girl audibly gasped when Lochi explained that he made her earrings and opened the box to reveal the pair. “Oh my, God. You made me earrings? They’re beautiful,” she said, staring down at them as the lifted them out of the box. They weren’t the exact style that she typically wore, but she liked them nonetheless. Plus, Lochi put the time and effort into making these for her and having them ready before their first date. He was definitely going to be getting delicious cupcakes for his birthday, she decided. Jess placed the new earrings back in the box to free her hands to remove her current pair of yellow, melted smiley face earrings (that she only decided to wear on their date because they matched her shoes swimmingly). She then replaced the earrings in the box with that pair and fidgeted with the sun and moon earrings until she successfully inserted them into the holes in her ears. “So, how do they look?” she asked, turning her head between her left and ride side to show them off to Lochi.

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why am I so weird?

Lochi nodded, excited that Jess seemed to like the idea about doing up shopping, as well as an actual date. "And don't worry, we've already got a date to take my brother shopping, so we'll pick a day where me and you can have some time to chat, rather than babysit. We can set up a date soon, though? We'll figure out that, and for a nice dinner." He grinned, adding these both to his mental to-do list. Normally he kept an actual to-do list, but it would probably be both rude and weird to pull that out and take notes, especially on their first date.

After speaking about her niece, Jess mentioned that the older girl had done ballet, thus giving her a leg up. Was that.. a pun? She chuckled a bit, so Lochi allowed himself to join in. He hadn't wanted to laugh if it wasn't a pun, but it seems she caught it too. "I see what you did there! That's clever." He wondered how to do ballet, as the few times he'd seen it done, it just made him wonder how their feet didn't break. Then again, it was a skill, just like any other. Many people wouldn't be able to move and shape metal in the ways he was able, so it all balanced out.

When he gave her the earrings he'd made, Jess seemed excited. Good, at least that meant he got the style right. Or... at least well enough that she didn't absolutely hate them. Either way. "I'm really glad you like them! They're onyx stones, so they should last a while. And of course, if they ever need repair... I happen to know the guy that made them." He chuckled, adding in his own silly joke. It was nice that they weren't being all stiff and awkward around each other, at least. And he was sure that as they kept hanging out, it'd only get easier to talk.

He watched as she swapped out of her other pair to the new set he gave. Then came a question he probably should have been more prepared for. "I think they look nice. Then again, I'm biased, and doubly so. Not only did I try my best to make them look nice... but well, the person wearing them is pretty, so..." He felt heat rise to his cheeks, then he nervously looked away, hoping that his blush wasn't too vibrant. If she commented on it, he was certain he'd just run away forever and never come back. But then again... she was really pretty...

kiska166

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:28 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica tried her best to hide her relief when Lochi assured her that his family already had a date in mind for going back to school shopping with Sammie. “Great, I’d like that,” she responded with a smile in regard to setting up a date soon for the two of them to hit Diagon Alley up for shopping and having a nice dinner. Their first date wasn’t even over – heck, the food hadn’t even arrived yet – but she was already excited for their second. Jess couldn’t help but feel so lucky to be going out with such a cute guy. She was sure she’d make at least some of the girls at school jealous. And he was nice and crafty and gifted her jewelry for crying out loud. Her smile shifted into a smirk when Lochi commented on her pun and called her clever. “I thought so, too,” she said before letting out another chuckle, relieved that he understood her joke. She seemed to feel relieved around him quite a bit when she (or the universe) stopped her from making an idiot out of herself.

When Lochi made a joke of his own, Jessica laughed with him. “Good. If I have a problem with them, I know who to take it up with,” she joked, playing along. “But really, I do like them a lot,” she said, hoping that she came off sincerely. She supposed she couldn’t be sure until she saw how the earrings looked on her, but she didn’t want to make Lochi think that she was on any sort of fence about them. However, her uncertainty about how she looked in them didn’t stop her cheeks from turning beet red when Lochi called her pretty. The brunette narrowed her eyes to her lap once again, sporting a massive smile. No one outside of her family had ever called her pretty before, so she wasn’t quite sure how to take the compliment. Luckily, their waitress had arrived with the food at the perfect timing and placed their meals in front of them. “Mm, this looks delicious,” she commented, taking in the smell of the steak in front of her. “Your roast beef looks really good, too. Bon appétit!”

Cinnabun Gryffie

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces