Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Leaky Cauldron ~ Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

You can fake that smile
                                                              For a
                                                              hollow while
                                                              But the
                                                              kids all learn
                                                              Once those
                                                              bridges burn

Flick rolled her eyes at him when he said they weren't connecting and then called her by her first name. "I'm going to pretend like Yancy was stupid enough to not tell you that I go by Flick and only Flick, but I know he isn't that stupid. His older brother on the other hand apparently is." She rested her elbow on the table and then plopped her chin into her hand. "On the other hand he did say you were grumpier than him, which I'm pretty sure is the reason he set us up in the first place. I think he thinks two grumps will somehow make a positive situation."

And don't be surprised
                                                              If they don't
                                                              buy your lies
                                                              Some of us can see
                                                              through
                                                              Your stained glass eyes

xxxThe s**t gets thicker.... It's toxic
                                                              xxxxxxPot kettle, pot kettle black... Talk that, talk that smack
                                                              xxxxxxxxxDid you hear about that b***h, and what she did? I don't believe it
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxWhat a ho. What a tramp. What a slut.
                                                              xxxxxxxxx
                                                              Pot kettle, pot kettle black... Watch your, watch your back

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Leaky Cauldron
xxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Flick
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Blind Date
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I'll kill Yancy anyway

Michi smirked more when Flick rolled her eyes. She spoke, saying she'd pretend Yancy was the reason he'd opted for calling her by her first name. Perhaps there was a nerve to touch there. "It vould be nice for zee blame to be on Yancy, but no, zis von vas all me. Tell me... vhy is zere hatred of your name?" He leaned in a bit closer, keeping his smug look on. If Yancy was going to purposely set them up on a bad date, he might as well have fun with it. She mimicked the way he was sitting, and he wondered what her game was. She mentioned Yancy saying the older Diarmid was the grumpier one, and Michi huffed quietly. "Du würdest auch mürrisch sein, wenn du den Mord an deinen Eltern verfolgst." He snorted quietly, but decided to speak the language they both knew, if only to try and play nice. "I have my reasons for not being overjoyed at life. Can you say zee same, Flick? Or are you just holdink on to anger in vat you perceive as adversity?" That one was more of a quote from his mom, but he didn't think she'd notice the odd break in his usual way of speaking. After all, they'd barely been speaking a few minutes together.

{{To Translate: "You'd be grumpy too if you watched your parents' murder."}}
Devlyn Maycry

Hᴀsᴛ ᴅᴜ ᴇᴛᴡᴀs Zᴇɪᴛ ꜰᴜ̈ʀ ᴍɪᴄʜ ᴅᴀɴɴ sɪɴɢᴇ ɪᴄʜ ᴇɪɴ Lɪᴇᴅ ꜰᴜ̈ʀ ᴅɪᴄʜ
Vᴏɴ 99 Lᴜꜰᴛʙᴀʟʟᴏɴs ᴀᴜꜰ ɪʜʀᴇᴍ Wᴇɢ ᴢᴜᴍ Hᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴᴛ
Dᴇɴᴋsᴛ ᴅᴜ ᴠɪᴇʟʟᴇɪᴄʜᴛ ɢʀᴀᴅ ᴀɴ ᴍɪᴄʜ ᴅᴀɴɴ sɪɴɢᴇ ɪᴄʜ ᴇɪɴ Lɪᴇᴅ ꜰᴜ̈ʀ ᴅɪᴄʜ
Vᴏɴ 99 Lᴜꜰᴛʙᴀʟʟᴏɴs ᴜɴᴅ, ᴅᴀss sᴏ ᴡᴀs ᴠᴏɴ sᴏ ᴡᴀs ᴋᴏᴍᴍᴛ
Aᴜꜰ ɪʜʀᴇᴍ Wᴇɢ ᴢᴜᴍ Hᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴᴛ ʜɪᴇʟᴛ ᴍᴀɴ ꜰᴜ̈ʀ UFOs ᴀᴜs ᴅᴇᴍ Aʟʟ
Dᴀʀᴜᴍ sᴄʜɪᴄᴋᴛᴇ ᴇɪɴ Gᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ 'Nᴇ Fʟɪᴇɢᴇʀsᴛᴀꜰꜰᴇʟ ʜɪɴᴛᴇʀʜᴇʀ
Aʟᴀʀᴍ ᴢᴜ ɢᴇʙᴇɴ, ᴡᴇɴɴ's sᴏ ᴡᴀ̈ʀ ᴅᴀʙᴇɪ ᴡᴀʀᴇɴ ᴅᴏʀᴛ ᴀᴍ Hᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴᴛ
Nᴜʀ 99 Lᴜꜰᴛʙᴀʟʟᴏɴs

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:52 am
User ImageUser Image

You can fake that smile
                                                              For a
                                                              hollow while
                                                              But the
                                                              kids all learn
                                                              Once those
                                                              bridges burn

Flick resisted the urge to roll her eyes again. Yancy had said he was grumpy not stupid. She shook her head at his question. "I don't hate it, I just don't go by it. It's not my name." She said simply. And it was true. She had no hate or love for the name she just thought it was stupid. It didn't sound like her, and it never had. He muttered something in a different language and Flick raised an eyebrow. She had heard Yancy speak in about a thousand languages and had to wonder if the trait ran in the family. Even the other one she'd met briefly, Arnie or something like that had known other languages.

I have my reasons." She answered his question with his own words, smirking at him. If he wanted to play this game she could play as well. She wasn't sure how Yancy saw this date playing out, but she was sure this was exactly what he didn't want happening which only made Flick more amused. Playing games was her forte after all. She was a Slytherin. Finally she sighed. She had never been on a successful date and this was probably why. She was terrible at making friends. Hell her only friends in school had been her teammates and two girls who were just as vile as her. It was impressive really. She started tapping her fingers on the table in sets of three to calm her own rolling thoughts. It wasn't easy being her after all.

And don't be surprised
                                                              If they don't
                                                              buy your lies
                                                              Some of us can see
                                                              through
                                                              Your stained glass eyes

xxxThe s**t gets thicker.... It's toxic
                                                              xxxxxxPot kettle, pot kettle black... Talk that, talk that smack
                                                              xxxxxxxxxDid you hear about that b***h, and what she did? I don't believe it
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxWhat a ho. What a tramp. What a slut.
                                                              xxxxxxxxx
                                                              Pot kettle, pot kettle black... Watch your, watch your back

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 pm
User Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

Charlie while excited for summer was sad it was his last Hogwarts summer. He was going into his last year of school and the biggest tests that would help decide what jobs he can get. He already had a plan in mind, and it only required a N.E.W.T or 2 so there wasn't too much pressure on him. He wanted to celebrate this last summer. He had invited Gertie to a meal here before they would do some shopping. He had passed his Apparation test and had been able to visit Gertie more often. Though he had a tendency to scare the crap out of his mom upon return. He had forgotten how often he got whacked with a towel when he would just appear (quite literally) behind her. He decided to arrive early today and wait for her

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
                                                                            《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
                                                                            《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
                                                                            《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》
                                                                            murruelecreuset

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Stanford
Adopted Muggleborn
Seventh Year Hufflepuff Prefect

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 17 years old...

Gertie had to admit it was odd being able to do magic on her own without restriction. She’d left her sister to figure out the next plan of attack for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Showing up at the leaky cauldron, she soon found Charlie who had invited her there in the first place. They were going to have lunch before hunting down some odds and ends. Shopping was always fun especially when you were among friends.

“Hi Charlie,” Gertie greeted. “Feels weird having free will before I’ve even graduated.” She commented before realizing that Charlie also had the same freedom so to speak. “How’s your mum handling it?” She asked curiously. Being muggle, she probably had some adjusting to do. Her father was surprisingly good about it. Although, it was rather easy to surprise him from time to time. It was all in good fun of course.

Company: Charlie

OOC: ---

User Image

Kungfudemoness

No one's doubting your brains or creativity
But it's your heart I'm interested in
Ravenclaw's nice, but I believe you'll flourish best in
Hufflepuff!

Dating Charlie Antúnez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:52 am
User Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
                                                      《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

Charlie waved at Gertie as she approached. He gave her a peck on the forehead. He was maybe the tall side of average, but Gertie was quite short. If they were being goofy and not in public he would scoop her up to give her a better kiss. “It's been fun, though I got to be careful as I live in a pretty dense muggle neighborhood, though I swear my mom had a towel with my name on it from where I keep spooking her and getting smacked when I apparate back home after stopping by your place” Charlie said as they found a table. “She loves the perpetual freezing charm I put on a bag for her for grocery shopping. Oh, speaking of I got some of her tamales for you. she made another batch of 4 dozen for you guys, they keep frozen if you haven't gone through the last batch yet” Charlie said indicating his bag. He had pretty much charmed a lot of his stuff with practical magical fixes. The food he has was wrapped up and charmed to stay cool while his bag had more room than a car trunk. His mom would give him a look if he did the no practical stuff like have a soda come to him instead of getting his arse off the couch to get one. “How bought your family, is your little bro being a butthead yet? You know my mom’s offer of babysitting is a near forever offer. She did survive me.” Charlie recalled shopping with his mom for baby stuff when he had mentioned his girlfriend had a new baby brother. So many tiny clothes.

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
                                                                            《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
                                                                            《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
                                                                            《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》
                                                                            murruelecreuset

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:18 am
User Image
                                                    __𝙎𝙠𝙮𝙡𝙖𝙧 𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙣
                                                    ___╘═══▶ hufflepuff alumna
                                                                  composer & musician

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                    __________________________________________

A pop sounded outside the pub as Skylar apparated into a nearby alleyway. She glanced around the corner, then made her way towards the building, straightening her dress as she walked. It was chilly out today, the air still wet from the rain London received that morning, which was typical for mid-winter. That didn't stop Sky from wearing a dress, though, especially for the occasion. She had just paired it with leggings, a coat, and boots. Her long, blonde hair was down, her face hidden by an umbrella. She doubted she would be recognized by a fan or paparazzi here, or at least, she hoped she wouldn't. They were tricky to lose sometimes, so she always took precautions when she was out and about, using things like hats, sunglasses, or umbrellas to hide herself.

The occasion? Skylar was meeting Dris for lunch, which was nerve-wracking for her. She hadn't spoken to him since the incident in school, where she confessed her feelings for him and he rejected her. The girl stopped walking, staring at a spot on the sidewalk in front of her as she reminisced, shaking her head to push the thoughts away before she continued walking towards the pub. Long story short, her and Dris hadn't spoken in years, and she was under the implication that their friendship had ended. That was, until she had gotten the letter. Dris wanted to talk, clear the air, all that. Skylar wasn't sure what she thought about it. It had been so long ago, and she had pretty much gotten over it by now, but she still tried not to think about it. Dwelling on the past wasn't healthy. At least, that's what her therapist told her. Maybe this was a chance to build back a burned bridge, though. She was here, which was enough to say that she was willing to try. Finally, Skylar opened the door to the pub and stepped inside, claiming a booth near the back of the dining area. Her nimble fingers tapped out a tune on the old wooden table, a new piece she had been working on recently.

OOC: . . .

❝ Right now, I'm in a state of mind I wanna be in, like, all the time.
                                                    Ain't got no tears left to cry. I'm lovin', I'm livin', I'm pickin' it up. ❞

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? The Leaky Cauldron
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Skylar
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Lunch and Apologies
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope this wasn't a terrible idea

Dris had spent the morning preparing himself for lunch. A few days prior, he'd sent an owl to Skylar at the behest of Chance, who was tired of the uncomfortable silence between Dris and Sky. It made sense, and in honesty, Dris missed Skylar a lot. They'd been best friends growing up, the trio always getting into trouble. He smiled softly as he looked at an old picture of the three of them, then finished getting ready and apparated to Diagon Alley. They'd decided to meet at the Leaky Cauldron for lunch, which was luckily not far from where he loved. Even still, he'd opted to apparate, simply because he didn't like the noises of traffic. Walking up the alley, he gave his dad a wave while the older male was cleaning owl cages. For some reason, he hadn't thought to tell either of his parents about his date... was it a date? with Skylar.

Walking in to the small restaurant, Dris looked around for the familiar blonde hair he'd known. What he hadn't expected was to spy Sky sitting in the back, her hair longer than he'd ever seen. It was a bit weird, he thought, having only seen her with short hair before. He liked her new 'do, he just thought it was different from what he'd always seen. He walked over to her table, nervously tugging his sweater sleeve as he walked. Once beside her table, he spoke up. "H-hey, Sky. Long time no see, eh?" He chuckled awkwardly and moved to sit opposite the blonde. "Um... so... th-thanks for meeting with me. I just... we need to talk about... us? Because you were my best friend for a long time and, well, I said and did some stupid things..." he paused, not really sure how to continue on with his train of thought. "Well, I lost one of my best friends and I'd like to try and make it up to you. Because I miss you." That sounded nice and he really meant it. He'd missed having Sky in his life, since she always seemed to be a ray of sunshine when he needed it most. Though he wasn't sure if the woman would accept his offer to try their friendship again, the brunette genuinely hoped she'd missed him... at least a little bit.

The Shiny Furret

I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀɴᴋᴇᴛs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ ꜰʟᴏᴏʀ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ.
I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀss ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇɴᴅs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴇᴇᴛ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀʟʟᴇʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ.
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ I sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀs.
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪsʜ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:57 pm
User Image
                                                    __𝙎𝙠𝙮𝙡𝙖𝙧 𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙣
                                                                  composer & musician

Waiting in the booth, Sky could feel her heartbeat picking up by the minute. What if she wasn't ready to face Dris after all this time? What if it all ended badly and they never spoke again? But, what if it ended well, and their friendship was rekindled? There were too many possibilities, too many variables, too many outcomes. It made her anxious, her fingers beginning to tap faster, but still playing the correct invisible notes. She closed her eyes and tried to keep her breathing under control, tapping her foot to keep time with the music playing in her head. Then, she heard a voice. She looked up, and saw a pair of familiar eyes. It was Dris. He was just as tall as she remembered, maybe a little taller, and just as lanky. He had grown into his ears, and his hair was shorter and not as messy, but his eyes were still the same shade of blue. "Um... Hi Dris," she replied as he sat down across from her. This was... weird. Skylar didn't feel right. She felt uncomfortable, like she wanted to turn into a bird and fly away in that very moment. Dris, thankfully, started things off, thanking her for coming and saying that he wanted to talk about what had happened to them and their friendship. He admitted to saying and doing stupid things, a hint of regret in his voice, then told her that he missed having her as his best friend. Meanwhile, Skylar stayed quiet while he spoke, processing, staring at a spot in the wooden table. What was she supposed to say? It took her years to get over his rejection, and she had finally been getting better, moving on with her new life as a composer. She knew that talking about it would help clear the air between them, but was she ready to feel those feelings again? Thinking back, Sky remembered how lonely she felt after it happened. She had lost her crush and her best friend in the process, and along with him, she had lost a few other friends as well. Thankfully, Chance had been there for her, and Alana and Candace and their sisters. The incident had pushed her into a depression that was hard to get out of, that she still struggled with, but... "I missed you too, Dris. I... I don't know where to start... Um, how have you been doing? Since... you know..." Skylar trailed off, clearly nervous and upset. She took a deep breath, trying to focus. Don't cry. "I'm sorry, I'm just nervous. How have you been, Dris?" she said again, knowing that she needed to be strong and face this matter head on.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope this wasn't a terrible idea

Dris listened to Sky, but he also saw the look in her eyes. It was a look that shot guilt straight into his heart. She looked sad, maybe even forlorn... and he couldn't help but wonder if he was the cause of it all. If he was, he knew he'd never live it down. If not... well, hopefully he could cheer her up a bit. She mentioned not knowing where to start, which was good because he had no idea either. He tugged at a loose thread at the hem of his sleeve, trying to think of the right words to say. He didn't want to say anything and make matters worse, and he most definitely didn't want Skylar angry at him. No, he already felt bad enough about the whole situation.

"I've been alright, I suppose. Between quidditch and painting I don't have a lot of tales. Oh, um... but I did make something for you." He had almost forgotten what he'd painted while listening to music the other day. He dug through his small satchel, returning with a small 6"x6" canvas. It was swirled with pinks, purples, and a rare hint of a vivid blue. "It's.. um... It's your first symphony. I really like it. You're really good." He handed it over, hoping she liked it. If nothing else, he knew it was something he tried. He hoped it made her smile, though. He missed her smiling face, her brightness and joy... Maybe he could coax it out?

The Shiny Furret

Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ.
Aɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀʟʟᴇʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:26 pm
User Image
                                                    __𝙎𝙠𝙮𝙡𝙖𝙧 𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙣
                                                                  composer & musician

Skylar fidgeted in her seat, desperately scanning the room for a waitress. She needed the distraction of ordering food about now. Plus, she was hungry. She didn't eat much, being as small as she was, so she usually had a larger meal around lunchtime and small snacks throughout the day, which meant it was time chow down. Hopefully someone would stop by their table soon. "Oh, that's right. You're on the Scotland team with Kyson. I forgot. You're the reserve Seeker, right? You always did really well at the game in school." How could she have forgotten that Dris worked with her brother. Sky spent time with her brother as often as she could, so she could see her niece, and Tessa too. However, they were both adults now, and they had their own jobs to do. She spent most of her time in the studio, writing and recording, practicing, producing.

"Hm?" Dris said he had made her something, and revealed small canvas from his bag. It was painted with various pinks and purples, and a bit of blue as well. It looked very pretty, and she loved anything pink. Her old friend admitted that he had painted it while listening to her first symphony, saying that he had admired it. Skylar blushed, taking the canvas to inspect it further. "Thank you, Dris. I worked really hard on my first symphony, and honestly, if I had to put it into physical form, it would look exactly like this. It's beautiful," she replied, setting the canvas next to her on the table. "I'm actually working on a new project. It's coming along nicely. I'll have to bring you by my studio so you can listen to it," she added, trying to be friendly to hide her nerves. There was still so much to talk about, but she didn't know how to start.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I should just stop talking

Dris nodded when Sky pointed out his spot on Scotland's team. He was working alongside her brother, which he still felt was a little strange. Oh well, he'd suck it up until he was ready to open his own shop. "Yep, I'm just a reservist. I'd have to pry the starting spot out of James' cold, dead hands, I think. But..." He exhaled softly, running a hand through his hair. "I'm kinda glad I'm not on the starting team. I don't think I could handle it all. I can barely handle being mildly recognized sometimes, much less all the time." He was always too awkward to talk to the reporters or paparazzi when they cornered him, usually he deflected to someone else. Lucky him, he wasn't famous in the muggle world at all, except possibly as the dude who designed one of Chance's album covers. Other than that, his art hadn't gotten him very far, which still made him a bit sad.

After handing Sky the art he'd made, Dris was genuinely surprised at her reaction. She liked it, and quite a lot, it seemed. A small blush curled over his cheeks, the lanky man a bit embarrassed. It'd been at least five years since he had talked to her, and for that, another knife of guilt stabbed into his soul. He'd really acted like a d**k, and for it, he'd really lost out on a lot. Seeing Skylar blossom into her music was only a small part of it. Luckily, he'd managed to keep most of his friends, because he was certain if Chance and Chrys had left him, he'd have lost much of himself too. No, he had to push himself out of those thoughts. He hadn't lost them, and in fact he was determined to bring Skylar back into his life too.

"Your studio? Yea, I'd love that. I'll bring my paints along and we'll see what masterpiece comes from it." He cracked a lopsided grin, the male still nervous about this whole situation. He was afraid it would blow up at any second. "Um... on that note, I'll have to show you my studio. Well... that's what I call it. It's really just the spare bedroom at mine and Chance's flat. At least... for now, that's my art place. N-not forever, though." It wasn't the best word choice, but he'd already proven he could say worse. He had a lot of questions, but he was afraid to veer off topic on the off chance that he undoubtedly said something absolutely idiotic. The last thing he needed was for her to become even more mad at him and his stupid brain that never came up with helpful things to say. He looked down at the table, hoping she'd know just what to say to help the conversation along.

The Shiny Furret

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:02 pm
User Image
                                                    __𝙎𝙠𝙮𝙡𝙖𝙧 𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙣
                                                                  composer & musician

Skylar's fingers twitched in her lap, trying to tap out a song but struggling. She usually did this when she was nervous, or trying to think of the right words to say. That, or she would tap just her index finger against her thumb. The faster she tapped, the more nervous she was, but it helped control her anxiety. At least, that was what her therapist had suggested to her. When Dris mentioned how he was grateful to be a reserve on his team due to being recognized in public, Skylar smiled. "I know exactly how you feel. After my first album dropped and started picking up, I felt like I couldn't leave the house, and after my first tour, I couldn't even walk down to Tesco to do my shopping without someone following me with a camera. It was such an annoyance," she said with a light chuckle. It sounded funny now, but in the moment, it could be scary. She never knew if she was being followed or not, which meant having a private life separate from her public life was nearly impossible. Of course, she didn't really have much of a private life anymore, except for her family.

"My studio is in Cardiff, where I live. There's a lot of blank walls that could use an artist's touch," she added, smiling. Sky felt safer talking about something she was confident in, like her music. It wasn't as awkward for her, like talking about her feelings was. However, she knew that she would have to start bringing that up sooner rather than later. Just as she was about to open her mouth and attempt to start on that conversation, the waitress finally appeared, asking for their drink orders to start them off. "Oh, um... May I have a coffee? Two creams and two sugars, please, and a water on the side." After the waitress had taken both of their drink orders, she disappeared again, leaving them alone again. Skylar gulped.

"So Dris... We both know, um, why we needed to have this little meeting... To talk about what happened, in school, between us. And I don't really know how to start so I'm just gonna say how it made me feel when it happened and go from there. So, when I confessed my feelings for you... Hopefully it didn't take you by too much of a surprise. I always felt like I was being so obvious, you know? I don't know if I was purposefully trying to make it evident that I liked you, but I had been holding those feelings inside me for a long time. And I guess, when you denied my advances, um... It hurt a lot more than normal. Like, I didn't just lose my childhood crush, but from that moment on, I knew that our friendship wouldn't be the same. It was always going to be awkward between us..." She paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. She had to get it out. If not, she would surely explode.

"Afterwards, we had a bit of a falling out, so to speak. We stopped hanging out together, and I felt like I had really lost my best friend, forever... I don't know what really happened between us, or why we stopped being friends, but it pushed me further into my depression and... I'm not blaming you for anything, Dris. Please don't think that anything that happened to me is your fault, because it's not. I had always had that, um, looming presence of depression over me. What happened between us was just the breaking point that, um, pushed it over the edge." Skylar hung her head down, refusing to let Dris see her cry. It was more painful than she anticipated before, talking about all these memories and past feelings, things she had forced herself to ignore for so long.

"But, I found comfort in my music. And you know what they say about school. It's not the best years of your life, it's only the stepping stones to the future. After graduation, I worked really hard on my music, taking influence from all of my past experiences. I, uh, might have used our falling out as inspiration for a few of my songs on my first album, I don't know if you noticed that when you, uh, listened to it... But again, I don't blame you. If you didn't like me then, that's okay, and I'm not expecting you to like me now or anything. I'm moving on and up, you know? But, I shouldn't ignore you or what happened, like I have been for so long, because that's what pushed me into blossoming into the woman I am today, so... Thank you, and I'm sorry. Maybe, we can be friends again? If you want to, that is." Skylar sniffed, wiping her eyes with her coat sleeves. She wasn't sure what else she could say, but she felt a bit better, laying all of those emotions out onto the table.

OOC: o h b o y

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I'm the worst human to exist

Dris was glad that so far the conversation had remained light. Of course, he knew it would soon come to the point where their deeper issues needed addressing, but he was grateful that so far it hadn't been anything he couldn't handle. After commenting on his lack of total fame, Sky recounted how she felt to go shopping once she'd started gaining fame. He couldn't imagine not being able to leave without being noticed. "Uch, I couldn't imagine. I already don't like paparazzi, but unfortunately hanging out with Chance gives me plenty chance -hah- to deal with them. Luckily they're usually not trying to get me in frame. One guy actually told me I was ruining his shot and I should go away so they could get pictures of just Chance." Stupid paparazzi.

After mentioning his studio... or lack thereof, Sky returned with mention of her own, though she added that they could use some artwork. "I can certainly paint some for you. I also have a friend who does charcoal art..." He vaguely thought of Puck, but seeing as he wasn't sure about how Sky would react, he took a different route with a -hopefully- better response. "Um... Hikaru's husband, Rémi. It's pretty weird 'cause he draws in black and white... but he's a metamorph." Shortly after that, the waitress came over and Dris ordered his customary sweet tea.

Just as he was about to mention another small conversation piece, Skylar launched into a speech. She said they both knew why they were there, which was true. Neither was stupid, and given that this whole mess was the reason they weren't able to just... have stayed friends. He listened, making sure to take in her words and let them go to heart, rather than just float around and leave his head. She had been being obvious with her feelings, apparently, which made him feel like a massive arse because he simply hadn't recognized until she said something. Apparently she just knew that after the whole mess their friendship was ruined. And he felt the blame settle heavily on his shoulders.

She mentioned their falling out and the painful feeling of losing her best friend forever. She followed that up with saying it'd pushed her into depression and pretty much sunk her. God, now he felt like a terrible person at his very core. He had caused all of this by being a stupid, idiotic teenager. Honestly, he was shocked any of their friends opted to stay on his side. The blonde said she didn't blame him, but he did! He had, in her very words, pushed her over the edge. What kind of monster was he that he hadn't even known the severity of his own actions until just now. She continued, saying she'd found solace in her music, which he knew. She had always been a wonderful musician, but now she was quite literally famous for it. And all he did was ruin people's hearts and.... and apparently mess up their heads. He dropped his gaze to the table, feeling a bubble of guilt and shame building within his chest. She mentioned that she wasn't expecting him to like her, which made sense. She'd probably long moved on from him... though he wasn't sure how to react. Had it been this hard for Sara too? Because he knew Chrys hadn't acted differently... admittedly they went on one rather awkward date... but now he couldn't help but wonder if he was at fault for that failing too.

After she'd asked about being friends again, he buried his face in his sleeve-covered hands to wipe away the tears starting to run down his cheeks. "Sky... I ... I had no idea. And I feel absolutely horrible that my stupid self caused this horrible rift. I mean... I never meant it to destroy us, just... you have always been like my sister, y'know? I just... I should have thought about my words better, plus made sure we stayed friends. Because... well, this last few years have been hard without having you to turn to. And I'm so proud of you for pursuing your dreams and making such wonderfully impassioned music... but I still feel like the world's worst friend for causing it. Instead of breaking your heart, I should've been there and encouraged you, rather than been the-the breaking point. And I'm sorry I was. But I-I would like to try our hand at friendship once again. We were so great, us three back in the day." He pulled open his wallet and tugged out an old, slightly wrinkled photo of himself, Skylar, and Chance at the park somewhere as young kids. "I miss us, Sky. More importantly, I miss you. And I hope we can figure out how to make this work so it doesn't happen again." He looked over at her, eyes wet with tears. He still felt like a goddamned monster, but... hopefully this would be the first step toward fixing it?

The Shiny Furret

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:13 pm
User Image
                                                  You can set yourself on fire, hey a-ay
                                                  But you're never gonna burn, burn, burn, hey a-ay
                                                  You can set yourself on fire, hey a-ay
                                                  But you're never gonna learn, learn, learn
                                                  Hey a-ay

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Hᴀʟғ-Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ Lɪᴀsᴏɴ Oғғɪᴄᴇ

════════════════════════

Zach glanced out the window, glad that he'd had the day off, but hating that usually by the time he was actually awake, most people had their days planned out. Not that he minded working in one of the only offices that was open at night, but there was something to be said about everyone having 'normal' daytime hours. Well, normal for them. He couldn't help it if he slept most of the day away. It was one of the best selling points for his current job, the late hours. And unlike his dad and mum, he could be awake during the afternoon, so he wasn't exactly comatose for a good sixteen hours during the summer like his mum and dad tended to be. He guessed it could be stated there was a drawback for being half-vampire, but he'd never seen it. Besides, his dad wasn't hiding being a vampire anymore. He didn't have to lie about his fangs or aversion to garlic or general deathly pallor.

The sunlight peeking through the window caused Zach to scoot down a bit, uncomfortable. He hadn't had a good sunburn in a while, not since he'd quit quidditch, and he had a permanent tan (which was weird when it was like, a dead tan? How did you explain that, anyway?) from playing. Well, he could tell it was a tan. Everyone would just assume he'd never seen the sun. Not his fault. Still, he pulled his sleeves down a bit more, glad that the sunlight coming in was weak at best, and he wasn't completely at risk of getting burned. Now, if only he had something to do. Desi was of course still in bed, and while he loved his twin, there were times he was glad that he had broken somewhat out of her shell that he didn't have to stick to her like glue. DJ was probably with Charley, and anyone else he knew, well, they were likely getting off work or getting with family or whatnot. And he certainly wasn't about to go bother any of the vampires he knew of. They were all in bed (hopefully) and wouldn't wake up until that evening.

Maybe he could try and see if he could find something to do tonight. That'd be nice. Just... Not with Desi. Maybe a guy's night out? Nah, not that. Guh, why was it so hard to figure out something to do? Maybe he might just head over to D'Lux to check out the place and bug his sister. If nothing else, they could commiserate with each other and bemoan the fact that everyone they knew weren't night people. It'd be something, and he'd have something to do.

════════════════════════

Thinking: The one thing that sucks about vampirism, complete lack of a daytime life.
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I said
                                                  Hey a-ay, hey a-ay
                                                  If crazy equals genius
                                                  Hey a-ay, hey a-ay
                                                  If crazy equals genius
                                                  Then I'm a ******** arsonist
                                                  I'm a rocket scientist
                                                  Hey a-ay, hey a-ay
                                                  If crazy equals genius

Devlyn Maycry

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]