Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Can't get a house? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what?
  I don't know
View Results
inaneoctopus rolled 4 20-sided dice: 7, 14, 9, 16 Total: 46 (4-80)

inaneoctopus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:19 pm
I asked for the robot to place it for me it says that it fails. When I say take me to towns so I can place it nothing happens? Am I doing something wrong?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:47 am
inaneoctopus
I asked for the robot to place it for me it says that it fails. When I say take me to towns so I can place it nothing happens? Am I doing something wrong?

Hi! I just did some testing of this. I also have to leave and get ready to go somewhere so my answer isn't going to be as detailed as I'd like it to be.

Okay, so, in the Worlds tab, you'll see that there's a Towns and a Towns 2.
The Towns feature is still hanging around, but Towns 2 was built to replace it.

Asking the robot to place your home likely places the home in Towns. I tried and got the same error.
You can also place your home in Towns when you have the flash space open. I asked for it to find free space for me to place it, went to the edge of the map, and saw that there's no space available.
I don't know whether that means that space will open up again in the future or not, but there's no space to place it there now.
You're not doing anything wrong. I believe that there's just no space for houses right now.
(Towns usually filled up, and every once in a while, Gaia would create more space for houses. Since it's been replaced by Towns 2, I'm not sure if they'll open up more neighborhoods for housing in Towns.)

What you can do is try to place a home in Towns 2. You have to load Towns 2 and go through a process where you walk your avatar around and select a spot.
(I'm pretty sure that this process is working. I started it and it seemed to work fine, but don't have the time to follow through to the end.)
Here's a guide that will help you. It's affected by photobucket. > <; If it doesn't make sense, I'll be online later and can answer any more questions you may have.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items