Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
I wanted to share this.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scarlet Puppet

Hardworking Raider

12,700 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Buggin' 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:33 pm
Greetings to all of my brothers and sisters of the lord. Today I wanted to share with you something that I found in an old building that has not been touched in over 80 years. I honestly wasn't even aware this existed until I found it under a pile of furniture and antiques that my great grandfather owned.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 am
A great family heirloom. Take good care of it. ^_^

What is that a picture of? Abraham sacrificing Isaac? Would be awesome to get a closer look at that.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:32 am
Oh wow! Is that early 1900s? I love seeing old Bibles.
I'm hoping to get a replica of the first edition KJV from 1611 someday. It's written in early modern English:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 am
Garland-Green
A great family heirloom. Take good care of it. ^_^

What is that a picture of? Abraham sacrificing Isaac? Would be awesome to get a closer look at that.

It's a photo of Elijah and his servant on mount carmel. I tried to get the best picture my phone would take but the lighting in this room is not very bright. sweatdrop  

Scarlet Puppet

Hardworking Raider

12,700 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Buggin' 500

Scarlet Puppet

Hardworking Raider

12,700 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Buggin' 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:58 am
Lady Aryel
I'm hoping to get a replica of the first edition KJV from 1611 someday. It's written in early modern English:

It sure is! 1905 to be exact. This one also has text scriptures for students and workers, how to weigh money and measures, combination concordance, 4500 questions and answers on sacred scriptures, and maps included of the world in the back.Inside it has information on tel-el-amarna tablet, the moabite stone, rosetta stone, the black marble obelisk of shalmaneser 2: King of Assyria, the Prism of sennacherib, and much more.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:33 pm
Scarlet Puppet
Lady Aryel

It sure is! 1905 to be exact. This one also has text scriptures for students and workers, how to weigh money and measures, combination concordance, 4500 questions and answers on sacred scriptures, and maps included of the world in the back.Inside it has information on tel-el-amarna tablet, the moabite stone, rosetta stone, the black marble obelisk of shalmaneser 2: King of Assyria, the Prism of sennacherib, and much more.

That's awesome! I've only heard of the Rosetta stone to be honest. sweatdrop  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:12 am
Scarlet Puppet
Lady Aryel

Oh wow. Very cool how they've included archeology to complement the Bible history. Sounds like a great keepsake!  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games