Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Mini-Shops
★ Event Art Booth Information & F.A.Q.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:32 pm
Calling All Artists!
On Hosting Your Own Seasonal Art Booth

gaia_star F.A.Q.

Don't see your question listed here? Send JoyRose, a private message at any time.

What's an art booth?

An art booth is a small art shop (or raffle, auction, etc.) that is open to NSTGers for the duration of a single seasonal event. Any Gaian can host an art booth.

Will I be paid for hosting an art booth at an NSTG event?

NSTG artists do not get paid for setting up art booths; if they want to make a profit, they do so from selling, raffling, or auctioning off their artwork.

So what are the benefits of hosting an art booth at an NSTG event?

There are three:
    • Money! People love purchasing seasonal and limited-edition art.
    • Exposure! Link to your main shop in your art booth and find new customers.
    • It's fun! Our events are fun, our community is fun, and we want you to have fun.

I'm not a member of the NSTG, though.

That's okay! During our Summer Event in August, we open to the public. Any other season, we can send you an invitation to the guild and have you onboard in no time.

What kind of art or graphics can I sell?

Anything is welcome. Pre-made collectibles, avatar edits, avatar emotes, sketches, profiles, banners, sig-maps, post styles, chibis, full-bodies, busts -- you name it. If it doesn't violate Gaia's Rules & Guidelines, what you offer is entirely up to you. Many of our past artists have set up small-scale versions of their existing shops; you're welcome to do the same.

Am I restricted to selling my art?

Not at all! You can give it away for free, auction or raffle it off, or trade it for the work of other artists.

What if I'd rather offer a service, such as fortune-telling, bumping, writing, or editing?

We welcome that, too!

My prices aren't newbie-friendly; am I still welcome?

Absolutely! We do not want to police your prices. However, selling some of your work at a discounted or newbie-friendly price would be very generous, and would likely attract a greater number of customers overall.

How can I set up my art booth?

You have two options:
    • You can set up your art booth in our Chatterbox subforum and ask any NSTG Crewmember to move it to the Holiday Events subforum once you're done so that it will be ready before the event begins.
    • Or you can wait until the event begins to set up your art booth in the Holiday Events subforum.

NSTG summer events have a point system; do members receive points for buying art from me?

No; members will not receive points for purchasing, bidding on, or purchasing raffle tickets for your artwork. Your only responsibility is to tend to your art booth.

When will the event take place? Does it have a plot or theme that I can incorporate into my art?

Great question! Check the second post for more information.

Updated July 28th, 2020.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:40 pm
gaia_star Current Event Theme

Please check the Holiday Subforum

Updated October 16, 2021

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:50 pm