Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Hangout With Vice Captain Kaya! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:46 am
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Ah, I see.

And what the shell? I don't get why younger girl would go for the boy after she had said 'Ew' earlier about him. I also don't get why then go for the boy you like and throw her brother pretty much under the bus towards you. -_-

But I can see how that was a funny and not so funny moment kind of thing though.

No. There is two boys that like me. The first one she was like 'ew', but the second one is the boy that I like and she was flirting with.

Ah, okay. I got it now. I totally misread between the two boys in your story. I got them mixed up. sweatdrop

Partly my fault as well.

So yeah. Weird right. Now to see who wins. Youth and energy or mature and smart.

Yeah, it's definitely weird. As in, why would Person A start to flirt with Person X in a competition sense against Person B, who is genuinely interested in Person X, after hearing about that Person B likes Person X? Why suddenly go for someone that you haven't been interested in before until someone else came into the picture, you know? Although, I'm not sure if younger girl did have an interest in him before you had said something though. *shrugs*

I'm going to take a gander here, but you're the mature and smart one, yes? Because I root for the mature and smart person. No offense, if you were the other though. sweatdrop

Well to be a little fair it was their first meeting.

And you would be correct. I think I said youth or something involving the younger person. I'm pretty sure I have a better chance. I've known him longer and we're already friends. We also go to cons and we both like good anime (though his mom doesn't know. *cough, cough*). He also wants to cosplay and he knows I do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:12 pm
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark
KayaLing
OnsenMark

I have no plans to cosplay this time around, so that's something...

But I still need to procure crash space, get my bus tickets, and get the rest of the food I'll need(of course, I also have to plan breakfasts and lunches, at a minimum, lol). I think I can get it all done before the con, though. emotion_awesome )

Yeah, I suppose that reduces planning for a con when you don't have to worry about cosplaying for it.

You should probably get some of those arrangements done pretty soon. You have about two months, right? But still...those months could potentially go by fast for you. owo I personally like to plan in well advance (at least 6 months to a year) for cons. Do you at least got your con pass for it?

Ohhhhhh yeah. I'm getting it mailed to me this time around. That way, I don't have to stand in line when I get there, lol. sweatdrop

Well, I like to plan that ahead, but sometimes, I finish a prop and/or cosplay a few weeks before the actual convention. sweatdrop

Oh, that's nice, but it's a bit weird to get a pass in the mail. As far as I'm aware, conventions over here don't mail passes to attendees. You can still pre-register by buying an 'all days' or VIP pass online (or at certain events that convention advertises itself at), but you don't get it in the mail. You can pickup your pass either on a 'early pickup' day before a convention starts or the 'pre-registered' line during convention hours.

Yeah, most cons I've gone to still do that; Otakon's only started mailing badges in the past year or two...

Ah, I see. :0  

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:18 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Ah, I see.

And what the shell? I don't get why younger girl would go for the boy after she had said 'Ew' earlier about him. I also don't get why then go for the boy you like and throw her brother pretty much under the bus towards you. -_-

But I can see how that was a funny and not so funny moment kind of thing though.

No. There is two boys that like me. The first one she was like 'ew', but the second one is the boy that I like and she was flirting with.

Ah, okay. I got it now. I totally misread between the two boys in your story. I got them mixed up. sweatdrop

Partly my fault as well.

So yeah. Weird right. Now to see who wins. Youth and energy or mature and smart.

Yeah, it's definitely weird. As in, why would Person A start to flirt with Person X in a competition sense against Person B, who is genuinely interested in Person X, after hearing about that Person B likes Person X? Why suddenly go for someone that you haven't been interested in before until someone else came into the picture, you know? Although, I'm not sure if younger girl did have an interest in him before you had said something though. *shrugs*

I'm going to take a gander here, but you're the mature and smart one, yes? Because I root for the mature and smart person. No offense, if you were the other though. sweatdrop

And you would be correct. I think I said youth or something involving the younger person. I'm pretty sure I have a better chance. I've known him longer and we're already friends. We also go to cons and we both like good anime (though his mom doesn't know. *cough, cough*). He also wants to cosplay and he knows I do.

Ah, okay. I see. owo

Well, that's a good sign to have the advantage over the other person. ^^ Oh, that's pretty cool! (Oh? Is his mom like my parents, where they think anime is a bad thing?) That would be neat if you guys cosplayed together from same series or different series.

Cosplaying with my friends and my boyfriend is pretty fun! Even if we don't cosplay from the same series, I love doing crossover pictures with them. I also like our cosplay shenanigans or silly pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:53 pm
gaia_star A RANDOM ARTWORK HAS APPEARED!!! gaia_star

angelmage99

Congratulations, Angel!

Your previous avi that reminded me of the magical girl skins from League Of Legends has peaked my interest!

Here is your free avatar headshot done by me on PAINT! =^_^=

User Image  

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 am
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Partly my fault as well.

Ah, okay. I see. owo

Well, that's a good sign to have the advantage over the other person. ^^ Oh, that's pretty cool! (Oh? Is his mom like my parents, where they think anime is a bad thing?) That would be neat if you guys cosplayed together from same series or different series.

Cosplaying with my friends and my boyfriend is pretty fun! Even if we don't cosplay from the same series, I love doing crossover pictures with them. I also like our cosplay shenanigans or silly pictures!

Yeah. His mom is like that. Don't get me wrong. She's cool with him playing DnD and playing Halo, but just not anime.

I'm hopefully going to be doing a group cosplay with my sis at Anime Expo Day 1. We aren't done by far and we leave the 30th at like 6 am.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:15 am
KayaLing
gaia_star A RANDOM ARTWORK HAS APPEARED!!! gaia_star

angelmage99

Congratulations, Angel!

Your previous avi that reminded me of the magical girl skins from League Of Legends has peaked my interest!

Here is your free avatar headshot done by me on PAINT! =^_^=

User Image

I'm honored.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:05 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99

Ah, okay. I see. owo

Yeah. His mom is like that. Don't get me wrong. She's cool with him playing DnD and playing Halo, but just not anime.

I'm hopefully going to be doing a group cosplay with my sis at Anime Expo Day 1. We aren't done by far and we leave the 30th at like 6 am.

Ah, I see. :0 Pretty much like my dad then. But it really doesn't make sense that she dislikes anime, but not DnD or Halo. owo

Oh, I see. What group cosplay? That cosplay procrastination though. Good luck with finishing everything though!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:45 am
Hi Kaya,

I thought that I would hang out with you and let you know some more about me. I have had an interest in Anime and have watched since the mid 90's. My Mom saw my brother and I watching Pokemon and tried to ban us from watching it. She thinks that Pokemon battles are basically cruelty to animals. I watched it anyways and it became one of my all time favorite shows. Why do you think that I created a Create a Pokemon Contest.

Photography wise I'm always checking out photos and then I saw a new category show up Cosplay Photography and photos of Cosplayers back in 2007. Being born on Halloween I have always liked dressing up in Costume so I had to see Cosplayers and their outfits in person. So my brother and I went to our first con, Youmacon 2009, and I had the time of my life. smile

Since we both like Pokemon and Sailor Moon we kept our eyes out for Cosplayers of both series We were not disappointed. I saw Cosplayers taking photos of other Cosplayers. At first I was shy about asking someone to take a photo of them. After a while my shyness went away. Wow they wanted their photo taken. A photographers dream. I was wearing a Star Trek the Original series outfit, Many Cosplayers wanted to take a photo of me. At first being shy about that too. Then I started making deals. You take a photo of me I take a photo of you. That day a Cosplay Photographer was born!! You have seen my work.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:57 am
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99

Ah, okay. I see. owo

Ah, I see. :0 Pretty much like my dad then. But it really doesn't make sense that she dislikes anime, but not DnD or Halo. owo

Oh, I see. What group cosplay? That cosplay procrastination though. Good luck with finishing everything though!

It isn't cosplay procrastination. I've been working on it for a while, but someone quit and I was working more hours (I don't work on costumes on the days that I work) and then they would call me in. I almost got called in today as well. On top of that, my sister is procrastinating and only has a few pieces of her costume cut out.

The costumes that we're doing are Shiro and Seri from K Project.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:52 pm
smithers456
Hi Kaya,

I thought that I would hang out with you and let you know some more about me. I have had an interest in Anime and have watched since the mid 90's. My Mom saw my brother and I watching Pokemon and tried to ban us from watching it. She thinks that Pokemon battles are basically cruelty to animals. I watched it anyways and it became one of my all time favorite shows. Why do you think that I created a Create a Pokemon Contest.

Photography wise I'm always checking out photos and then I saw a new category show up Cosplay Photography and photos of Cosplayers back in 2007. Being born on Halloween I have always liked dressing up in Costume so I had to see Cosplayers and their outfits in person. So my brother and I went to our first con, Youmacon 2009, and I had the time of my life. smile

Since we both like Pokemon and Sailor Moon we kept our eyes out for Cosplayers of both series We were not disappointed. I saw Cosplayers taking photos of other Cosplayers. At first I was shy about asking someone to take a photo of them. After a while my shyness went away. Wow they wanted their photo taken. A photographers dream. I was wearing a Star Trek the Original series outfit, Many Cosplayers wanted to take a photo of me. At first being shy about that too. Then I started making deals. You take a photo of me I take a photo of you. That day a Cosplay Photographer was born!! You have seen my work.

Hi, Ron!

Oh, that's pretty interesting and some things are similar with me as well!

I don't quite remember when I started to watch anime, but it was during the time of the original Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, and Digimon. Back then, I didn't know that they were anime until Grade 7 when my ex-best friend introduced me to InuYasha. My dad thought that Pokemon and Digimon were evil monsters, which he also tried to stop my brother and I from watching. However, my brother and I worked around that by watching them when he wasn't home or when he was outside doing lawn work. But it wasn't quite the full enjoyable experience because we couldn't just sit and focus on watching them due to keeping an eye/ear out for our dad to come in.

Speaking of the 'Create A Pokemon' Contest, I think I want to do a 'Create A Sailor Scout' Contest sometime in the future. I've used a website that has a 'Sailor Scout' creator, which has a lot of options and colors to work with. Participants can use that creator and/or draw their creation for such a contest. Plus contest would have a similar stats profile like the 'Create A Pokemon' Contest. :3

I think I had stumbled upon cosplay photos online before my first convention, Otafest 2010. I'm not sure if my ex-best friend had previously shown me cosplay pictures or I just accidentally found them and became inspired to cosplay from them.

Did your brother also dress up for your guys' first convention? If so, as what? Yes, your work is quite lovely!

Btw, thanks for posting in my hangout thread! ^^

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:00 pm
angelmage99

KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99

Ah, okay. I see. owo

It isn't cosplay procrastination. I've been working on it for a while, but someone quit and I was working more hours (I don't work on costumes on the days that I work) and then they would call me in. I almost got called in today as well. On top of that, my sister is procrastinating and only has a few pieces of her costume cut out.

The costumes that we're doing are Shiro and Seri from K Project.

Oh, I see~ :0 Yeah, real life stuff happens in the way of one's hobbies. That's pretty understandable. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been working on those particular cosplays? Depending on what needs to be made and real life in general, it can take me up to 6 months - 12 months before a convention to work a cosplay/prop. Thank goodness that I don't do armor or complex cosplays.

Oh, nice! Hopefully, everything will work out! K Project is one of my favorite anime series! Mikoto Suoh is on my list to cosplay as. I already got a wig for him from one of my cosplay Senpais and some pretty close clothing to do a casual form of his actual outfit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:25 pm
KayaLing

Oh, I see~ :0 Yeah, real life stuff happens in the way of one's hobbies. That's pretty understandable. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been working on those particular cosplays? Depending on what needs to be made and real life in general, it can take me up to 6 months - 12 months before a convention to work a cosplay/prop. Thank goodness that I don't do armor or complex cosplays.

Oh, nice! Hopefully, everything will work out! K Project is one of my favorite anime series! Mikoto Suoh is on my list to cosplay as. I already got a wig for him from one of my cosplay Senpais and some pretty close clothing to do a casual form of his actual outfit.

I've been working on it since April.

How long it takes for me to make a costume depends on the complexity. For Example when I make Renge from OHSHC!, it may take me a full two days total, but when I make Jun from Shaman King, it'll take longer.

Well when you go to make him we'll have to see about meeting up for a shoot. You don't live that far away from me, so I would just have to find some friends who want to do a long weekend from me. It says it's a little more than 9 hrs to Calgary.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Freaksrus

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:03 am
Happy Anniversary Guild!
Whoot! *throws confetti*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:28 am
angelmage99
KayaLing

I've been working on it since April.

How long it takes for me to make a costume depends on the complexity. For Example when I make Renge from OHSHC!, it may take me a full two days total, but when I make Jun from Shaman King, it'll take longer.

Well when you go to make him we'll have to see about meeting up for a shoot. You don't live that far away from me, so I would just have to find some friends who want to do a long weekend from me. It says it's a little more than 9 hrs to Calgary.

Oh, I see~ :0 That's definitely much faster than me. But then, again...I paint most of my props, so the many layers also take time to dry in between each coat.

owo Oh? That's... *speechless* You know that I'm in the Calgary area? o.o But it would be neat to do a cosplay photo shoot for K Project, but it won't be for awhile since I have other cosplays to do before Mikoto. I also can't leave Canada since I don't know where my passport is and I haven't been able to get a chance to get a new one yet. sweatdrop

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash