Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Quest Threads! How do they work? +bonus question (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are polls good?
  yes
  no
View Results

Tumbelle

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:14 am
I see so many of these here, I just want to figure out the intention of posting these so that I could start one myself. I'll explain what I figured out from reading the guides (so, so many guides).

Basically, when you figured out what your Dream Avatar is, you start to try and track your progress, (which items you have, are working to buy, how much gold you have and etc.). From my understanding, quest threads are helpful lists for you and informing other people what you want so that they could help you achieve your goal.

My question is, are there any other uses for quest threads? Or was my understanding spot on? Did I miss something?

+bonus question
A lot of these age old guides use a website called tektek.org, but it's either down or I can't access it, can you recommend similar sites? Thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:47 am
Tumbelle

My question is, are there any other uses for quest threads? Or was my understanding spot on? Did I miss something?

Hello Tumbelle,
yes, your understanding of the purpose of quest threads is spot on. biggrin Most users, afaik, use their quest threads also as a small meet-ups for new people they could get to know.
You know, the usual stuff: chat a bit, donate a bit, exchange PMs, overthrow the government...oops, not the last one.
What you want to do with your quest thread besides the obvious questing part is entirely up to you. I link my own NSTG quest thread so you can take a look at a quest thread. Note it is slightly out of date but I will get back to it in ~2 months at the most. Also check post number 4 -> "Again, feel free to ask me anything / chat with me. Donations are always welcome; trade offers for items I want, too." This is something you might find in a lot of other quest threads.

Quote:
+bonus question
A lot of these age old guides use a website called tektek.org, but it's either down or I can't access it, can you recommend similar sites? Thanks!

tektek was once what the avibuilder is nowadays. tektek was a non-gaian site, the avibuilder is a Gaia feature. There might be other websites, but the avibuilder is quite nice IMO.

I hope this answered your questions. If not, let me know and I try to explain more. biggrin

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Tumbelle
I see so many of these here, I just want to figure out the intention of posting these so that I could start one myself. I'll explain what I figured out from reading the guides (so, so many guides).

Basically, when you figured out what your Dream Avatar is, you start to try and track your progress, (which items you have, are working to buy, how much gold you have and etc.). From my understanding, quest threads are helpful lists for you and informing other people what you want so that they could help you achieve your goal.

+bonus question

Marc already answered this well, but I figure I'll add on. c:

Yes, you've got the right idea for quest threads. They're not always just for outfits though. You can make a quest thread to ask for help with obtaining even just one item, especially if it's a very expensive item. Some people also have quests to own one item, but in every color it's released in.
Other people even have quest threads for art (but those are a bit different).
So~ I'm just saying that you can create a quest thread as soon as you know there's even one item that you'd appreciate having help with. You don't have to wait until you've figured out a whole outfit.

Tektek no longer exists. You'll see a lot of references to it, because that (fan-built) site used to do a lot for us. @ .@ That site kept lists of different types of items, it had a text generator, it had a bunch of free profile themes to use, and it mainly was used to create dream avatars (as Marc said).

https://gaiatools.com/ provides some extra features like free profile themes and a random image generator (for signatures).

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games